** SOFTWARE UPDATE: Axon 7 A2017U now on B35 **

Comments

• AustiniteAustinite Austin TexasPosts: 18 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Jimlloyd40, it was a trying task but it worked.

• freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 314 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It's quite ridiculous that a factory reset would ever be needed from a security patch update. ZTE, what are you even doing? As a software developer and custom rom creator myself, factory resetting my phone is absolutely not happening. Good thing being rooted with a custom recovery alleviates the need to ever have to factory reset your phone by allowing you to manually fix anything that would require it

• ryampolskyryampolsky United StatesPosts: 231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@westside80 said:

@ryampolsky said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@ryampolsky said:
    Anybody having problems with the location service? It seems to be working in Google maps, but failing on some other apps.

What setting do you have location set to @ryampolsky?

High accuracy. And it works reliably in Google maps. But it's hit and miss in another app I use. It sometimes works, and sometimes the app puts up a dialog that says 'unable to access location service'. I've tried rebooting, wiping cache. Same thing.

Maybe it's something to do with the other app. If it's working in Google Maps then the location is working properly.

I would tend to agree - except the other app was handling location fine before the update.

• gads1gads1 Posts: 33 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2018 5:44PM

where can we locate information on the "miscellaneous performance improvements and other fixes"??
    I know this is not a version update to 7.1.2 that would resolve the well documented Bluetooth issues with 7.1.1 on Google Pixel forum.
    However, I have small hope this does address some of the issues with AVRCP.

Any insight on extras fixes would be appreciated (example: a simple web link).

• aexcorpaexcorp Posts: 18 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks a lot, ZTE!

I was starting to think that no security updates would come until Oreo, which might be another 3-4 months out (who knows...) And as I and other have posted on these forums over the last 6 or so months, the 2nd half of 2017 was particularly bad in terms of major security vulnerabilities, so it really was getting urgent to bring us up to a more recent security patch level.

I was actually just waiting to have more time to test out Lineage, but this latest update might make me stick to the OEM ROM till Oreo.

BTW, so far my experience with this new ROM has been that battery life is generally unchanged (but too early to really tell for sure), but the phone feels smoother, whether it's scrolling webpages and apps or dragging down the top menu. Bluetooth seems to work fine so far and I haven't seen any problems yet (did not test camera yet though). I cleared cache after the update, just to be safe.

• gatorguy2gatorguy2 Posts: 132 ✭✭✭✭✭

For a couple of minutes I thought I might be seeing a lockup too with the ZTE logo on screen for quite some time on the reboot. As soon as I touched the power key it booted up as it should. :/ Seems OK now.

• samwichsesamwichse Posts: 47 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone else having trouble with the night light feature after the update?

Before, it worked perfectly. Came on right at dusk, went off right at sun up. Now it won't work automatically at all, I have to go into the settings and turn it on/off every time.

Otherwise, everything seems great with the update... even though we STILL don't have the option to switch to onscreen nav buttons or Camera API.

• kavleungkavleung Posts: 11 ✭✭✭✭✭

@samwichse said:
    Anyone else having trouble with the night light feature after the update?

Before, it worked perfectly. Came on right at dusk, went off right at sun up. Now it won't work automatically at all, I have to go into the settings and turn it on/off every time.

Otherwise, everything seems great with the update... even though we STILL don't have the option to switch to onscreen nav buttons or Camera API.

I have the same problem. The feature still works, but the settings are lost when you shutdown your phone and start it again.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,257 mod

Updated and everything is smooth as butter!
    :)

• flacomxflacomx el paso,txPosts: 2 ✭✭

greetings, and for axon 7 mini there will be no update, someone knows if it will have update. :(

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@flacomx said:
    greetings, and for axon 7 mini there will be no update, someone knows if it will have update. :(

Don't know for sure @flacomx. There hasn't been one announced but that doesn't mean there won't be one.

edited January 30, 2018 10:15AM

The MiFavor recent update has played havoc with both my Axon 7 phones. App's sometimes open, then lock-up, phones have to be rebooted, or when phones turned-on they take 5-8 minutes before screen appears. I've now completely wiped data/factory reset both of them already once. This helped for a few hours yesterday, then both phones went back to same situation. Is anyone else experiencing this same issue. I have no app's on the phones at this time as I wanted to make sure previous android apps we not causing situation. One phone I could live-with, but two phones isn't good upon the part of ZTE. Any ideas before I road-kill both these two Axon 7's and buy two Samsung 8's? These are work phones, I can't handle a bad upgrade by ZTE and zero support from ZTE's customer service department.

