Welcome to our Beta Lab page. We currently aren't recruiting for any open beta's at this time. Please check back soon.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Axon 7 A2017U Oreo Preview Program

Comments

• kevinmcmurtriekevinmcmurtrie Silicon Valley areaPosts: 315 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@giarose77 said:
    It's lame af to screen beta testers... just take a certain amount of people.

I tried it for a while and I know why. It's not a large pool of people testing a feature-complete project for unusual problems that can only be found in the real world. It's smoke testing that should be automated - does it install, does it boot, do you have signal, can it make calls, etc. during project's development period. You're unpaid QA.

The frustrating part is that ZTE should have open-sourced the whole thing when they ran low on resources. Most of the enormous gruntwork maintaining an OS would be shared with other open-source projects. ZTE would just need to help out with chip-specific drivers. OPPO did this back when they were trying out the global market and found that their ColorOS wasn't a good fit outside of China. They created a bricking-resistant bootloader and published drivers. The world built the rest.

• jon654jon654 Dallas, TX, United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

I'd love to be a part of this

• vulcan66vulcan66 Posts: 68 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to participate. Have done beta testing in the past with Huawei.

• Atxhardrocker23Atxhardrocker23 United StatesPosts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭

No new news? I'll remember this when I goto upgrade...newest verisons is a must..at least being able to test them..maybe I'll head to the pixel 2 xl next..axon 7 is a beast... great phone..but I've been waiting for the beta from day #1 pretty much..makes me wonder how many people y'all actually have testing??...I'm very picky with phones and how I go about things..Ill remember how things are now..6 months from now when I upgrade..this new axon is on my list to get..but if we can't be a community and actually be able to test and help y'all out..I can find another brand..one that is more accepting of users who wanna help build the brand and the software..wish ZTE the best..

@westside80 said:

@Atxhardrocker23 said:
    No new news? I'll remember this when I goto upgrade...newest verisons is a must..at least being able to test them..maybe I'll head to the pixel 2 xl next..axon 7 is a beast... great phone..but I've been waiting for the beta from day #1 pretty much..makes me wonder how many people y'all actually have testing??...I'm very picky with phones and how I go about things..Ill remember how things are now..6 months from now when I upgrade..this new axon is on my list to get..but if we can't be a community and actually be able to test and help y'all out..I can find another brand..one that is more accepting of users who wanna help build the brand and the software..wish ZTE the best..

If you want fast updates and updates for 3 years, both OS and Security patches, then Pixel is the only way to go. It's sad to say because there are so many good Android phones but they don't stay up to date and pretty much out of date within 6 months and 6 months behind on security patches. I hope one day Android can solve the update situation. It probably isn't going to happen though.

Well I did move from the Nexus 6p to the axon 7 lol..guess I got spoiled..but the axon 7 still has great potential.. even for Android P if custom Developers make it that far

Anything new these days? lol

• kyngoflyonzkyngoflyonz Miami FLPosts: 183 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope

@kyngoflyonz said:
    Nope

At this point I'm just waiting on the release of 8.0 for the axon 7..it's definitely April now lol...man I'd of loved to beta test too lol...I feel I'm here for no reason..just to talk and be bored

• dh123lh1dh123lh1 United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭

Well I Entered the info I can Give, but I don't own that Device so if they pick me they will have to supply the Device, I have WIFI at home & only 1 GB a month of 3 g Data so I doubt I will be picked but Miracles Can & Often Do Happen :-)

• icerevolvericerevolver Posts: 34 ✭✭✭✭✭

@westside80 said:
    It's April! Where's Oreo? 🤔

I got tired of the lack of information so I rooted and downloaded the official room for Android 8 for the axon 7 and installed it. Should of been did that. It's really good by the way.

• kountry83kountry83 United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭✭

@icerevolver said:

@westside80 said:

I got tired of the lack of information so I rooted and downloaded the official room for Android 8 for the axon 7 and installed it. Should of been did that. It's really good by the way.

You downloaded the Chinese official Android 8 rom?

@kountry83 said:

@icerevolver said:

@westside80 said:

You downloaded the Chinese official Android 8 rom?

Yes. Found it earlier today. They have the official rom available to download on two sites. But you have to have unlocked your bootloader and root your phone in order to install the room though as usual.

Yeah I've tried it out already. Just was hoping it was the the international version OTA update going out to us lol.

@kountry83 said:

Yeah I've tried it out already. Just was hoping it was the the international version OTA update going out to us lol.

Wait, did you have the Official V3.0.0B01_2 version?

Yup and others too.

@westside80 said:

@Atxhardrocker23 said:

No. You don't have to ask every few days. You'll know when there's another round of testing by keeping a check on this thread. There may not even be another round of testing. Who knows.

Wll when I COULD have actually helped lol..just letting ZTE know..include me.> @kountry83 said:

Ya im fixing to go-to custom..xda has a few that I'd try with 8.0

@kountry83 said:

Yup and others too.

@Atxhardrocker23 said:

@westside80 said:

@Atxhardrocker23 said:

No. You don't have to ask every few days. You'll know when there's another round of testing by keeping a check on this thread. There may not even be another round of testing. Who knows.

Wll when I COULD have actually helped lol..just letting ZTE know..include me.> @kountry83 said:

Ya im fixing to go-to custom..xda has a few that I'd try with 8.0

Had to man. Plenty of features are in there including video calling. Now I don't have to use duos or messenger.

@Atxhardrocker23 said:

Do we actually know ANYONE that was actually in the beta, how do we know there was an actual beta for sure. Since the real update is rolling then beta should be over. So anyone that was actually in the beta should be able say that they were at least in the beta. Who has actually been in the beta process here?

