** SOFTWARE UPDATE: Axon 7 A2017U now on B35 **

Comments

• wrbirdwrbird Posts: 162 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@texasmade1 Interesting that half of your weather app works. I get the failed message when refreshing from the widget, refreshing in the app by pulling down, and in the app when I tap the refresh button in the top left corner. Go figure. Well, I could care less about the weather app because I use a different one that I didn't notice I had a problem with before I did the hard reset. But I used this feature in my calendar app all the time. ZTE is still working with me on this so let's see what there last word will be.

@texasmade1 I just installed my weather app, Transparent Clock and Weather and it works perfectly, found my location quickly. The CalenGoo developer said not all apps that find location use that particular Android function I mentioned previously. But those that do will not work properly because of this update. That's why my other mapping apps I've checked have worked fine.

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2018 12:09AM

@wrbird said:
    @texasmade1 Interesting that half of your weather app works. I get the failed message when refreshing from the widget, refreshing in the app by pulling down, and in the app when I tap the refresh button in the top left corner. Go figure. Well, I could care less about the weather app because I use a different one that I didn't notice I had a problem with before I did the hard reset. But I used this feature in my calendar app all the time. ZTE is still working with me on this so let's see what there last word will be.

I got the error in the Weather Underground widget (inside the app works), AccuWeather Platinum widget (inside the app works) and the NOAA weather widget free (inside the app works). None of them will work unless I'm in the app.

However XWidget, Weather & Clock Widget for Android, and the NOAA Weather Radar widgets all work fine. So my default choice works fine, which is great for me and for you as well.

All I know is that this is a really weird bug that I haven't ever experienced in all my years of Android experiences, and that dates back to 2008 withthe original Android (G1). Hopefully they get this fixed for the apps that do use that particular hook/function.

• AerospacemanAerospaceman United StatesPosts: 1,504 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@westside80 said:
    I added the stock weather widget and the location wouldn't work, even on High Accuracy. It seems no weather widget will find location info. It's no doubt a bug in B35. @sshasan This may be something the team needs to look at.

No doubt a bug??? Mine works perfectly fine for location and I have the same exact update and device as you. How many people are reporting this now?

@Aerospaceman Well it all started with me this morning after installing the update, when my calendar app, CalenGoo when pop up an error message when it was trying to show a location on a map. It uses the Android function Geocoder.getFromLocationName for this and the developer of CalenGoo confirmed that this update screwed up this function. Whenever an app calls on this particular function it won't run.

edited February 3, 2018 12:29AM

@Aerospaceman said:

@westside80 said:
    I added the stock weather widget and the location wouldn't work, even on High Accuracy. It seems no weather widget will find location info. It's no doubt a bug in B35. @sshasan This may be something the team needs to look at.

No doubt a bug??? Mine works perfectly fine for location and I have the same exact update and device as you. How many people are reporting this now?

@Aerospaceman I've counted at least 3 users including myself, and I listed some apps above whose widgets do not work that worked perfectly fine before the update, as well as a few apps who's widgets do work fine before and after the update.

I also did a full factory reset, and yet this "bug" persisted, and yes I set the phone back up as new.

@westside80 said:

@Aerospaceman said:

@westside80 said:

I guess I mispoke, as usual. I guess there is some doubt. Excuse me.

I think you spoke correctly, but then again that's just my opinion...

It's definitely a B35 issue. I didn't have any problems until B35 was installed and CalenGoo verified the problem is with the system running this function. I have two other phones, Samsung S7 and ASUS ZenFone 2 that have CalenGoo installed and they work perfectly.

@westside80 said:

@texasmade1 said:

@Aerospaceman said:

@westside80 said:

@Aerospaceman I've counted at least 3, and I listed some apps above that do not work that worked perfect fine before the update.
    I also did a full factory reset, and yet this "bug" persisted, and yes I set the phone back up as new.

Draftkings won't work for me now. It won't find my location and it has to verfiy my location because Draftkings is illegal in certain states. Sucks. "We were unable to identify your location." It said for me to use High Accuracy so I went and checked it but it still wouldn't find my location.

You could always try the dreaded factory reset, but I've already tried that and it didn't work for me or @wrbird .

@wrbird said:
    It's definitely a B35 issue. I didn't have any problems until B35 was installed and CalenGoo verified the problem is with the system running this function. I have two other phones, Samsung S7 and ASUS ZenFone 2 that have CalenGoo installed and they work perfectly.

