Welcome to our Beta Lab page.


No Current Recruitment Projects


Interested in Beta Testing... Do This First!

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Axon 7 A2017U Oreo Preview Program

17891012

Comments

  • freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 314 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I would suggest you guys try out the honor view 10. It's a fantastic device and one I'm using now

  • Im__AxionIm__Axion CanadaPosts: 7 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2018 12:22AM

    So now would be a pretty good time for ZTE to say something because from the looks of it, oreo won't be getting a stable release here in NA.

  • bjhiltbrandbjhiltbrand United StatesPosts: 159 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @icerevolver said:

    @westside80 said:

    Until you hear from ZTE that the beta is officially over and the official Oreo update is rolling out then I wouldn't just assume that the beta is over. If you have been in betas before then you know that a certain date is rarely ever met. April turns into May and so on. They could've ran into a problem that takes extra time to solve. A problem they weren't expecting could've popped up. There's tons of things that can hold up a beta. Plus, once the beta is over it doesn't mean the official build will start rolling out immediately. I have participated in one of their past betas on this very device and I can assure you that there is a beta going on. They aren't going to recruit for a fake beta. What would be the point? I didn't make the cut for the Oreo beta either but it is what it is. Oreo will come to the A7. We already know that. It's just a matter of time. Could be tomorrow or could be in June. Only ZTE and those in the beta know how close they are to releasing the official update and neither of them are talking. You can't blame them though. Also, it's worth noting that ZTE never said the update would arrive in April. I'm pretty sure that came from third parties.

    No, ZTE made a post on there German forums, saying, the update will release in April 2018. I wouldn't make up something that they didn't say.

    https://www.gsmarena.com/axon_7_oreo_update_will_arrive_in_april_next_year_zte_confirms-news-28856.php

    Now if something has changed or taking longer than expected, at least say that. I've seen plenty people here wondering what's going on with the update, why not say something. Their communication is horrible. Again, no third party info, this is stated by ZTE themselves.

    They did say that there was a hiccup with one of the builds. I would think this has the potential to hold up the OTA. If only people would read, they would see that ZTE is communicating:

    @sshasan said:
    We have not yet chosen anyone for round 3 as of yet. We ran into a bit of a hiccup with one of the builds but R&D is working on pushing out a new build soon.

  • Atxhardrocker23Atxhardrocker23 United StatesPosts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Article I'm reading is saying ZTE might not be able to use Android anymore..hope they still get 8.0 done tho

  • architeuthisarchiteuthis Posts: 226 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Yeah, I read that somewhere too. Although the ban is for parts. But it'll be interesting to see how ZTE handles this.
    It's a damn shame ZTE didn't get the chance to make a successor to the A7. Amazing hardware, just lacking in the software department. Hopefully we get Oreo and that almost stock experience.
    Communication from ZTE would be great to know where existing A7 users stand

  • fuzz_33594fuzz_33594 Valrico, FL, USAPosts: 80 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Samsung and Apple must be pleased with the situation in which ZTE and Huawei find themselves. As a consumer, I'm not.

  • Atxhardrocker23Atxhardrocker23 United StatesPosts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭

    (https://us.v-cdn.net/6030075/uploads/editor/uv/79h4h3ndasnu.png "")
    This is the article I was talking about

  • 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @architeuthis said:
    Yeah, I read that somewhere too. Although the ban is for parts. But it'll be interesting to see how ZTE handles this.
    It's a damn shame ZTE didn't get the chance to make a successor to the A7. Amazing hardware, just lacking in the software department. Hopefully we get Oreo and that almost stock experience.
    Communication from ZTE would be great to know where existing A7 users stand

    Ban is apparently for software and parts

  • architeuthisarchiteuthis Posts: 226 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @14blank40 said:

    @architeuthis said:
    Yeah, I read that somewhere too. Although the ban is for parts. But it'll be interesting to see how ZTE handles this.
    It's a damn shame ZTE didn't get the chance to make a successor to the A7. Amazing hardware, just lacking in the software department. Hopefully we get Oreo and that almost stock experience.
    Communication from ZTE would be great to know where existing A7 users stand

    Ban is apparently for software and parts

    Yeah, seems that way. Wanted to keep this phone for longer... Let's hope we receive Oreo sometime

  • 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @architeuthis said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @architeuthis said:
    Yeah, I read that somewhere too. Although the ban is for parts. But it'll be interesting to see how ZTE handles this.
    It's a damn shame ZTE didn't get the chance to make a successor to the A7. Amazing hardware, just lacking in the software department. Hopefully we get Oreo and that almost stock experience.
    Communication from ZTE would be great to know where existing A7 users stand

