Home button, list of apps, and notification list not showing

aegacyaegacy Las Vegas, NV USAPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭

Hello, 1st timer here, been very frustrated with my Axon 7 (ZTE A2017U) recently, the home key stopped working and so is the recent apps. Also just noticed that my notification pull down list is always showing No notifications even when I get notifications. Any solutions would be appreciated!

also all of my updates in google app store is on pending, and I cannot download any new apps. Thanks!

• Kelvin

Best Answer

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,755 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Never seen this issue before, but with so many issues it sounds like you need to factory reset the device. If that doesn't cure the issues, then you'll need to send it to zte for repair under warranty.
    You can try clearing the app cache in settings, and booting to the recovery menu and deleting the cache partition before doing a reset, but it's doubtful that will cure the issues.

Answers

• aegacyaegacy Las Vegas, NV USAPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭

@DoppelgangerD said:
    Never seen this issue before, but with so many issues it sounds like you need to factory reset the device. If that doesn't cure the issues, then you'll need to send it to zte for repair under warranty.
    You can try clearing the app cache in settings, and booting to the recovery menu and deleting the cache partition before doing a reset, but it's doubtful that will cure the issues.

Thanks for the fast reply Doppel, I've cleared both app cache and cache partition and it did not help. Next thing I'll try is probably the Factory Reset. But really leaving that as my final option, still hoping to see if anyone can help me.

prior to this issue I was getting random restarts on my device, it was annoying but tolerable.. then this starts happening like a couple days ago. Been trying all kinda fixes I can search up on google but non of it seems to work.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2018 8:05PM

@aegacy said:

@DoppelgangerD said:

Thanks for the fast reply Doppel, I've cleared both app cache and cache partition and it did not help. Next thing I'll try is probably the Factory Reset. But really leaving that as my final option, still hoping to see if anyone can help me.

Yeah the first thing that comes to mind was that your capacitive buttons may have a hardware failure issue, and the only fix for that is a manual repair. However with the other issues added to it, it seems more like something is corrupted in the software, and the reset may fix that issue.

Another reason could be a rogue or misbehaving app that you installed, but not likely unless you installed it from somewhere other than the Google Play Store.

Yet another possibility could be if you rooted the device and/or tried to install some type of 3rd party ROM on it, or tried altering the software somehow.

As for the factory reset option, if you do try that and it doesn't fix it, then you could also try downloading the latest available update from ZTE and reinstalling the full ROM manually.
    Even if it is the same version or an older version, this may help fix your issue IF your issue is a corrupted ROM.

@DoppelgangerD said:

@aegacy said:

@DoppelgangerD said:

Yeah the first thing that comes to mind was that your capacitive buttons may have a hardware failure issue, and the only fix for that is a manual repair. However with the other issues added to it, it seems more like something is corrupted in the software, and the reset may fix that issue.

Another reason could be a rogue or misbehaving app that you installed, but not likely unless you installed it from somewhere other than the Google Play Store.

Yet another possibility could be if you rooted the device and/or tried to install some type of 3rd party ROM on it, or tried altering the software somehow.

As for the factory reset option, if you do try that and it doesn't fix it, then you could also try downloading the latest available update from ZTE and reinstalling the full ROM manually.
    Even if it is the same version or an older version, this may help fix your issue IF your issue is a corrupted ROM.

Thanks again for the quick response. I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware issue, I switched between the left and right screen key of back/recent apps back and forth and only back key seems to work. My phone was not rooted because I didn't wanna brick it since I didn't really understand the whole process. Thanks again Dopp

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United States Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@aegacy
    Glad you got it back to normal, you mind me asking which Software version at the moment?

my Build # s B35, it retained it after the factory reset

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United States Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@aegacy said:
    my Build # s B35, it retained it after the factory reset

Thanks , I was thinking if you were on different update... 🖖

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,593 mod

@aegacy Glad to hear the factory reset fixed your issues. Should you have any further questions definitely let us know. :) I love happy endings