• chuckbortchuckbort USAPosts: 452 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@icerevolver said:

@Atxhardrocker23 said:

Do we actually know ANYONE that was actually in the beta, how do we know there was an actual beta for sure. Since the real update is rolling then beta should be over. So anyone that was actually in the beta should be able say that they were at least in the beta. Who has actually been in the beta process here?

With posts like this, do you think you will ever be selected? You guys **** and complain like spoiled children. It gets so tiring reading your comments when they are nothing more than whining. If you are so unhappy here please just leave.

@chuckbort said:

@icerevolver said:

@Atxhardrocker23 said:

With posts like this, do you think you will ever be selected? You guys **** and complain like spoiled children. It gets so tiring reading your comments when they are nothing more than whining. If you are so unhappy here please just leave.

Did you read the post? The guy clearly said he has been here since day one and now the testing is over, being selected is no longer a longer a choice he created about. And i already have Oreo on my Axon 7, before it rolled out, so I don't care to take part in a beta that's over anyway. Just an FYI, anywho who speaks good about anything or anyone, Wich plenty of people here have done, also has the right to speak bad about someone or something if they feel a certain way about something. They don't have to leave sir. But if this is all you see, and don't want to see it, then you could be the one to leave. I see it as a legit question that was asked.

@icerevolver said:

@chuckbort said:

@icerevolver said:

@Atxhardrocker23 said:

Did you read the post? The guy clearly said he has been here since day one and now the testing is over, being selected is no longer a longer a choice he created about. And i already have Oreo on my Axon 7, before it rolled out, so I don't care to take part in a beta that's over anyway. Just an FYI, anywho who speaks good about anything or anyone, Wich plenty of people here have done, also has the right to speak bad about someone or something if they feel a certain way about something. They don't have to leave sir. But if this is all you see, and don't want to see it, then you could be the one to leave. I see it as a legit question that was asked.

I have been here since almost the beginning too but I understand that things take time and issues can come up. If they released a beta that isn't ready then everyone would be complaining.

What bothers me are comments like "Do we actually know ANYONE that was actually in the beta, how do we know there was an actual beta for sure." Do you think they are lieing about it? That is just asinine! That is simply complaining because you weren't picked.

Guess what, I wasn't picked either but that's life. I have seen enough from ZTE and the mods to know that they are doing their best to get the Oreo update ready.

@chuckbort said:

@icerevolver said:

@chuckbort said:

@icerevolver said:

@Atxhardrocker23 said:

I have been here since almost the beginning too but I understand that things take time and issues can come up. If they released a beta that isn't ready then everyone would be complaining.

What bothers me are comments like "Do we actually know ANYONE that was actually in the beta, how do we know there was an actual beta for sure." Do you think they are lieing about it? That is just asinine! That is simply complaining because you weren't picked.

Guess what, I wasn't picked either but that's life. I have seen enough from ZTE and the mods to know that they are doing their best to get the Oreo update ready.

I asked the question, but I have also had Oreo on my Axon 7 for a while. And I'm very content with not being in the beta, that's what custom roms are for. And it's a real question. As excited as people were, now that the beta is over, I've been around here everyday and haven't seen or heard of anyone being in a beta. Not saying that their lying, but to say that any company isn't lying is ignorant. Anything's possible. Not once did I say that they were lying, question is, who has been in the beta. No reason to give details about features, but who was in it. I haven't met a person yet out of everyone here or xda who has said that they were in it since it ended. So after that, that would lead to the question of was there a public beta. Keep in mind, there are different types. Betas can also take place in house, open source, open, closed and more.

Maybe you haven't heard from anyone because they are following the DNA. I also haven't seen anywhere it being said that the beta is over.
    When i signed up, I remember it saying that it was an early release that was being tested. They also indicated not to say anything if you are selected.
    I'm done with this conversation because I believe that I expressed my feelings. I'm thankful that ZTE is taking the time needed to be sure that everything is working. And I look forward to the official release when it is ready.

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,198 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@icerevolver said:

@chuckbort said:

@icerevolver said:

@chuckbort said:

@icerevolver said:

@Atxhardrocker23 said:

I asked the question, but I have also had Oreo on my Axon 7 for a while. And I'm very content with not being in the beta, that's what custom roms are for. And it's a real question. As excited as people were, now that the beta is over, I've been around here everyday and haven't seen or heard of anyone being in a beta. Not saying that their lying, but to say that any company isn't lying is ignorant. Anything's possible. Not once did I say that they were lying, question is, who has been in the beta. No reason to give details about features, but who was in it. I haven't met a person yet out of everyone here or xda who has said that they were in it since it ended. So after that, that would lead to the question of was there a public beta. Keep in mind, there are different types. Betas can also take place in house, open source, open, closed and more.

You're not going to hear from anyone who is or has been in the Oreo Beta. They signed an NDA and cannot say anything. I have been in a couple of ZTE betas and can tell you they are real and very professional. Everyone will have to wait until Oreo is ready. At that point it will be realeased.

@kountry83 said:

Yup and others too.

@dnewman007 said:

@icerevolver said:

@chuckbort said:

@icerevolver said:

@chuckbort said:

@icerevolver said:

@Atxhardrocker23 said:

You're not going to hear from anyone who is or has been in the Oreo Beta. They signed an NDA and cannot say anything. I have been in a couple of ZTE betas and can tell you they are real and very professional. Everyone will have to wait until Oreo is ready. At that point it will be realeased.

But now your saying right now that you took part in a past beta. Why can't anyone say that they took part in a Oreo beta since it's over? And we talking about on sites other than ZTE on top of that. What are these, Black Ops missions. But you can't blame people for thinking it didn't happen if that's the case. All I'm saying. I wasn't in the beta therefor no NDA but I have Oreo on my Axon 7, so if anyone has any questions about it, feel free to ask me.