    Ban is apparently for software and parts

    Yeah, seems that way. Wanted to keep this phone for longer... Let's hope we receive Oreo sometime

    If nothing else this phone should still be supported by the lovely people at lineage. Too bad the bootloader on this phone is still
    locked

  • architeuthisarchiteuthis Posts: 226 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @14blank40 said:

    @architeuthis said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @architeuthis said:
    Yeah, I read that somewhere too. Although the ban is for parts. But it'll be interesting to see how ZTE handles this.
    It's a damn shame ZTE didn't get the chance to make a successor to the A7. Amazing hardware, just lacking in the software department. Hopefully we get Oreo and that almost stock experience.
    Communication from ZTE would be great to know where existing A7 users stand

    Ban is apparently for software and parts

    Yeah, seems that way. Wanted to keep this phone for longer... Let's hope we receive Oreo sometime

    If nothing else this phone should still be supported by the lovely people at lineage. Too bad the bootloader on this phone is still
    locked

    You csn unlock, mine is. Was on lineage for a few months. Switched back to stock because of Oreo

  • 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @architeuthis said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @architeuthis said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @architeuthis said:
    Yeah, I read that somewhere too. Although the ban is for parts. But it'll be interesting to see how ZTE handles this.
    It's a damn shame ZTE didn't get the chance to make a successor to the A7. Amazing hardware, just lacking in the software department. Hopefully we get Oreo and that almost stock experience.
    Communication from ZTE would be great to know where existing A7 users stand

    Ban is apparently for software and parts

    Yeah, seems that way. Wanted to keep this phone for longer... Let's hope we receive Oreo sometime

    If nothing else this phone should still be supported by the lovely people at lineage. Too bad the bootloader on this phone is still
    locked

    You csn unlock, mine is. Was on lineage for a few months. Switched back to stock because of Oreo

    I've heard it's harder to unlock. The only phone I've installed lineage on was a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, after I soft bricked it and gave up on it for a little while.

  • dprossnerdprossner Posts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

    @14blank40 said:

    @architeuthis said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @architeuthis said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @architeuthis said:
    Yeah, I read that somewhere too. Although the ban is for parts. But it'll be interesting to see how ZTE handles this.
    It's a damn shame ZTE didn't get the chance to make a successor to the A7. Amazing hardware, just lacking in the software department. Hopefully we get Oreo and that almost stock experience.
    Communication from ZTE would be great to know where existing A7 users stand

    Ban is apparently for software and parts

    Yeah, seems that way. Wanted to keep this phone for longer... Let's hope we receive Oreo sometime

    If nothing else this phone should still be supported by the lovely people at lineage. Too bad the bootloader on this phone is still
    locked

    You csn unlock, mine is. Was on lineage for a few months. Switched back to stock because of Oreo

    I've heard it's harder to unlock. The only phone I've installed lineage on was a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, after I soft bricked it and gave up on it for a little while.

    I'm not sure on the policy about posts like this so pardon me if I'm out of line with the terms of this forum ( i wont include links, just google them yourself), but there is a toolkit that makes it super easy to unlock bootloader, load custom recoveries, and flash lineage and such. I used it shortly after I heard about the ban to install an unofficial yet still very nice build of lineage with 8.1 oreo, and my axon 7 was on the latest software from zte. hopefully this will cheer some of you up to know that it is quick and easy with minimal risk to your phone (don't blame me if it gets screwed up, though).

  • Atxhardrocker23Atxhardrocker23 United StatesPosts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @dprossner said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @architeuthis said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @architeuthis said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @architeuthis said:
    Yeah, I read that somewhere too. Although the ban is for parts. But it'll be interesting to see how ZTE handles this.
    It's a damn shame ZTE didn't get the chance to make a successor to the A7. Amazing hardware, just lacking in the software department. Hopefully we get Oreo and that almost stock experience.
    Communication from ZTE would be great to know where existing A7 users stand

    Ban is apparently for software and parts

    Yeah, seems that way. Wanted to keep this phone for longer... Let's hope we receive Oreo sometime

    If nothing else this phone should still be supported by the lovely people at lineage. Too bad the bootloader on this phone is still
    locked

    You csn unlock, mine is. Was on lineage for a few months. Switched back to stock because of Oreo

    I've heard it's harder to unlock. The only phone I've installed lineage on was a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, after I soft bricked it and gave up on it for a little while.


    I'm not sure on the policy about posts like this so pardon me if I'm out of line with the terms of this forum ( i wont include links, just google them yourself), but there is a toolkit that makes it super easy to unlock bootloader, load custom recoveries, and flash lineage and such. I used it shortly after I heard about the ban to install an unofficial yet still very nice build of lineage with 8.1 oreo, and my axon 7 was on the latest software from zte. hopefully this will cheer some of you up to know that it is quick and easy with minimal risk to your phone (don't blame me if it gets screwed up, though).

