Axon 7 wakes up often, screen comes on

ggregggreg Posts: 185 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Axon 7 wakes up often with no visible notifications. Screen comes on, shows lock screen, turns off after about 5 seconds. Is there an option to turn this off?

Answers

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on the app thats doing that. I noticed it happens with calendar I think. Figure out which app is doing it and check settings. I hate when the screen lights up from a notification. Which apps? I think that turd lucktastic does it too. Oh and I'm not sure if calm meditation does it.

• ggregggreg Posts: 185 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use Google calendar (stock calendar is disabled), and it has no options that relate to this behavior. I don't have the other apps you mention.

There's no visible indication which app is doing this. GSam doesn't have a section for screen activation, just number of times waking up device, and that could be anything since many apps do it.

• busymanbusyman CanadaPosts: 401 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happens to me too. Hmm.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,600 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The only thing I know of that could be waking the screen is text messages.
    I've never heard anyone else mention the device waking from notifications.
    We can only assume that it is a specific app with special permissions to wake the device, or something is corrupt.
    When was the last time you reset the device? Can we assume you are running the stock ROM version B35?

• sirhc.csirhc.c Prince Rupert, BCPosts: 15 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I know that my Axon was waking without notification, and I found it to be SnapChat!

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,600 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sirhc.c said:
    Well I know that my Axon was waking without notification, and I found it to be SnapChat!

Hmm that very well could be. I have it installed but only used it for a minute sometime last year.
    I'm considered ancient in Snapchat years, so...
    If @ggreg and @busyman use it though, that might be what is causing it.

• sirhc.csirhc.c Prince Rupert, BCPosts: 15 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DoppelgangerD said:

@sirhc.c said:

Hmm that very well could be. I have it installed but only used it for a minute sometime last year.
    I'm considered ancient in Snapchat years, so...
    If @ggreg and @busyman use it though, that might be what is causing it.

I had Notifications turned off, but found when I would get a message, my screen would light up.
    It may happen with other apps as well. I actually have logged out of Snapchat, and my screen lite up this morning for no apparent reason, could have been another app, but not sure of the app this time.

• klevklev Posts: 106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2018 1:28PM

Bump...my Axon started doing this recently too. I didnt install any new messaging apps. Looking at GSM app charts, seems like it happens when the phone comes out of 'Doze' mode.