Welcome to our Beta Lab page. We currently aren't recruiting for any open beta's at this time. Please check back soon.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Axon 7 A2017U Oreo Preview Program

Comments

• beachtraxbeachtrax SoCalPosts: 24 ✭✭✭✭✭

Signed up and ready. Hope to be picked now or later.

• acatrusacatrus Posts: 323 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I given my name also!

• IdkidksIdkidks San Antonio, TexasPosts: 2 ✭✭

Signed up, hope I get in soon!

• bleonybleony Rio de JaneiroPosts: 1 ✭✭

Any news for The Axon 7 Mini?

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Time for some Milk and Oreo Cookies!!!!

• 14blank4014blank40 United StatesPosts: 389 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@flacomx said:

Greetings, you will not have news for the 7 mini :(, will arrive android 8?

So far it doesn't seem like there are any plans as I haven't seen any announcemnts, but they might annouce a few months after the oreo has been released on the Axon 7 considering that's what they did with the nougat update. Don't give up hope!

• 14blank4014blank40 United StatesPosts: 389 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Im__Axion said:
    Sweet, glad you guys are doing a beta. Hopefully Widevine L1 certification is apart of the 8.0 update, it's shame really only YouTube can play at HD, especially with the stereo speakers and 1440p display this phone has. Proper camera 2api support is another thing I'm hoping for.

I agree that both Widevine L1 and camera 2api are sorely missed software features on the Axon 7 and i hope they are implemented with the new update. Time will tell I suppose

• freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 299 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is on the front page of xda. I applied early af this morning so hopefully i get in lol

• Atxhardrocker23Atxhardrocker23 United StatesPosts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sent my app in..would love to join the beta program...I used to beta test for Google on the Nexus line of phones..please let me know thanks

• Milky1Milky1 Posts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

Wooooo bring it on Oreo :smile:

• I filled out the application, and hope to try it. Not sure if I used the right email address, haven't been on the forums in sometime.

• Done and ready to test it as a power user :)

• rasalonrasalon Atlanta, GA., USAPosts: 76 ✭✭✭✭✭

Applied if I don't get selected for the 1st round (and I hope I do, maybe the second round? Hopefully this will go smoothly and quickly so we can see Android O final on all Axon 7's soon and onto the 9 when it comes out.

• Aizen_LAizen_L OregonPosts: 1 ✭✭

I'm looking forward for Android Oreo.

• uc370uc370 AlemaniaPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

Applied.. German-English-Spanish speaker.. Pick me!

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,128 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Im__Axion said:
    Sweet, glad you guys are doing a beta. Hopefully Widevine L1 certification is apart of the 8.0 update, it's shame really only YouTube can play at HD, especially with the stereo speakers and 1440p display this phone has. Proper camera 2api support is another thing I'm hoping for.

Said everyone with an Axon 7 :smiley:

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 688 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@mparis27 said:
    I filled out the application, and hope to try it. Not sure if I used the right email address, haven't been on the forums in sometime.

If you want to double check that you used the correct email address, go to your profile and under the about section it will show you what email address is associated with your Z-Community account.

edited February 15, 2018 10:50AM

A truly sincere Good Luck to All that entered. #ZTEFamily #ZTELife #ZCommunity

• wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 548 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just as an FYI Widevine L1 requires certification before for the device is manufactured. There are quality controls to ensure the DRM will be secure from a physical construction stand point, so there is really zero chance that you will ever see Widevine L1 on the Axon 7. I believe ZTE has heard this and is making adjustments so that future devices at least have the capability to be Widevine L1 certified.

• fuzz_33594fuzz_33594 Valrico, FL, USAPosts: 80 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tested Nougat beta for the 7. Hope to do the same for Oreo Beta. Appreciate ZTE'S support for the 7; looking forward to the 9.

• chuckbortchuckbort United StatesPosts: 480 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy birthday to me! (if I'm selected :D )

• Im__AxionIm__Axion CanadaPosts: 7 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wiseman13 said:
    Just as an FYI Widevine L1 requires certification before for the device is manufactured. There are quality controls to ensure the DRM will be secure from a physical construction stand point, so there is really zero chance that you will ever see Widevine L1 on the Axon 7. I believe ZTE has heard this and is making adjustments so that future devices at least have the capability to be Widevine L1 certified.

Except that Oneplus was caught for not putting it on their devices and they fixed it with an update. What would they have done differently?

@chuckbort said:

@chuckbort Happy Birthday, I hope you have a wonderful day.

edited February 16, 2018 8:11PM

@Im__Axion said:

@wiseman13 said:

Except that Oneplus was caught for not putting it on their devices and they fixed it with an update. What would they have done differently?

I know that the Axon 7 has the hardware to be able to support Widevine L1, however I think there might be a cost difference in obtaining L1 certification as opposed to the Widevine L3 certification that the Axon 7 has. This could be why it's only L3 certified instead of L1.

• cyberdynecyberdyne United StatesPosts: 65 ✭✭✭✭✭

Times like this I wish my son hadn't dropped and broken my Axon 7...

• chuckbortchuckbort United StatesPosts: 480 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@texasmade1 said:

@chuckbort said:

@texasmade1 said:

@chuckbort said:

Thank you!

• ThatonebadusernameThatonebadusername MNPosts: 24 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wiseman13 said:

if that is the case then why is it that oneplus is reportedly updating their phone to support it.