    If they ban Google mobile services..I wonder if current phone's will get the ban...that would suck and only leave custom for us..forget the axon 9 getting released now...yes I went custom soon as I heard about the ban too..I had no issues with ZTE..they make good phone's but they definitely need to figure out what's going on..FYI loving custom 8.0...maybe they can push the official release out before it's too late..if it isn't already..who knows..wish y'all the best tho ZTE

  • freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 314 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @freeza said:
    I would suggest you guys try out the honor view 10. It's a fantastic device and one I'm using now

    I tried one @freeza. EMUI is just not for me so I returned it but it's an excellent phone especially considering the price.

    What? The bootloader is unlockable and it supports treble with roms already out. What's there not to like? Emui is far better than mifavor.

  • Atxhardrocker23Atxhardrocker23 United StatesPosts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Meh I done unlocked bootloader and went custom...I'll stick with it too..lol least I get monthly updates with the new security patches and whatnot...I do hope ZTE overcomes this..but then again..from what I read they made the agreement and broke it...THE AXON 7 IS A GREAT PHONE..I wish ZTE had another chance..I wanted the axon 9...wish y'all the best guys..I'd be checking out xda if y'all worried about the newest updates

  • Atxhardrocker23Atxhardrocker23 United StatesPosts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @Atxhardrocker23 said:
    Meh I done unlocked bootloader and went custom...I'll stick with it too..lol least I get monthly updates with the new security patches and whatnot...I do hope ZTE overcomes this..but then again..from what I read they made the agreement and broke it...THE AXON 7 IS A GREAT PHONE..I wish ZTE had another chance..I wanted the axon 9...wish y'all the best guys..I'd be checking out xda if y'all worried about the newest updates

    Very well said @Atxhardrocker23. Did you go with Lineage or a different ROM?

    Different Rom...AEX...aosp extended...I keep reading about lineage tho..might try it out..been on this a week tho...it has given my phone new life..ZERO ISSUES everything works perfectly... Android 8.1.0 and April security patch already.. they also have a duel boot set up I can do too.. run 2 ROMs and have a choice when I turn the phone on..only thing with this Rom..I can't run encryption..that's why I might look for a different one..I use my phone for work for HUD and need the security that encryption brings..(if phone ever lost or stolen)...idk if I should post all this here..but I'm over at xda been for years.. atxhardrocker23 is my sn...need any help let me know...hey we own these phones..we have every right to unlock and goto custom..

  • Atxhardrocker23Atxhardrocker23 United StatesPosts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @Atxhardrocker23 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @Atxhardrocker23 said:
    Meh I done unlocked bootloader and went custom...I'll stick with it too..lol least I get monthly updates with the new security patches and whatnot...I do hope ZTE overcomes this..but then again..from what I read they made the agreement and broke it...THE AXON 7 IS A GREAT PHONE..I wish ZTE had another chance..I wanted the axon 9...wish y'all the best guys..I'd be checking out xda if y'all worried about the newest updates

    Very well said @Atxhardrocker23. Did you go with Lineage or a different ROM?

    Different Rom...AEX...aosp extended...I keep reading about lineage tho..might try it out..been on this a week tho...it has given my phone new life..ZERO ISSUES everything works perfectly... Android 8.1.0 and April security patch already.. they also have a duel boot set up I can do too.. run 2 ROMs and have a choice when I turn the phone on..only thing with this Rom..I can't run encryption..that's why I might look for a different one..I use my phone for work for HUD and need the security that encryption brings..(if phone ever lost or stolen)...idk if I should post all this here..but I'm over at xda been for years.. atxhardrocker23 is my sn...need any help let me know...hey we own these phones..we have every right to unlock and goto custom..

    @Atxhardrocker23 I have Lineage on my A7 and it is encrypted.

    Then I'll definitely be checking it out this weekend I'll switch over and try it...I come from the Nexus line of phones never tried lineage..we all have our preferences when it comes to custom ROMs..thanks tho.. Definitely give it a shot

  • wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Anyone else on the production Axon build notice that when checking for updates that it says the update server is not available? @sshasan do you know if this is part of all of the stuff going on with ZTE in the US so they took the server offline?

  • jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,818 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @wiseman13 said:
    Anyone else on the production Axon build notice that when checking for updates that it says the update server is not available? @sshasan do you know if this is part of all of the stuff going on with ZTE in the US so they took the server offline?

    Yeah, post about that already. Hope all is well out there and you are ready for Tornado season!

  • wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Thanks I just found the post. As for tornado season we need the weather to decide if it is spring or winter first.

Sign In or Register to comment.