Axon M Android 8?

VizariVizari TexasPosts: 6 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if any of y'all know about the expected timeframe for Android O to come to the Axon M?

Comments

• loudog3114loudog3114 Posts: 13 ✭✭✭✭✭

This phone really needs it for the battery life and performance improvements with better background app management (both automatic and user configurable). The 821 really slacks a bit and oreo should help that by keeping background processes in check. Every day I wonder if I should just sell this thing while its still worth some money or keep holding out for oreo. I really wish ZTE would give us an official release scheduled and the mods would stop locking every thread asking about it.

• Deadly065Deadly065 United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

@musicdjm said:
    ZTE hasnt announced any specific info yet but they did promise to bring Android Oreo to the Axon M so its only a matter of time before it happens. If I had to guess id say sometime in Q2 of 2018

I'd assume from now and between August 30th. We'll get the update. I'm waiting for it too. I love this phone though I get alot of omg what is that lols

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,778 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Deadly065 said:

@musicdjm said:
    ZTE hasnt announced any specific info yet but they did promise to bring Android Oreo to the Axon M so its only a matter of time before it happens. If I had to guess id say sometime in Q2 of 2018

I'd assume from now and between August 30th. We'll get the update. I'm waiting for it too. I love this phone though I get alot of omg what is that lols

Umm.... ZTE is basically shut down. Don't count on it

• KyzaKyza United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, it's December now and ZTE is slowly getting back into it. Are there any updates on this? I'm probably getting an Axon M (it is leagues ahead of my old phone's hardware and I don't really care about most of the cons) and I want to know if they called off the Android Oreo update.