Welcome to our Beta Lab page. We are currently not recruiting at this time for any new projects.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Axon 7 A2017U Oreo Preview Program

1789101113»

Comments

• troy5890troy5890 Posts: 11 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sort of wish they would release the Oreo Blobs at least

• laikexpertlaikexpert SerbiaPosts: 19 ✭✭✭✭✭

Generally speaking, Official Oreo for Axon 7 exists
    and is currently in version Oreo B12

• wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 581 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It might exist, but I believe is only in private beta. Do you have information about it being publicly available?

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@wiseman13 said:
    It might exist, but I believe is only in private beta. Do you have information about it being publicly available?

That would go against the NDA if they were in the official beta I am sure.

• RaodenAybaraRaodenAybara United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

I just applied for the beta. Are they still accepting people, or am I out of luck?

@RaodenAybara said:
    I just applied for the beta. Are they still accepting people, or am I out of luck?

They are not accepting people to my knowledge. They were going to have a next round of beta testers before all this mess with the export ban came about. So I think you are out of luck. We may not even see the final build publically released now. Everything is still up in the air.

• kidnovakidnova Posts: 435 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Don't be in too big of a rush to get Oreo. The battery life on my S8+ has gone to crap since I got it a month or two ago.

edited April 28, 2018 6:53AM

ZTE
    In two days we will enter in May 2018
    Can you tell the community
    what the truth is about the Oreo for ZTE Axon 7

@laikexpert said:
    ZTE
    In two days we will enter in May 2018
    Can you tell the community
    what the truth is about the Oreo for ZTE Axon 7

Still doubt we will here anything as I am sure the lawyers are being strict on what can be publically said about the situation. In their earnings call I read that ZTE didn't even bring up the ban, like it didn't even happen:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-28/zte-fails-to-address-u-s-sanctions-as-it-says-earnings-surged

So they are acting like nothing is going on even with their share holders....even though everyone knows this happened. Quite strange. Sure the lawyers don't want anyone to say anything right now until they can figure out what will happen.

But if they won't say anything to share holders, I doubt they will say anything to the community sadly.

Wake up ZTE,
    where's our Oreo?

@laikexpert said:
    Wake up ZTE,
    where's our Oreo?

Why do u keep asking? They aren't going to say anything about an update for a single phone right now.

• Atxhardrocker23Atxhardrocker23 United StatesPosts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sucks to see ZTE shut down..when we was ALL so close..it's time for a leak..tbh for the moment and unless something drastic changes..we won't see true Oreo for the axon 7..nor will see the axon 9...I liked this phone too they did great by it..

• fuzz_33594fuzz_33594 Valrico, FL, USAPosts: 80 ✭✭✭✭✭

ZTE RIP. Sorry. Really enjoyed the Axon 7.

• Atxhardrocker23Atxhardrocker23 United StatesPosts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well in a surprising turn of events..looks like ZTE might be back...woot woot...guess we will see..love to see the Oreo release still come lol

• yahooseriousyahooserious my private ArizonaPosts: 5 ✭✭✭✭

Past beta axon 7 Android tester. Looking through my inbox and not seeing any confirmation email regarding oreo.hit me up guys I like testing!

• rasalonrasalon IT Technical Support Team - ALS|Resolvion United StatesPosts: 147 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just curious, without giving away to much NDA information, anybody here still using a beta or prerelease version of Oreo as one of the chosen testers and if so if you can say, what beta per-release version was the last one available to download to the testers before everything happened, and when you download sed beta/RC, again without anything that will effect any NDA, did you get any indication that there will be more versions to test minus smaller bug fix releases, or that the last major Beta/RC version downloaded by the testers was supposedly supposed to be the last version before whenever ZTE was going to release the final version to everyone, and lastly (I know this is a run on multiple question LOL), just a yes or no. DID ZTE ever communicate with you Oreo official beta testers about any of what has been going on or did the testing one day just stop with no official explanation leaving test versions and bugs as they are?

Thanks for answering.

• gryphticongryphticon Quebec, CanadaPosts: 315 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You guys should check the Axon 7 Reddit. I've seen a couple testers posting info. I also personally talk with one of them. I'm not going to disclose any info here, but Reddit is a good place to get up to date info. The /r/Axon7 discord server also has testers chatting in it occasionally, although it's pretty inactive most of the time, because Axon 7 news has pretty much been limited to leaks, and not community interactions from ZTE.

• perrottzzperrottzz BrazilPosts: 2 ✭✭

Hope i get picked!