Axon 7 mini software update to 7.0.1

SDPSDP United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭
edited February 27, 2018 8:40PM in Axon

Why wont my Axon 7 mini update to android 7? When I hit update it just comes back and says the software is up to date. I was told to try putting it in 'safe mode' but not sure how to do that either.

Comments

• resa70resa70 Posts: 2 ✭✭

are you sure that there is a update?
    I check it with Facebook apk there was nothing.

• cf07cf07 CanadaPosts: 148 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is yours US/Canada mini7 or China version, EU version?

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sdp what build version are you currently running?

• SDPSDP United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭

I have two 7 minis..one silver, one gold. The silver one Build Number ZTE B2017G_USA V1.2.0 B14 updated to 7.1.1 with no problem. The gold one Build number ZTE B2017 G V1.0.0 B12 does not update, just says the software is up to date. I don't know whether the gold one is US, Canada or China version. How can I tell? I see that the silver one actually has USA in the build number and the gold one doesn't. I also have a silver 7 mini that is a Canadian version and there is a noticeable difference in the look of the software. I have been told that the Canadian version doesn't get updates as early as the USA version.

• cf07cf07 CanadaPosts: 148 ✭✭✭✭✭

On the back of phone the label print should tell you the hw version..it might tell you either China or North American.

Mine is Canada with dual sim.
    Are yours dual sim or single? You git it from ?

You might have to uodate it by sd card. If it is not USA

@SDP said:
    I have two 7 minis..one silver, one gold. The silver one Build Number ZTE B2017G_USA V1.2.0 B14 updated to 7.1.1 with no problem. The gold one Build number ZTE B2017 G V1.0.0 B12 does not update, just says the software is up to date. I don't know whether the gold one is US, Canada or China version. How can I tell? I see that the silver one actually has USA in the build number and the gold one doesn't. I also have a silver 7 mini that is a Canadian version and there is a noticeable difference in the look of the software. I have been told that the Canadian version doesn't get updates as early as the USA version.

If the device that is not updating is from Bell Canada you will not be able to update. All hardware models for all Axon 7 Minis are 2017G so there is no way to tell that way. Please check which Languages are available on each device and post back here. That may help. Thanks!

• SDPSDP United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭

The silver 7 mini that is updated, 7.1.1, only has 5 languages available. The gold 7 mini, that does not update, has 54 languages available. All three 7 minis I have are dual sim card capable. The label on the back of the gold non-updated one does not say anything about hw version. The silver one, that is updated, does not have any label on the back of the phone. So I am still not sure what country the gold one was made for or why it won't update. The one 7 mini I have, that I know is a Canadian one I was told by ZTE that it won't update like the USA one will. I understand that and I'm ok with that. But the difference between the other silver one and the gold one is what has me stumped. The silver one that I know is a Canadian one only has 4 languages available.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@SDP said:
    The silver 7 mini that is updated, 7.1.1, only has 5 languages available. The gold 7 mini, that does not update, has 54 languages available. All three 7 minis I have are dual sim card capable. The label on the back of the gold non-updated one does not say anything about hw version. The silver one, that is updated, does not have any label on the back of the phone. So I am still not sure what country the gold one was made for or why it won't update. The one 7 mini I have, that I know is a Canadian one I was told by ZTE that it won't update like the USA one will. I understand that and I'm ok with that. But the difference between the other silver one and the gold one is what has me stumped. The silver one that I know is a Canadian one only has 4 languages available.

@SDP go to the settings and scroll to the bottom and select "about phone" and check the build number on each phone.

He already posted those above: The silver one Build Number ZTE B2017G_USA V1.2.0 B14 updated to 7.1.1 with no problem. The gold one Build number ZTE B2017 G V1.0.0 B12 does not update, just says the software is up to date

The one with the 54 languages does not sound like it has US software. My US mini has 5 languages and shows the USA version of software as you have above. It sounds as though the B12 version you show above is a European model. @sshasan is there a way to verify this?