I also have a 2nd Axon 7 that's still on B32 and the location services work as they should on all of the widgets that have been discussed as well as DK's ....

So the latest from ZTE is for me to send the phone back for them to look at it. I have a couple of other questions into them, so let's see what they say. I do have to say they have been very very responsive to me about this. That's a great thing!

Thanks everyone for working with me on this, I sure appreciate it!

@wrbird said:
    So the latest from ZTE is for me to send the phone back for them to look at it. I have a couple of other questions into them, so let's see what they say. I do have to say they have been very very responsive to me about this. That's a great thing!

That's good that they have been responsive, but then again they should be as it is their job to be.

I'm going to see if I can revert back to the B32 build until this all gets straightened out.

@westside80 Well I'm looking forward to seeing the results of @texasmade1 reverting back to B32. That was actually one of my questions I asked ZTE.

edited February 3, 2018 12:45AM

@westside80 said:

@texasmade1 said:

@westside80 said:

@texasmade1 said:

@Aerospaceman said:

@westside80 said:

@Aerospaceman I've counted at least 3, and I listed some apps above that do not work that worked perfect fine before the update.

Draftkings won't work for me now. It won't find my location and it has to verfiy my location because Draftkings is illegal in certain states. Sucks. "We were unable to identify your location." It said for me to use High Accuracy so I went and checked it but it still wouldn't find my location.

You could always try the dreaded factory reset, but I've already tried that and it didn't work for me or @wrbird.

No point in it because it didn't help you or @wrbird. To me, if multiple people are having the same problem with multiple different apps then there is more than likely a problem with the build on the phone. Maybe I shouldn't have said "No doubt." I am really going to have to start choosing my words more wisely. I may have to start writing my posts down on a piece of paper and going over and over them before I actually post in the community. I'm going to start watching myself more closely from now on. I really don't want to say the wrong things.

As I said I saw nothing wrong with your choice of words. If you're going to have to do all that then there really isn't even a reason for you to post it, as it will not be the true @westside80 that I know. It's not as if you've been disrespectful, hateful or abusive. But this is just the opinion of little ol' me..😉

Sorry for off topic...

@texasmade1 said:

@westside80 said:

@texasmade1 said:

@westside80 said:

@texasmade1 said:

@Aerospaceman said:

@westside80 said:

You could always try the dreaded factory reset, but I've already tried that and it didn't work for me or @wrbird.

No point in it because it didn't help you or @wrbird. To me, if multiple people are having the same problem with multiple different apps then there is more than likely a problem with the build on the phone. Maybe I shouldn't have said "No doubt." I am really going to have to start choosing my words more wisely. I may have to start writing my posts down on a piece of paper and going over and over them before I actually post in the community. I'm going to start watching myself more closely from now on. I really don't want to say the wrong things.

As I said I saw nothing wrong with your choice of words. If you're going to have to do all that then there really isn't even a reason for you to post it, as it will not be the true @westside80 that I know. It's not as if you've been disrespectful or hateful or abusive. But this is just the opinion of little ol' me..😉

Sorry for off topic...

I second that.

@westside80 said:

@wrbird said:

That's awesome to hear. Sucks you have to send the phone in though. I'm having the same problem so I wonder if I'll have to send my phone in too? I see no point in sending my phone in when the next update will probably fix the issue. There's more than likely nothing wrong with your phone that a software update can't fix. Honestly.

I completely agree that it's a software issue.

• AerospacemanAerospaceman United StatesPosts: 1,504 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Can someone please post a video issue of the location problem? I have not been able to duplicate this at all with any of the apps that have been described that are free(not going to pay for an app to test). This would be appreciated.

edited February 3, 2018 1:25AM

@Aerospaceman said:
    Can someone please post a video issue of the location problem? I have not been able to duplicate this at all with any of the apps that have been described that are free(not going to pay for an app to test). This would be appreciated.

@Aerospaceman Compressing the video as I type. Will post a link when finished uploading

@westside80 said:
    You won't believe this but Draftkings found my location right after I posted that screenshot and the stock weather widget is also working properly now. I changed nothing. Location is still set on High Accuracy but it was before and neither the stock weather widget or Draftkings would update location. What's that mean? Why did it all of a sudden start working? Weather widget won't update unless the location is set to high accuracy. I tried it on Battery saving and it was a no go. Failed to locate.

@westside80 Glad it started working for you, but I've tried everything and still can't get some weather widget to work, but DK's is back working