Is there a stylus with palm rejection and pressure sensitivity, that I can use with Axon 7?

tincotinco Posts: 14 ✭✭✭

The title describes it all... I have searched all over google, amazon, review sites, etc to find a stylus, that is compatible with Axon 7.

However, most of the sites mention mainly apple and samsung devices as those compatible. Or they mention any device, but then it is questionable if the stylus really has palm rejection and pressure sensitivity.

So I ask you in the community - has anyone seen a stylus, that would have these features and work with Axon 7?

Answers

• smh032395smh032395 Posts: 268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The only stylus that works with the axon 7 would be the ones that have like the rubber tip at the end of that you touch the screen with. The reason why those work is because the friction I believe it's like touching it with your finger. Those are the only ones that work Saturday as far as I know because the axon 7 doesn't have like the actual stylus support like the note series or the Stylo or certain LG's. If I'm wrong and anybody else would like to chime in please don't hesitate but from my experience the axon 7 is not truly stylus supported.

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

any capacitative stylus should work on Axon 7. It is not going to be the most ideal since most of these dedicated stylus supported device such as note or surface pro, ipad pro, etc has dedicated hardware inside for better pressure sensitivity (the software is also tuned for better palm rejection as well).

Without the dedicated hardware and software support, you would have basically the same experience on Axon as with any other phone with any capacitative stylus. The pressure sensitivity typically is not going to be great for a capacitative stylus and the palm rejection typically does not work well. So you typically has to write without touching the screen. There are a few stylus that has finer tip or interchangeable tip that offers you a better experience such as this one or this one. Wacom also has a few finer tip stylus for tablet and phones that maybe an option as well. I have not used any of them personally but you can check into reviews to see what user's feedbacks.

• tincotinco Posts: 14 ✭✭✭

This is what I was asking. Because specific styluses, like some wacom ones are connected through bluetooth and then the input from the stylus is writing and not your hand, that is resting on half of the phone. So thanks for answering, I was already dreading, that the phone doesn't support anything... I don't count styluses, that are basic (even with a hard tip), that don't connect to the phone, because they don't have any palm rejection or pressure sensitivity control.

I think my next phone will need to be one, that fully supports both of these.

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@tinco said:
    This is what I was asking. Because specific styluses, like some wacom ones are connected through bluetooth and then the input from the stylus is writing and not your hand, that is resting on half of the phone. So thanks for answering, I was already dreading, that the phone doesn't support anything... I don't count styluses, that are basic (even with a hard tip), that don't connect to the phone, because they don't have any palm rejection or pressure sensitivity control.

I think my next phone will need to be one, that fully supports both of these.

I think you are referring to the Bamboo Stylus Fineline. Looks to me that stylus only works on IOS devices and not on android devices. I don't see any of the wacom stylus with BT support works on Android device (or only work with Samsungs Note). Currently, if you really need a phone with pressure sensitivity support and a good palm rejection, the Note is the only one on the market.

I don't know how much use you would have out of the stylus on your phone but I can tell you from my personal experience of having used note, the stylus is useful when it is there and I like it a lot. Though, there are some limitations due to the size of the screen on a phone. Depending on your need, you could potentially also consider going with a tablet that has proper stylus support or many of the windows laptop/tablet that has native stylus support instead of going with Note.

• tincotinco Posts: 14 ✭✭✭

Samsamha - you have a point there about the tablet. I will think about it. Since I really like my Axon 7, it's just the stylus features I'm missing...