Welcome to our Beta Lab page.


No Current Recruitment Projects


Interested in Beta Testing... Do This First!

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Axon 7 A2017U Oreo Preview Program

1356713

Comments

  • hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Thatonebadusername said:

    @wiseman13 said:
    Just as an FYI Widevine L1 requires certification before for the device is manufactured. There are quality controls to ensure the DRM will be secure from a physical construction stand point, so there is really zero chance that you will ever see Widevine L1 on the Axon 7. I believe ZTE has heard this and is making adjustments so that future devices at least have the capability to be Widevine L1 certified.

    if that is the case then why is it that oneplus is reportedly updating their phone to support it.

    Do you have a link that states they are going to be able to support it? I am looked all over the OnePlus forum and all Support states is that L3 is supported not L1. No mention of them trying to support it on any of their devices. Which leads me to believe they can't.

  • psakpsak New YorkPosts: 1 ✭✭✭

    @sshasan said:
    @acatrus Slot #1 is what we need.

    Why is the IMEI needed? thanks.

  • 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2018 4:10PM

    @hollap said:

    @Thatonebadusername said:

    @wiseman13 said:
    Just as an FYI Widevine L1 requires certification before for the device is manufactured. There are quality controls to ensure the DRM will be secure from a physical construction stand point, so there is really zero chance that you will ever see Widevine L1 on the Axon 7. I believe ZTE has heard this and is making adjustments so that future devices at least have the capability to be Widevine L1 certified.

    if that is the case then why is it that oneplus is reportedly updating their phone to support it.

    Do you have a link that states they are going to be able to support it? I am looked all over the OnePlus forum and all Support states is that L3 is supported not L1. No mention of them trying to support it on any of their devices. Which leads me to believe they can't.

    This is the closes I could find https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/12/10/oneplus-5-5t-cant-play-netflix-hd-feature-will-added-point/

    Edit: closest, not closes

  • ThatonebadusernameThatonebadusername IsraelPosts: 31 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @14blank40 said:

    @hollap said:

    @Thatonebadusername said:

    @wiseman13 said:
    Just as an FYI Widevine L1 requires certification before for the device is manufactured. There are quality controls to ensure the DRM will be secure from a physical construction stand point, so there is really zero chance that you will ever see Widevine L1 on the Axon 7. I believe ZTE has heard this and is making adjustments so that future devices at least have the capability to be Widevine L1 certified.

    if that is the case then why is it that oneplus is reportedly updating their phone to support it.

    Do you have a link that states they are going to be able to support it? I am looked all over the OnePlus forum and all Support states is that L3 is supported not L1. No mention of them trying to support it on any of their devices. Which leads me to believe they can't.

    This is the closes I could find https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/12/10/oneplus-5-5t-cant-play-netflix-hd-feature-will-added-point/

    Edit: closest, not closes

    this was what I was thinking of

  • TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2018 10:12PM

    What OnePlus says and what they do are 2 different things. I guess we will see if they can pull it off but until then nobody will know. OnePlus is one company that I don't happen to trust, but that's just my 2¢🤷‍♂️ :/
    One thing you can say about ZTE is they don't make empty promises. When they say they're going to do something they get it done.

  • 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @texasmade1 said:
    What OnePlus says and what they do are 2 different things. I guess we will see if they can pull it off but until then nobody will know. OnePlus is one company that I don't happen to trust, but that's just my 2¢🤷‍♂️ :/
    One thing you can say about ZTE is they don't make empty promises. When they say they're going to do something they get it done.

    All we can do is wait and see. If OnePlus is able to do it then I feel like ZTE really won't have an excuse as to not include it.

  • TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @14blank40 said:

    @texasmade1 said:
    What OnePlus says and what they do are 2 different things. I guess we will see if they can pull it off but until then nobody will know. OnePlus is one company that I don't happen to trust, but that's just my 2¢🤷‍♂️ :/
    One thing you can say about ZTE is they don't make empty promises. When they say they're going to do something they get it done.

    All we can do is wait and see. If OnePlus is able to do it then I feel like ZTE really won't have an excuse as to not include it.

    👌🏼

  • TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @westside80 said:

    @texasmade1 said:
    What OnePlus says and what they do are 2 different things. I guess we will see if they can pull it off but until then nobody will know. OnePlus is one company that I don't happen to trust, but that's just my 2¢🤷‍♂️ :/
    One thing you can say about ZTE is they don't make empty promises. When they say they're going to do something they get it done.

    I think OnePlus likes to test the limits. They say there's no such thing as "Bad Press." I don't trust them either. I did love the OP3 though.

    The OnePlus 3 was a very good phone, I know I definitely enjoyed the one I had.

  • hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    What surprises me is that OnePlus users, along with ZTE users for that matter, many times don't even know it's an issue. Becuase mobile phones screens are so small, it masks the issue a bit. I'm not saying they shouldn't include it, in fact I think they must. But for me not to have it hasn't been a big deal I guess. I don't care if they add it to my A7, but I sure want it moving forward.

  • ThatonebadusernameThatonebadusername IsraelPosts: 31 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @hollap said:
    What surprises me is that OnePlus users, along with ZTE users for that matter, many times don't even know it's an issue. Becuase mobile phones screens are so small, it masks the issue a bit. I'm not saying they shouldn't include it, in fact I think they must. But for me not to have it hasn't been a big deal I guess. I don't care if they add it to my A7, but I sure want it moving forward.

