Welcome to our Beta Lab page.


No Current Recruitment Projects


Interested in Beta Testing... Do This First!

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Axon 7 A2017U Oreo Preview Program

1568101113

Comments

  • icerevolvericerevolver Posts: 34 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @texasmade1 said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @texasmade1 said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @Im__Axion said:

    @hollap said:

    @texasmade1 said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @caelironstaff said:
    I wish I knew whether or not camera2 api will be part of the update, but I understand that NDA is necessary in a beta so those who might know cannot say. Fingers crossed.

    Well, it's only like 2 weeks away from public release (if they're early) or 6 weeks at the latest before we know for sure

    2 weeks away from public release? Im sure that's pertaining to the rumored April release of Oreo for the Axon7. It's possible if all goes smooth.
    They are just getting the 2nd round of beta testing with invites going out sometime this upcoming week. However if round 2 goes as smooth as it seems round 1 went as they moved onto the 2nd round rather quick in my opinion, then I could see a possible late April release. Maybe right before the end of the month of April or even the first week of May would be fine for me. It's not that far away, and then oreo bliss 🤔
    I just want the latest security patch and the build to be so smooth that it makes me love ZTE's new close to stock approach/UI for unlocked flagships available in NA.

    Good luck to all on the 2 round selections, heck maybe I might even get in.. It would be a pretty cool experience.

    The April release rumors were just that...rumors. If it comes in April it comes in April. I'm not holding my breath, as B35 is bringing me some great battery life right now. I'm hoping Oreo doesn't screw that up. Great to see they are making progress though!

    I think I'm gonna have to reset my device, since the B35 update I can barely get 2 and half hours of SOT.

    Honestly I'm using greenify to keep my battery life running smoothly. If I didn't have greenify, my battery would drain too quickly because apps keep running in the background and wouldn't go into deep sleep.

    I've used Greenify on all my devices since it was in the day it became available, a great utility.

    The only real annoyance I have with it is the automated hibernation function. Since I use Nova Launcher I use the double tap to turn screen off function, but now it doesn't lock immediately because otherwise greenify won't be able to auto hibernate.

    I have the same exact problem. So instead I just use Greenify's hibernate now widget as a workaround, that's the only way I've found around it. I just hit the hibernate now widget and then after all have finished going to hibernate mode, I double tap to turn the screen off.

    I justvstarted using Greenify when I seen you guys mention is on here. Pretty good app. Very using for extending battery life.

  • TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @icerevolver said:

    @texasmade1 said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @texasmade1 said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @Im__Axion said:

    @hollap said:

    @texasmade1 said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @caelironstaff said:
    I wish I knew whether or not camera2 api will be part of the update, but I understand that NDA is necessary in a beta so those who might know cannot say. Fingers crossed.

    Well, it's only like 2 weeks away from public release (if they're early) or 6 weeks at the latest before we know for sure

    2 weeks away from public release? Im sure that's pertaining to the rumored April release of Oreo for the Axon7. It's possible if all goes smooth.
    They are just getting the 2nd round of beta testing with invites going out sometime this upcoming week. However if round 2 goes as smooth as it seems round 1 went as they moved onto the 2nd round rather quick in my opinion, then I could see a possible late April release. Maybe right before the end of the month of April or even the first week of May would be fine for me. It's not that far away, and then oreo bliss 🤔
    I just want the latest security patch and the build to be so smooth that it makes me love ZTE's new close to stock approach/UI for unlocked flagships available in NA.

    Good luck to all on the 2 round selections, heck maybe I might even get in.. It would be a pretty cool experience.

    The April release rumors were just that...rumors. If it comes in April it comes in April. I'm not holding my breath, as B35 is bringing me some great battery life right now. I'm hoping Oreo doesn't screw that up. Great to see they are making progress though!

    I think I'm gonna have to reset my device, since the B35 update I can barely get 2 and half hours of SOT.

    Honestly I'm using greenify to keep my battery life running smoothly. If I didn't have greenify, my battery would drain too quickly because apps keep running in the background and wouldn't go into deep sleep.

    I've used Greenify on all my devices since it was in the day it became available, a great utility.

    The only real annoyance I have with it is the automated hibernation function. Since I use Nova Launcher I use the double tap to turn screen off function, but now it doesn't lock immediately because otherwise greenify won't be able to auto hibernate.

    I have the same exact problem. So instead I just use Greenify's hibernate now widget as a workaround, that's the only way I've found around it. I just hit the hibernate now widget and then after all have finished going to hibernate mode, I double tap to turn the screen off.

    I justvstarted using Greenify when I seen you guys mention is on here. Pretty good app. Very using for extending battery life.

    Definitely a great battery life extender. Alllowing you to control all those apps that want to run needlessly in the background while just eating away at the battery is great.

  • freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 314 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @westside80 said:
    Have the second round of testers already been notified?

    I sure haven't been notified so i either didn't get in, or they haven't been sent lol

  • 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Well I haven't been notified either so I'm assuming I wasn't picked as well

  • yibrushnyibrushn CaliforniaPosts: 36 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @14blank40 said:
    Well I haven't been notified either so I'm assuming I wasn't picked as well

    but I want a taste of that pure android UI!!!!

  • freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 314 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @sshasan i have a pot pie with your name on it if i get picked!

