** SOFTWARE UPDATE: Axon 7 A2017U now on B35 **

Comments

• wrbirdwrbird Posts: 162 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@hollap Thanks for letting me know. I'll do a hard reset over the weekend and hopefully both issues will be fixed. Resetting up my phone is NOT quick process because I start as a new phone. I've never had good results from doing a complete restore from a backup.

• ThatonebadusernameThatonebadusername IsraelPosts: 31 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:

@whirlwind23 said:
    Does anyone know if this update fixes the Bluetooth metadata bug where the song name won't show up on your car stereo? The last update broke that feature and it's been annoying since.

I don't believe it does this go around, as i believe you need Nougat 7.1.2 for that fix. But I'm hopeful that when this device gets Oreo it will resolve that issue.

Does this confirm Oreo?

@westside80 said:

@Thatonebadusername said:

@hollap said:

@whirlwind23 said:
    Does anyone know if this update fixes the Bluetooth metadata bug where the song name won't show up on your car stereo? The last update broke that feature and it's been annoying since.

I don't believe it does this go around, as i believe you need Nougat 7.1.2 for that fix. But I'm hopeful that when this device gets Oreo it will resolve that issue.

Does this confirm Oreo?

Oreo has already been confirmed. Should be around April.

Does it include widevine L1 support?

edited February 2, 2018 2:43PM

@westside80 said:

@westside80 said:

@hollap said:

@whirlwind23 said:

Does this confirm Oreo?

Oreo has already been confirmed. Should be around April.

Does it include widevine L1 support?

No clue.

I really hope so, I love my axon 7. my only gripe is the lack of hd video support on many apps

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 482 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am seeing poorer battery life with this update. Also when I plug my phone into the charger that came with the phone it will switch from charging to quick charging to charging and finally back to quick charging where it finally settles down. But it will switch about 4 times before settling down on quick charge. No lint in my phone. This only started after the latest update. Always something with this A7.

I've also seen a pretty significant drop in battery life. However, I'm having other issues with this update so I'll be doing a hard reset over the weekend. Hopefully my battery life will come back. Before this update I have been very impressed with the A7's battery life compared to my Samsung S7.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I also felt that the battery behavior seems to be a bit odd for me. I noticed a couple of instances where phone reports higher battery level but drained to low level fairly quickly. And when it is charging, it seems to charge slow to about 40ish but then it gets to 90 or so really quickly. I have let the phone drained to about 2% and do a full charge and I plan to go through that a few more times and possibly do a factory reset to see what is wrong.

For those of you who were working with me on an issue that I was having after this update with a location fail error in my CalenGoo app after the hard reset that was advised by ZTE to fix the problem, I just wanted to report that the reset did NOT fix it.

I noticed after the complete fresh reset without installing anything the factory set home page with the pre-installed weather widget is also having a similar error. When I tap on the widget to open the weather app I swipe down to update the weather and I get a "location failed" error message. Interesting, any thoughts?

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2, 2018 10:39PM

@wrbird To be sure we are on the same page, you are talking about the weather app pictured below, correct? If you are, mine is working correctly. I just put it on my home screen to test it out to see what result I received.

It sucks that the factory reset didn't resolve your issue in the CalenGoo App, but since you're having the location problem in the weather app as well, it seems like something is not working correctly software wise.

@texasmade1 Yes, that is the correct app. Thanks for verifying this with me. Well, I'll pass this info along to ZTE.

@texasmade1 So to recap, you were able to duplicate the error message that I was getting in CalenGoo, but could not duplicate the error message in the weather app, is this correct?

@ram1220 said:
    I am seeing poorer battery life with this update. Also when I plug my phone into the charger that came with the phone it will switch from charging to quick charging to charging and finally back to quick charging where it finally settles down. But it will switch about 4 times before settling down on quick charge. No lint in my phone. This only started after the latest update. Always something with this A7.

I've noticed the same the same exact thing with the charging. Battery life hasn't been as good after the update, but I'm going to give it a few more charging cycles before I can definitely say battery life is worse for my A7 after they B35 update.

@texasmade1 in the weather app see if you have a city already set. If you do delete it, and all other cities so that when you refresh the app it's forced to use the location services only. I would be curious what happens.

I don't have any cities set and the location button is checked. When I do a refresh I can see my GPS symbol show up on the notification bar but then I get the location failed error after a period of time. Thanks for your help.

@wrbird said:
    @texasmade1 So to recap, you were able to duplicate the error message that I was getting in CalenGoo, but could not duplicate the error message in the weather app, is this correct?

Correct. I could duplicate the CalenGoo error but I can't duplicate it on the pre-installed weather widget.

@westside80 apparently I did not have this set. I went into the setting for it and the icon looked a bit grayed out. I tapped on it and agreed to the terms and the icon was colored. Then I went back to the weather widget and tapped on the refresh button and am still getting the same error.

@westside80 I have Qualcomm IZat Accelerated Location enabled on my A7.

@westside80 anything and everything is worth a shot at this point. I was having zero issues before this update. My A7 has been awesome, until now 😞

@wrbird said:
    @texasmade1 in the weather app see if you have a city already set. If you do delete it, and all other cities so that when you refresh the app it's forced to use the location services only. I would be curious what happens.

I don't have any cities set and the location button is checked. When I do a refresh I can see my GPS symbol show up on the notification bar but then I get the location failed error after a period of time. Thanks for your help.

I went into the weather app in settings and cleared data & cache which is the only way I could delete a city that was already set. I then put the widget back on my home screen and tapped it,
    it opened up and I pulled down to refresh, it worked and set the correct location. However I did notice that the refresh icon in the to left does not work, only the pull down to refresh.

@westside80 that's correct, except now I just found out it's not working in the stock weather app either. The developer of CalenGoo said the error occurs when the android function Geocoder.getFromLocationName is called upon.

@wrbird I just noticed that the refresh button on the top right of the stock weather widget throws the location failed error.

edited February 2, 2018 11:37PM

There is definitely something weird going on software wise that ZTE needs to take a deeper look in to.