    That is so very true, I admittedly didn’t see it until it was pointed out to me, but now whenever I go on YouTube (which is DRM free) and watch in 1440p and then watch something on Netflix which only plays in 480p it becomes very apparent

  • XyrerXyrer ColombiaPosts: 1 ✭✭

    I used to put custom roms on every android device I've had, an official beta is gonna be no problem at all

  • 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @hollap said:
    What surprises me is that OnePlus users, along with ZTE users for that matter, many times don't even know it's an issue. Becuase mobile phones screens are so small, it masks the issue a bit. I'm not saying they shouldn't include it, in fact I think they must. But for me not to have it hasn't been a big deal I guess. I don't care if they add it to my A7, but I sure want it moving forward.

    I think it's because most people tend not to watch an entire episode of a series they like on a screen size this small, sticking mostly to things and videos off YouTube and other shorter media formats. The reason that people find it a big deal is because even if we don't use it, it is still a nice thing to have as it gives you choices. This is why I definitely think this is important to add support for it in the Axon 7 if they can and definitely add it to their other devices moving forward.

  • r2edliner2edline canadaPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

    @Aerospaceman said:
    ZTE USA invites you to apply for a spot in our Axon 7 A2017U Oreo Preview Program. If accepted you will have the opportunity to be one of the first users to test the new Oreo builds on the Axon 7 A2017U. Since these builds are in the early stages, we will be selecting our first group based on their familiarity with Android. Once stabilized, we will invite more users to this program.

    This opportunity is only open to users who have the Axon 7 A2017U and is on the current build B35. Space is limited and we will be testing in phases.

    Simply follow the link below to register. If you are selected, you will be contacted individually. We look forward to getting your feedback!

    Registration Link = https://goo.gl/forms/OGwjit0w44IrIvti1

    I've just registered. How long until I can expect to hear from someone?
    Thanks

  • 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @r2edline said:

    @Aerospaceman said:
    ZTE USA invites you to apply for a spot in our Axon 7 A2017U Oreo Preview Program. If accepted you will have the opportunity to be one of the first users to test the new Oreo builds on the Axon 7 A2017U. Since these builds are in the early stages, we will be selecting our first group based on their familiarity with Android. Once stabilized, we will invite more users to this program.

    This opportunity is only open to users who have the Axon 7 A2017U and is on the current build B35. Space is limited and we will be testing in phases.

    Simply follow the link below to register. If you are selected, you will be contacted individually. We look forward to getting your feedback!

    Registration Link = https://goo.gl/forms/OGwjit0w44IrIvti1

    I've just registered. How long until I can expect to hear from someone?
    Thanks

    This is just a guess but I'd say within a week probably

  • TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @r2edline said:

    @Aerospaceman said:
    ZTE USA invites you to apply for a spot in our Axon 7 A2017U Oreo Preview Program. If accepted you will have the opportunity to be one of the first users to test the new Oreo builds on the Axon 7 A2017U. Since these builds are in the early stages, we will be selecting our first group based on their familiarity with Android. Once stabilized, we will invite more users to this program.

    This opportunity is only open to users who have the Axon 7 A2017U and is on the current build B35. Space is limited and we will be testing in phases.

    Simply follow the link below to register. If you are selected, you will be contacted individually. We look forward to getting your feedback!

    Registration Link = https://goo.gl/forms/OGwjit0w44IrIvti1

    I've just registered. How long until I can expect to hear from someone?
    Thanks

    After the beta officially closes they will notify those who were chosen. If you were not chosen then you will not hear anything as you will only receive an email if you're chosen.

  • sl33pyksl33pyk Android Nut-Job United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Does anyone know how many people are in the beta test?? I could have swore ZTE was known for closed beta tests, what changed??

    Personally I think betas are great and an easy way for OEMs to find so called loyal customers.

  • wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 711 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2018 1:11PM

    @Thatonebadusername said:

    @wiseman13 said:
    Just as an FYI Widevine L1 requires certification before for the device is manufactured. There are quality controls to ensure the DRM will be secure from a physical construction stand point, so there is really zero chance that you will ever see Widevine L1 on the Axon 7. I believe ZTE has heard this and is making adjustments so that future devices at least have the capability to be Widevine L1 certified.

    if that is the case then why is it that oneplus is reportedly updating their phone to support it.

    There are multiple parts to the certification including having a certain number of specially trained staff on hand. Maybe 1+ had those staff, but did not pay the fees or fill out some paperwork, but if ZTE did not have them in place at manufacturing time I do not see an alternate option in the published requirements on the Widevine site. All I am saying is there may be reasons outside of cost that may prevent them from adding it even if 1+ does manage to.

  • zeek!zeek! Buffalo New YorkPosts: 46 mod

    @jyee said:
    Enjoy Oreo! Can't wait to hear your feedback on it.

    No problem @jyee I've got my tall glass of milk on standby waiting for Oreo to drop!
    B)

  • zeek!zeek! Buffalo New YorkPosts: 46 mod

    I WANT IN!! I Love me some Oreos!!
    :D

  • rpatchetrpatchet USAPosts: 1 ✭✭
    edited February 17, 2018 5:20PM

    Please add me to your beta program for Android Oreo for Axon 7 A2017U.

  • gryphticongryphticon Quebec, CanadaPosts: 315 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I need my Oreo fix :lol:

  • icerevolvericerevolver Posts: 34 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Hope I get picked also. I'm on my 4th ZTE phone in a row and love the brand so far. Looking forward to getting to test Oreo.

  • cavanaughtimcavanaughtim Wisconsin, USAPosts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I'm excited to see that Oreo will be coming to the Axon 7. I can't make the time commitment to beta test it right now, but good luck and happy testing to the rest of you!

  • jonathan3579jonathan3579 Houston, TXPosts: 427 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I see the group name has changed now. 😅

  • TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2018 7:30PM

    @jonathan3579 said:
    I see the group name has changed now. 😅

    Really, what did it change to? I'm pretty sure it's the same now as it was to begin with. It looks the same to me now as it did when it was originally posted, unless I'm missing something.. :/

Sign In or Register to comment.