Welcome to our Beta Lab page. We currently aren't recruiting for any open beta's at this time. Please check back soon.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Axon 7 A2017U Oreo Preview Program

Comments

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2018 12:28PM

Myself, I'm hoping that there are relatively few bugs to fix and that leads to the update being released sooner as opposed to a 2nd/3rd round of testing which would delay the update even longer.

April is less than a month away😁

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Who is the one who said April in the first place? Anybody know? Or better yet have a link?

@westside80 said:

@hollap said:
    Who is the one who said April in the first place? Anybody know? Or better yet have a link?

I don't have a link but I read it in a couple articles. As far as I know, no one from ZTE has said when it'll happen.

I'm not holding them to April then. Just my thought. But if it happens, I won't complain.

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2018 8:42PM

@hollap said:

I don't have an exact quote from Evan Blass or anyone of his stature, I wish I did. I was just repeating the month April I heard here from numerous other members who had heard it here or elsewhere. 😁 Who knows who? I think that rumor might've came from a European ZTE site. It's blurry at this point in the game..

We will get it, when we get..

• fuzz_33594fuzz_33594 Valrico, FL, USAPosts: 80 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • icerevolvericerevolver Posts: 34 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope not. I need Oreo on the Axon 7 in my life.

@texasmade1 said:
    Myself, I'm hoping that there are relatively few bugs to fix and that leads to the update being released sooner as opposed to a 2nd/3rd round of testing which would delay the update even longer.

April is less than a month away😁

I second that

@westside80 said:

@icerevolver said:

I hope not. I need Oreo on the Axon 7 in my life.

It's just a month away.

For a full release, or next batch of testers?

• z28camaromanz28camaroman United StatesPosts: 57 ✭✭✭✭✭

Say, did this beta's NDA (because Chinese ROM's based on Android are highly coveted pieces of information and must be kept secret) state that testers who were chosen weren't allowed to publicly disclose that they were? With the amount of comments stating they didn't get in, I'm curious who did and why.

Why is Oreo such a big deal? Anyone know what useful features it brings that Nougat doesn't have?

@hollap said:
    Why is Oreo such a big deal? Anyone know what useful features it brings that Nougat doesn't have?

Faster boot up time, higher Bluetooth audio quality support, picture in picture mode (better multitasking), cleaner/more stock Android build and theming via Substratum and Andromeda. This probably is the last OS update this phone will see so the hype is real.

I could go for Cleaner stock look and Bluetooth Metadata for sure. Nice list @z28camaroman

• gryphticongryphticon Quebec, CanadaPosts: 312 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:

For me, it's not Oreo itself but rather the new UI. I'm eager to see how it pans out.

If I'd name a Oreo feature though, it would probably be auto-fill supported by the OS itself instead of relying on some funky and buggy workaround.

@hollap said:
    I could go for Cleaner stock look and Bluetooth Metadata for sure. Nice list @z28camaroman

Thanks.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,575 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@z28camaroman said:
    Say, did this beta's NDA (because Chinese ROM's based on Android are highly coveted pieces of information and must be kept secret) state that testers who were chosen weren't allowed to publicly disclose that they were? With the amount of comments stating they didn't get in, I'm curious who did and why.

Just based on my experience with beta testing, the OEM (in this case ZTE) isn't likely to say who was selected and why, and most testers usually don't reveal being in the beta because they don't want to be bugged by others for information, or become subject to cyberbullying over jealousy from users who didn't get in, as well as other reasons.
    Many times the OEM actually will put in the NDA that testers can't reveal they are part of the beta.
    In the case of the Axon 7 Oreo beta, it's probably best to just have patience.
    If users are chomping at the bit already as to when it's going to be released, it will probably drive them crazy by the
    time it actually is released. I have personally never seen a multitiered user beta test (IE: round 1, round 2, round 3)
    that didn't take at least 2-3 months to complete. Of course there are a multitude of different betas, and they all vary,
    but just generally speaking.

• acatrusacatrus Posts: 288 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe Beta tester are not allowed to talk about it, for various reasons

• wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 543 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Usually they will be under a NDA so yeah I would not expect to hear anything from a beta tester.

@acatrus said:
    Maybe Beta tester are not allowed to talk about it, for various reasons

Maybe

@westside80 said:

@gryphticon said:

@hollap said:

For me, it's not Oreo itself but rather the new UI. I'm eager to see how it pans out.

If I'd name a Oreo feature though, it would probably be auto-fill supported by the OS itself instead of relying on some funky and buggy workaround.

Auto-fill on Oreo is freaking awesome! Picture in picture is also awesome and works with YouTube Red, YouTube in chrome if you don't have YouTube Red, Google Maps, Google Duo and Netflix so far. I use it all the time with YouTube Red. It's also pretty handy with Google Maps. Boot times are way faster.

Sounds nice

• necromniconnecromnicon Tech Extraordinaire San Diego, CAPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

If anyone that did get accepted does not already know. This info could prove very useful to you as it will alleviate the ZTE developers from having to explain it.

How to use logcat
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1726238
    ;)

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like more people will get to enjoy Oreo on their Axon 7. Great news! As always, the first rule of beta testing is no talk about beta testing:)

• freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 299 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Aerospaceman said:
    We are currently selecting our second round of testers for the Oreo preview program. Those selected should receive an invitation sometime next week. If you are selected you will be required to sign an NDA(Non Disclosure Agreement) and we ask that you do not comment if you have been selected.

I trust that your fondness for me and my very vocal presence here will earn me a respectable recommendation from you to get in on this round, @Aerospaceman. :D :D :D :D o:)

• blujbluj United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭

That is excellent news. Now I need to find a position that allows me to cross all jointed appendages until next week...

• kyngoflyonzkyngoflyonz Miami FLPosts: 183 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great news. :) B)