Welcome to our Beta Lab page.

No Current Recruitment Projects

Interested in Beta Testing... Do This First!

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Axon 7 A2017U Oreo Preview Program

Comments

• BrianTBrianT ArkansasPosts: 4 ✭✭✭✭

Same here, ready and willing to help.

• giarose77giarose77 Wilkes Barre PAPosts: 48 ✭✭✭

It's lame af to screen beta testers... just take a certain amount of people.

• freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 314 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@giarose77 said:
    It's lame af to screen beta testers... just take a certain amount of people.

I agree but this is a private beta, not a public one.

• sl33pyksl33pyk Android Nut-Job United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think having a closed beta has its perks and having a public also has its perks. But it sounds like ZTE does small batches with its most loyal community users to start and slowly adds on more people as more people get screened and as the beta is going forward with success.

If I'm wrong, please correct me!

• Atxhardrocker23Atxhardrocker23 United StatesPosts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd definitely help out with bug testing..and be active in the community..I'm new to the Axon 7 coming over from the Nexus phones..I'm not going anywhere..would love to test for y'all..

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sl33pyk said:
    I think having a closed beta has its perks and having a public also has its perks. But it sounds like ZTE does small batches with its most loyal community users to start and slowly adds on more people as more people get screened and as the beta is going forward with success.

If I'm wrong, please correct me!

Sounds about right to me. Pick off the low hanging fruit with a few testers and the more you add on later they will catch the smaller, but still important bugs. I think this is a great way to test with the resources ZTE has available.

• gryphticongryphticon Quebec, CanadaPosts: 315 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I consider myself pretty active here but I haven't been selected despite my experience beta testing. At this point I lost all hope of beta testing Oreo and will be waiting for the release. I'm definitely not going to spend all my time here posting thousands of posts just to get accepted to a beta which is also a favor that we do to them.

• icerevolvericerevolver Posts: 34 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here, probably not as active as you are but I have also given up hope on the beta and now just look forward to the full release. Already I know I will get that when it comes.

@gryphticon said:
    I consider myself pretty active here but I haven't been selected despite my experience beta testing. At this point I lost all hope of beta testing Oreo and will be waiting for the release. I'm definitely not going to spend all my time here posting thousands of posts just to get accepted to a beta which is also a favor that we do to them.

Same here, probably not as active as you are but I have also given up hope on the beta and now just look forward to the full release. Already I know I will get that when it comes.

Well lol I'll still be waiting.. Android 8.0 rocks..I've stayed from going to custom firmware just because zte was beta testing

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,663 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would have liked to beta test the new Oreo software as well. I can't wait to see the new software, and see how it works on my A7. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

• Im__AxionIm__Axion CanadaPosts: 7 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone think there's a chance the Axon 7 gets ARCore support with the 8.0 update?

• fuzz_33594fuzz_33594 Valrico, FL, USAPosts: 80 ✭✭✭✭✭

The silence is deafening.

@fuzz_33594 said:
    The silence is deafening.

Agreed lol

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2018 4:57PM

🤫 .... When all is quiet for too long... times like this make me anxious 🤔

Seriously. Bring on round 3!

@sshasan said:
    We have not yet chosen anyone for round 3 as of yet. We ran into a bit of a hiccup with one of the builds but R&D is working on pushing out a new build soon.

That's good to hear.

@sshasan said:
    We have not yet chosen anyone for round 3 as of yet. We ran into a bit of a hiccup with one of the builds but R&D is working on pushing out a new build soon.

Thanks for the update! Hopefully round 3 can begin soon

• chuckbortchuckbort Chuck United StatesPosts: 608 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sshasan said:

Thanks for the update!

Definitely ready for round 3

• koftheworldkoftheworld USAPosts: 1 ✭✭✭

@sshasan said:

Any chance that round 3 may be a public beta? I'd love to get those Oreo bits!

Thanks for inviting me to round 2 1/2!

@chuckbort said:

Pretty sure you're supposed to keep that under wraps....

@freeza said:

@chuckbort said:

I'm pretty sure that there is no such thing. I was just having a little fun. B)

@chuckbort said:

@freeza said:

@chuckbort said:

Oh hahahaha i was about to get heated that there was another round and i wasn't in it!

@freeza said:

@chuckbort said:

@freeza said:

@chuckbort said:

Oh hahahaha i was about to get heated that there was another round and i wasn't in it!

Lol same haha is what it is tho I'd still love a chance to be in the next round

Any new news?