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2018 10:16AM

@jimlloyd40 said:

@gads1 said:
    where can we locate information on the "miscellaneous performance improvements and other fixes"??
    I know this is not a version update to 7.1.2 that would resolve the well documented Bluetooth issues with 7.1.1 on Google Pixel forum.
    However, I have small hope this does address some of the issues with AVRCP.

Any insight on extras fixes would be appreciated (example: a simple web link).

@gads1 wasn't there a change log that accompanied the update? And what is AVRCP?

@jimlloyd40

AVRCP is designed to provide a standard interface to control TVs, Hi-fi equipment, etc. to allow a single remote control (or other device) to control all of the A/V equipment to which a user has access. It may be used in concert with A2DP or VDP. It is commonly used in car navigation systems to control streaming Bluetooth audio.

It also has the possibility for vendor-dependent extensions.
    AVRCP has several versions with significantly increasing functionality:
    Basic remote control commands (play/pause/stop, etc.)
    Controls metadata and media-player state support
    The status of the music source (playing, stopped, etc.)
    Metadata information on the track itself (artist, track name, etc.).
    Media browsing capabilities for multiple media players
    Browsing and manipulation of multiple players
    Browsing of media metadata per media player, including a "Now Playing" list
    Basic search capabilities
    Support for Absolute volume
    Browsing data and track information[5]
    Number of items that are in a folder without downloading the list etc..

The update seems to be as usual. Some phones exhibit bugs, while what seems to be the majority run as smooth as a hot knife through butter.

@jimlloyd40 No problem brother 😉

No. I'll try such your recommendation, see if it works.

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Updated successfully.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Austinite said:
    The MiFavor recent update has played havoc with both my Axon 7 phones. App's sometimes open, then lock-up, phones have to be rebooted, or when phones turned-on they take 5-8 minutes before screen appears. I've now completely wiped data/factory reset both of them already once. This helped for a few hours yesterday, then both phones went back to same situation. Is anyone else experiencing this same issue. I have no app's on the phones at this time as I wanted to make sure previous android apps we not causing situation. One phone I could live-with, but two phones isn't good upon the part of ZTE. Any ideas before I road-kill both these two Axon 7's and buy two Samsung 8's? These are work phones, I can't handle a bad upgrade by ZTE and zero support from ZTE's customer service department.

This appears on the surface like an App issue. If you can, FDR one of the devices again, from scratch not from a backup, then slowly add apps until you find one that causes issues. That's the only thing left i can think @Austinite .

• jdchjdch CaPosts: 2 ✭✭

Mys phone was restarting all the time after the update. It stopped restarting during the night and has not restarted in the last 24 hours so I assume it fixed it's self. Thanks for your help.

edited January 30, 2018 3:10PM

I finally updated my A7 and must say that it does seem a little more fluid overall. The scrolling seems smoother than it was which is nice, I just hope it stays like this and isn't just some placebo effect.

Sidenote- Like the big dummy that I am 😁 I forgot to take out my SD Card, but luckily it didn't cause any problems and the update went as planned.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,663 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@texasmade1 said:
    I finally updated my A7 and must say that it does seem a little more fluid overall. The scrolling seems smoother than it was which is nice, I just hope it stays like this and isn't just some placebo effect.

Sidenote- Like the big dummy that I am 😁 I forgot to take out my SD Card, but luckily it didn't cause any problems and the update went as planned.

I agree @texasmade my a7 seems a little smoother as well. Like you I forgot to remove the SD card also. I have not had any issues either.

• acatrusacatrus Posts: 352 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I never removed my SD card while updating my Axon7. Never has any problem with that