Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

[POLL] Calling All Axon M Users... Keyboard Design Poll

ZTE ResearchZTE Research Posts: 13 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 19, 2018 4:19PM in Consumer Lab

To better improve the keyboard experience of the Axon M, Consumer Lab would like to hear your opinion of the design and usability of the keyboard while in Dual Mode, horizontally.

1.)While in Dual Mode, horizontally, how satisfied are you with the keyboard design and text input for messaging apps (default messenger, Facebook Messenger etc…)? - Poll choice

2.)Explain your choice And leave your suggestions in the comments below.

[POLL] Calling All Axon M Users... Keyboard Design Poll 16 votes

Very satisfied
31%
razor512jasonefzrrichhelldogg75philk38 5 votes
Somewhat satisfied
25%
frodriguez2010Aerospacemanlouisdhollap 4 votes
Neither satisfied nor dissatisfied
31%
coldheat06samsamhaDrakenFXwings4annietinamhawks 5 votes
Somewhat dissatisfied
6%
wiseman13 1 vote
Very dissatisfied
6%
musicdjm 1 vote

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have much complain about the keyboard layout when the two screens are on top of each other. Though, i feel that when in dual view mode and need to type something on the bottom app, it can be a bit difficult due to the fact that the keyboard takes up almost 3/4 of the screen, so I only left with just 1 line or so of the text field for me to see. I would prefer to have the keyboard to take about maybe 1/2 of the screensize so we can see more contents. Also, instead of spanning across the whole display horizontally it could shrink a little bit so the thumb does not have to travel that far.

One thing I think maybe useful is to have a floating keyboard where we can undock from the bottom of the screen and resize it and place it anywhere on the screen for input.

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,637 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2018 9:16PM
    Very satisfied

In the landscape orientation, it has all of the common functions, thus I am satisfied with it.
    Though for an even better experience, allow users to rearrange the different panels in the calculator so that the most commonly used panels will be closer to the sides of the screen, thus easier for 2 handed operation.

The only thing that will improve things further is if they would allow for better display scaling, allow me to reduce the scaling much more so that we can have more usable screen space when in landscape orientation, especially if doing text entry into forum posts and other content on web browsers.

Attached an example.

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Very satisfied

I prefer using Gboard and I've never had any issues with the keyboard and its layout. If I did I would switch over to Swiftkey for more options. If you want to make Gboard take up less of the vertical space while in portrait mode @samsamha you can turn on the one handed keyboard option in GBoard and resize it.

Swiftkey allows you to enable the floating keyboard or you can even leave it docked and use compact mode making it easier to type while in landscape with your thumb.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,252 mod
    Very satisfied

I did not have any issues with the keyboard. I do usually use 3rd party keyboards like swiftkey and gboard and prefer customization/themes and the ability to resize the height of the keyboard.

• wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhat dissatisfied

I find keys in the middle like G are a bit of a stretch. I would like the split mode that we get in dual mode vertically that would allow customization of the white space so that typing would be faster.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Very dissatisfied

I would like to see better use of the all the empty space between the keys, and a dedicated top row num pad. It doesnt look like much was changed and cant tell of anything better than the current keyboard

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhat satisfied

I have found that the keyboard layout is pretty solid from my standpoint. The screens aren't so big that I can't reach the middle keys, and the keys are big enough that I seldom mistype. Having said that, I use Gboard on every device anyway, and found this to be equally appealing as it has more customization. TouchPal is not my favorite keyboard at all.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

When in Dual mode and the keyboard stretched across both screens I find it a little awkward to type on but l have grown used to it.

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,385 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I got used to there touchpal keyboard. Worked fine for me

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhat satisfied

Easy to get used to. I actually like it.

This discussion has been closed.