ZTE Quartz Mods - What Mods have you made to your ZTE Quartz Watch?? Show them off!!

coldheat06coldheat06 Fort Worth, TexasPosts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I really enjoy my ZTE Quartz Watch but want to start jazzing it up a little........ Has any one made any Mods to your ZTE Quartz watch besides just changing the band?

List your mods and tell me what they do.... Both Software and Hardware Mods

Comments

• razor512razor512 New YorkPosts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Other than changing the bands, I enabled the developers menu (same process as in an android smartphone), and then reduced the animation durations, this makes the watch massively more responsive.

I then enabled the enabled ADB debugging, and debugging over Bluetooth. https://www.theandroidsoul.com/enable-adb-debugging-via-bluetooth-android-wear-watch/

This allowed me to then adjust the display scaling, thus allowing for notifications to fit more content on the screen.

Adjusting the display scaling, does not impact the size of a watch face, so everything just works out smoothly.

• jasonejasone TennesseePosts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I changed the vibration to double in the settings so it's easier to tell when I get a notification. I also customized the button like I explained in this post so that I can toggle sunlight mode when outside and still access Assistant. Then I use the DND sync app so when I toggle DND on the watch it puts my phone in DND as well. Two features that AW used to have but were removed and was a big mistake in my opinion.

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't done much hardware mod except swap the band on the watch to a leather one.

As for the software, I also changed to the double vibration. I used to adjust and customize the watch faces but after doing multiple factory reset, I now just leave the watch in more or less stock look. I wish google would provide us a way to do a complete restore after a reset so that the watch will install apps/watch faces and along with previous settings.

• saeedtedsaeedted DallasPosts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have a mod that allows me to put the watch in battery saver mode automatically?

@saeedted said:
    Does anyone have a mod that allows me to put the watch in battery saver mode automatically?

I believe this feature is coming to Android Wear as standard feature when Oreo hits the watch. The Quartz is on Google's list to get Oreo, so hopefully we will soon see it on our watch.

Mine goes into battery saver automatically at 15%. When do you want to put it into battery saver @saeedted and why?

@jasone said:
    Mine goes into battery saver automatically at 15%. When do you want to put it into battery saver @saeedted and why?

Around 25-30% If my battery gets that low that usually means I am out late at night and then my battery anxiety gets really bad.

@saeedted said:

@jasone said:

Around 25-30% If my battery gets that low that usually means I am out late at night and then my battery anxiety gets really bad.

that just meant that you are way pass your bedtime and it's time to go home Cinderella:), it's how Google reminds you to go home soon before the spell expires:). Joking. If I know I am going to be away for a few hours without a charger, I remind my self to plug in the charger for at least 20-30 min ahead of time. The Quartz charges rather quickly and in about 10-15 min in the charger, you should get enough juice to last you the night. If not, maybe disable LTE connectivity and just rely on the BT for notification, turn off always on display, and dial the screen brightness to 1 just to save power. I think we may have to wait until Oreo hit our watch to have more control.

Yup, I was gonna suggest everything @samsamha said as well as turning off Wifi to try to conserve the battery. Although it's not as good as having your watch automatically do that for you.

If you search I believe there are some Tasker type apps or even Tasker itself for Android Wear that might be able to do some of this for you. I've never used it but I've seen that those apps exist so I'm not sure if it can automatically do those actions for you but it's worth looking into @saeedted.

I usually take the proactive steps and put my watch on airplane mode. @samsamha makes a good point abt the watch charging quickly, for the time being, I should capitalise on that and get a second charging cradle. Hopefully, customer service has one to sell.

• driley6383driley6383 United StatesPosts: 7 ✭✭✭

How do you get it to make a sound when each hour hits? It has a setting for vibration but no sound.

@driley6383 said:
    How do you get it to make a sound when each hour hits? It has a setting for vibration but no sound.

I have never thought of having the watch gives me hourly notification.:). Though I did some googling and seems like you may be able to do it with an app called Smart Wear notification (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartwear.swn.smartwearnotification&hl=en_US). Give it a try to see if you can customize it.