** SOFTWARE UPDATE: Axon 7 A2017U now on B35 **

Comments

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2018 2:10AM

@Aerospaceman Here is the link to the video you asked for, hope it gives you a little more insight to the problem that had been described.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uUMFLl19EfwDdmwUwvQpUdyM7OZec4H3/view?usp=drivesdk

edited February 3, 2018 11:02AM

@westside80 said:

That's exactly what mine was doing but now it will update with High Accuracy. It won't update on battery saving though. I don't understand it because mine wasn't working at all and then it just started working out of nowhere. Once it has your location it should update even on battery saving so something still isn't right. Btw I been on wifi during all of this, not LTE.

It's definitely weird, I've changed my location settings from Device Only, to Battery Saving and then back to High Accuracy but it still throws the error or won't update. At least the apps that need location that I depend on work, but it still bothers me that not all of the apps work as they should. I'm gonna flash B32 for the heck of it, but I'm 99.9% sure what the outcome will be. Then I'll go back to B35 (security updates are of utmost importance to me) and just deal with it until the next update..

edited February 3, 2018 2:20AM

@jimlloyd40 said:

@texasmade1 said:
    @Aerospaceman Here is the link to the video you asked for, hope it gives you a little more insight to the problem that had been described.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uUMFLl19EfwDdmwUwvQpUdyM7OZec4H3/view?usp=drivesdk

@texasmade1 that is very impressive. Great job!

@jimlloyd40 Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I did what was asked and hopefully it helps show what @wrbird @westside80 & I are talking about and brings some more understanding to the situation. I'm all for solutions and helping out this community however I can, as most of us are.

@jimlloyd40 said:
    I just got home from work and I must say that @wrbird, @westside80 and @texasmade1 you guys all did a great job discussing this. I wish that I still had a stock A7 to test

No you don't, lol😉😁.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2018 2:52AM

@texasmade1 Can you test this out for us without the launcher you have on the device.

Here is the link to my video showing that GPS is working fine, anyone is interested (using test GPS Test & GPS Status apps)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6WOA5jewAWMqcWzA2

edited February 3, 2018 10:56AM

@sshasan said:
    @texasmade1 Can you test this out for us without the launcher you have on the device.

Yes sir, give me a few minutes and I'll get it done and will pay a link to the video. Sorry it took so long to reply. Thanks @sshasan

• wrbirdwrbird Posts: 162 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@texasmade1 said:

@westside80 said:

That's exactly what mine was doing but now it will update with High Accuracy. It won't update on battery saving though. I don't understand it because mine wasn't working at all and then it just started working out of nowhere. Once it has your location it should update even on battery saving so something still isn't right. Btw I been on wifi during all of this, not LTE.

It's definitely weird, I've changed my location settings from Device Only, to Battery Saving and then back to High Accuracy but it still throws the error or won't update. At least the apps that need location that I depend on work, but it still bothers me that not all of the apps work as they should. I'm gonna flash B32 for the heck of it, but I'm 99.9% sure what the outcome will be. Then I'll just go back to BED and just deal with it until the next update..

@texasmade1 I would like to go back to B32 also and then wait for the Oreo update that's coming. Can you help me out with this? Where do you get the B32 file? And when you go back to B32 doesn't the phone always try to install the B35 version?

@sshasan Here is the link to the video after I changed back to the stock launcher, unfortunately it's the same results.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qcxiHsSPhLK9ksRtGwiIcMDAzpju7Fgn/view?usp=drivesdk

edited February 3, 2018 10:57AM

@wrbird said:

@texasmade1 said:

@westside80 said:

It's definitely weird, I've changed my location settings from Device Only, to Battery Saving and then back to High Accuracy but it still throws the error or won't update. At least the apps that need location that I depend on work, but it still bothers me that not all of the apps work as they should. I'm gonna flash B32 for the heck of it, but I'm 99.9% sure what the outcome will be. Then I'll just go back to BED and just deal with it until the next update..

@texasmade1 I would like to go back to B32 also and then wait for the Oreo update that's coming. Can you help me out with this? Where do you get the B32 file? And when you go back to B32 doesn't the phone always try to install the B35 version?

@wrbird If on B32 the phone will notify you of an update if that setting is turned on. Just make sure to turn off the Auto Update setting, as well turn off the Auto Download setting in the System Update settings. It shouldn't notify you when an update is available and it will not Auto Download. You will have to check manually for updates with these settings turned off.

The only way that I've found to do it so far is by rooting my A7 that has the B35 build on it, and at this point I'm not willing to do that. That being said, my A7 that's still on B32, is working just as it's supposed to. I've got some feelers out to a few different people to see if I can downgrade to B32 from B35 without rooting. As soon as I find out if I can roll back without root and find someone that has an unmolested build of B32, I'll definitely let you know and help you out.

@jimlloyd40 thanks for the input as you're correct. If anyone would know that answer it would definitely be them.

@DrakenFX @benkores is it possible to roll back from B35 to B32 without root or TWRP ? If it is, do you know where to get the original B32 file from so it can be downloaded? Thanks for your help.

@texasmade1 said:

@wrbird said:

@texasmade1 said:

@westside80 said:

@wrbird If on B32 the phone will notify you of an update if that setting is turned on. Just make sure to turn off the Auto Update setting, as well turn off the Auto Download setting in the System Update settings. It shouldn't notify you when an update is available and it will not Auto Download. You will have to check manually for updates with these settings turned off.

The only way that I've found to do it so far is by rooting my A7 that has the B35 build on it, and at this point I'm not willing to do that. That being said, my A7 that's still on B32, is working just as it's supposed to. I've got some feelers out to a few different people to see if I can downgrade to B32 from B35 without rooting. As soon as I find out if I can roll back without root and find someone that has an unmolested build of B32, I'll definitely let you know and help you out.

@texasmade1 I'm not planning on rooting either, so I'm looking forward to hearing more.

• landzonelandzone San DiegoPosts: 69 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone solved the increased battery drain issue? I have tried wipe cache partition, clear memory cache.. These actions did not improve my battery life. I forgot to remove the Sd card before updating.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@wrbird said:

@texasmade1 said:

@wrbird said:

@texasmade1 said:

@westside80 said:

@texasmade1 I'm not planning on rooting either, so I'm looking forward to hearing more.

@wrbird there is a B32 SD card package download on the ZTE website in support.

Thanks @jimlloyd40. I'm downloading it now. I've never had to go back before. It just finished downloading. It's currently located in my download folder. Do you know if I do a reset that it will find this file or do I need to place it someplace else?

@jimlloyd40 said:

@wrbird said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@wrbird said:

@texasmade1 said:

@wrbird said:

@texasmade1 said:

@westside80 said:

@wrbird there is a B32 SD card package download on the ZTE website in support.

Thanks @jimlloyd40. I'm downloading it now. I've never had to go back before. It just finished downloading. It's currently located in my download folder. Do you know if I do a reset that it will find this file or do I need to place it someplace else?

@texasmade1 could answer that question better than me. The only time I did an update from a SD card I didn't have to reset the phone I just booted to recovery and chose update from the SD card. But please get another opinion before proceeding.

Ok @jimlloyd40 thanks for the input. I'm hoping others will respond.

Well I found some instructions on the ZTE site to update from SD card. Sounds pretty easy so I'll let you know how it goes.