Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Complete this Power Saving Mode survey and have a chance at winning a $20 Amazon gift card

ZTE ResearchZTE Research Posts: 8 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 6, 2018 5:58PM in Consumer Lab

Let's talk ''Power Saving Mode"!

The Consumer Lab team has a quick 5-minute survey that will help them better understand your take on Power Saving Mode and how you use or don't use it on your device.

https://www.surveyanalytics.com/t/AI4eJZOXo8

If you qualify and complete this survey, you will be entered in for a chance to win a $20 Amazon gift card.

As always your feedback is appreciated.

Comments

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Survey completed. Thanks for the opportunity.

For what it's worth, I really like the options for automatic and manual power saving modes. The ability to choose is what makes Android the best operating system.

• 14blank4014blank40 United StatesPosts: 400 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Completed! I left a few suggestions which I though may be helpful.

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,288 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Completed

• runtohell121runtohell121 CaliforniaPosts: 2,114 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Done

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,111 mod

Done.

• austin45austin45 United StatesPosts: 127 ✭✭✭✭✭

Done!

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

done.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Done. I selected that I never use it, then the survey was complete. I would have liked to have had a chance to comment why.

The reason I don't is because I have found that there is no battery life to be saved by using power save mode. The only reason I can think of to sacrifice performance is to save battery. Since in my experience this does not occur, I leave it in full power mode all the time.

• keithisreal2013keithisreal2013 Austin, TexasPosts: 178 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Done and thanks!

• 14blank4014blank40 United StatesPosts: 400 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:
    Done. I selected that I never use it, then the survey was complete. I would have liked to have had a chance to comment why.

The reason I don't is because I have found that there is no battery life to be saved by using power save mode. The only reason I can think of to sacrifice performance is to save battery. Since in my experience this does not occur, I leave it in full power mode all the time.

I was doing this on my phone and I did the same thing. Luckily I was able to go back into the survey (The power of mobile devices lol) and pick the manual option and explain, as you said, that the power saver didnt really save my any battery.so hopefully other people have done the same or similar and ZTE can also hear the opnions people who don't use it as well and why.

• saeedtedsaeedted DallasPosts: 1,164 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

completed

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,694 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Survey Completed..... twice! ;-)

• MyhrddinMyhrddin United StatesPosts: 18 ✭✭✭✭✭

Survey complete. It was a good opportunity as well, to mention a few things that don't normally seem to be considered by people writing apps.. with no concern for battery life or data limits or, just being reasonable with resources. *grins