Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Would you purchase a new unlocked device that's still running on the previous generation Android OS?

124»

Comments

• MyhrddinMyhrddin United StatesPosts: 20 ✭✭✭✭✭

It used to be that to stay in-budget, I'd have to get a phone that fit my decided-upon max spend amount. In the earlier times of my "Smart Phone" use, the phone I picked would have to work with whatever service I wanted to register it with and, generally be found on a hugely discounted price. The last flip-phone I bought went outside that because I fell in love with the way it looked.. it was all chrome and the display would just appear through it.. even had selectable color LED highlights hidden on it for FX and notifications.. the Nokia Mural (6750). You can see it in the Nokia Museum at: http://nokiamuseum.info/nokia-6750-mural/
    Anyway, I wanted something more current finally and got the Axon 7 Mini because it had all the features I might want or need in the foreseeable future.

• AndioshelpAndioshelp United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭
    sshasan said:need unlocked bootloader for all phone's and that should take software pressure off zte as an company because dev forums

• rasalonrasalon IT Technical Support Team - ALS|Resolvion United StatesPosts: 147 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't buy a phone today that didn't have at least 8.0.x/8.1.x with a possible upgrade to 9. Very few phones are on 9. All the Samsung 8 line, Galaxy S8/S8+/Note 8 are still on a version of 8.0.0. The Galaxy S9/S9+/Note 9 came with and are still on a version of 8.1.1 as an example. As another example, the new Asus Zenfone 5Z which was released in July came with and still has a version of 8.0.0 and people say Asus is slow at Android updates. Asus's new ROG Gaming phone comes with a version of 8.1.1 and the Razer gaming phone  V1 only has a version of 8.0.0 on it as far as I know and the newly released V2 only comes with a version of 8.1.1. Since my current phone (A7) is on a version of 8.0.0 It would be nice to start with at least that or 8.1.1 with an upgrade promise and a follow through.