  • icerevolvericerevolver Posts: 34 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @sshasan said:
    We are putting the list together for round 2 testers now.

    GLAD TO HEAR! HOOOOORAY! PLAYING TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY BY ICECUBE

  • BrianTBrianT ArkansasPosts: 4 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 14, 2018 5:23PM

    Maybe is our gift for Pi day. :smiley:

    BTW I changed the Software I'm running from what was in the survey. I'm A2017UV1.1.0B35 now.

  • dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,663 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    There is still hope everyone. Keep your fingers crossed!!

  • icerevolvericerevolver Posts: 34 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @sshasan said:
    The next batch of emails have gone out to the 2nd round of testers.

    A 3rd round will follow in the near future.

    *Remember, if you have been chosen you are under an NDA.

    Thanks for the info.

  • freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 314 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @sshasan said:
    The next batch of emails have gone out to the 2nd round of testers.
    A 3rd round will follow in the near future.
    Remember, if you have been chosen you are under an NDA

    :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

  • yibrushnyibrushn CaliforniaPosts: 36 ✭✭✭✭✭

    3rd round here I come!! :) hopefully

  • freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 314 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @yibrushn said:
    3rd round here I come!! :) hopefully

    Lol same i guess. At that point might as well just wait for final lol. @sshasan do you guys have any axon 7 enhanced members in the group? Hint hint!

  • 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @icerevolver said:

    @texasmade1 said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @texasmade1 said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @Im__Axion said:

    @hollap said:

    @texasmade1 said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @caelironstaff said:
    I wish I knew whether or not camera2 api will be part of the update, but I understand that NDA is necessary in a beta so those who might know cannot say. Fingers crossed.

    Well, it's only like 2 weeks away from public release (if they're early) or 6 weeks at the latest before we know for sure

    2 weeks away from public release? Im sure that's pertaining to the rumored April release of Oreo for the Axon7. It's possible if all goes smooth.
    They are just getting the 2nd round of beta testing with invites going out sometime this upcoming week. However if round 2 goes as smooth as it seems round 1 went as they moved onto the 2nd round rather quick in my opinion, then I could see a possible late April release. Maybe right before the end of the month of April or even the first week of May would be fine for me. It's not that far away, and then oreo bliss 🤔
    I just want the latest security patch and the build to be so smooth that it makes me love ZTE's new close to stock approach/UI for unlocked flagships available in NA.

    Good luck to all on the 2 round selections, heck maybe I might even get in.. It would be a pretty cool experience.

    The April release rumors were just that...rumors. If it comes in April it comes in April. I'm not holding my breath, as B35 is bringing me some great battery life right now. I'm hoping Oreo doesn't screw that up. Great to see they are making progress though!

    I think I'm gonna have to reset my device, since the B35 update I can barely get 2 and half hours of SOT.

    Honestly I'm using greenify to keep my battery life running smoothly. If I didn't have greenify, my battery would drain too quickly because apps keep running in the background and wouldn't go into deep sleep.

    I've used Greenify on all my devices since it was in the day it became available, a great utility.

    The only real annoyance I have with it is the automated hibernation function. Since I use Nova Launcher I use the double tap to turn screen off function, but now it doesn't lock immediately because otherwise greenify won't be able to auto hibernate.

    I have the same exact problem. So instead I just use Greenify's hibernate now widget as a workaround, that's the only way I've found around it. I just hit the hibernate now widget and then after all have finished going to hibernate mode, I double tap to turn the screen off.

    I justvstarted using Greenify when I seen you guys mention is on here. Pretty good app. Very using for extending battery life.

    It is amazing for extending battery life, although for my case if just seems like my apps just kept getting awoken due to spotty wifi or because I left them running in the background so I could have solved the problem without it (so I'm just being lazy lol).

  • TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2018 3:09AM

    @sshasan said:
    The next batch of emails have gone out to the 2nd round of testers.
    A 3rd round will follow in the near future.
    Remember, if you have been chosen you are under an NDA

    Congrats to those who made the 2nd cut, and for those of us who didn't there's always the 3rd round 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

  • freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 314 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Aerospaceman said:
    Today we added another group of people to the second round of testing. Please keep an eye out on your inbox and spam folder for an invitation. Again, if you are selected do not post about it.

    👍👍

  • dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,663 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Aerospaceman Thanks for the heads up. I for one will be watching. :smile:

  • yibrushnyibrushn CaliforniaPosts: 36 ✭✭✭✭✭

    it's the email where I'm supposed to contact a British diplomat right? ;)

  • Atxhardrocker23Atxhardrocker23 United StatesPosts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Still no beta for me :(

  • samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Atxhardrocker23 said:
    Still no beta for me :(

    Hang in there @Atxhardrocker23 , maybe you will get picked next round.

  • jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Third string isn't always a bad thing. I'll keep an eye on my email.

  • Atxhardrocker23Atxhardrocker23 United StatesPosts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2018 10:11PM

    I definitely don't mind 3ed round lol I've beta tested for other companies before..but I came from 8.0 on the neuxs 6p.. I bet it rocks on the axon 7

  • tdelpadretdelpadre United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

    I am ready and willing...

  • austin45austin45 United StatesPosts: 209 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    No invite here yet. But I am willing to help out if needed in any future rounds!

Sign In or Register to comment.