Blade Z Max Update Now Available (B20)

sshasansshasan Z-Community ModeratorNew YorkPosts: 3,409 admin
edited March 5, 2018 9:59PM in Blade Z MAX

If you own a Blade Z Max, we have great news!

A new update (B20) is now available for your device.

B20 Release Notes:
1.) Battery life improvements
2.) Improvements to VoLTE
3.) Google Security Patch February 5, 2018
4.) KRACK / Blueborne Vulnerabilities Patched
5.) Other bug fixes

This update will be pushed out in waves and will be completed by March 19, 2018

«1

Comments

  • samsamhasamsamha Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Got it on my device, kudos to see ZTE is pushing the security updates faster now. It's a great indicator that ZTE is listening to its customers.

  • TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Just another sign that #ZTE is listening 🙉👂P.S. The ear emojis are awful..

  • hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I have to say, so far using B20 on the Blade Z Max is a night and day difference. My battery life is through the roof and memory management is improved quite a bit as well. So far, Kudos to ZTE for a great update! Hoping it stays like this!

  • chuckbortchuckbort USAPosts: 452 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Is my phone waterproof now?

  • HouseCtHouseCt New Haven ConnecticutPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

    How do I get it I'm still B14 and went to system update and it
    Says August 1st still.

  • samsamhasamsamha Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @HouseCt said:
    How do I get it I'm still B14 and went to system update and it
    Says August 1st still.

    hi, @HouseCt , since this is a staged rolled out, it may take a bit time to hit your device. You could try to clear the cache and do a manual check to see if possibly you can trigger the update.

  • angelpangelp United StatesPosts: 18 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @samsamha said:

    @HouseCt said:
    How do I get it I'm still B14 and went to system update and it
    Says August 1st still.

    hi, @HouseCt , since this is a staged rolled out, it may take a bit time to hit your device. You could try to clear the cache and do a manual check to see if possibly you can trigger the update.

    How do I do that?

  • samsamhasamsamha Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @angelp said:

    @samsamha said:

    @HouseCt said:
    How do I get it I'm still B14 and went to system update and it
    Says August 1st still.

    hi, @HouseCt , since this is a staged rolled out, it may take a bit time to hit your device. You could try to clear the cache and do a manual check to see if possibly you can trigger the update.

    How do I do that?

    Open setting-->Storage-->Cached data.

    Sometimes it is recommended to do it under the recovery where you would need to
    1-power down the phone.
    2-hold the voume up and power button together. When the phone boots up, release the power button but continue holding onto the volume up.
    3-use volume up and down and navigate to wipe cache partition (make sure you double check this becuase if you choose the wrong option, it will wipe and reset the phone).
    4-press power button.
    5-reboot.

    no guarantee that clear cache will get the update to you as mentioned that if it is stage rollout, you may just have to wait a little bit:)

  • Shortis_PhotoShortis_Photo 94102 Posts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

    Great News on the update. My question is what is the operating system, and what does it look like in comparison to the Oreo 8.1?

  • I still haven't received the B20 update. I'm still on Aog 2017 security patch. How long does it take to roll out?

  • BlackBearBlackBear Sacramento, CaliPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

    Can I get a link to Download this update.. Anyone have the Lineage OS update link or a link to a direct download ??

  • SeanAsks2537SeanAsks2537 GaPosts: 2 ✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2018 5:05PM
  • SeanAsks2537SeanAsks2537 GaPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

    Uhm why won't my ZTE Blade zmax z982 update to Android Oreo or Android 8.0

  • hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2018 6:07PM

    @SeanAsks2537 said:
    Uhm why won't my ZTE Blade zmax z982 update to Android Oreo or Android 8.0

    Because Oreo has not been released for the Blade Z Max.

  • hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @BlackBear said:
    Can I get a link to Download this update.. Anyone have the Lineage OS update link or a link to a direct download ??

    The fine folks over at ZDA would be better suited to assist you with Lineage for any device.

  • hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @WandaWoman216 said:
    I still haven't received the B20 update. I'm still on Aog 2017 security patch. How long does it take to roll out?

    When you attempt to manually update by going to settings->software update->check for updates, what happens?

  • BlackBearBlackBear Sacramento, CaliPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

    I'm running Android 6.0 still this is ridiculous I need some kind of update something nougat Oreo doesn't matter I want an update or I'm going to pull my hair out

  • hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @BlackBear said:
    I'm running Android 6.0 still this is ridiculous I need some kind of update something nougat Oreo doesn't matter I want an update or I'm going to pull my hair out

    @BlackBear this update was for the Blade Z Max, which I don't think ever had Android 6.0. What device do you have? Also, why must you have an update so bad?

  • RatchetkillaRatchetkilla United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

    Only issue I've found so far is when charging it says to use supplied charger and cord on the lock screen and seems to take longer to charge more also.

  • AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Moderator Posts: 1,214 admin

    The Original Post has been updated to reflect the fact that 100% rollout of this update will be done by March 19th 2018. This is a carrier rollout and the time frame is up to them. If you have not received the update yet please hang tight. Thanks!

  • dig81dig81 United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

    Still no unlocked bootloader, still no switching apps without the original app being killed off prematurely.... Keep trying. Love the phone otherwise but honestly probably going back to Asus.

  • hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @dig81 said:
    Still no unlocked bootloader, still no switching apps without the original app being killed off prematurely.... Keep trying. Love the phone otherwise but honestly probably going back to Asus.

    It's up to the carrier to allow you to unlock the bootloader. As far as switching between apps, I find it much improved over the last build. Not 100% clean every time but much better.

  • dig81dig81 United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

    @hollap said:

    @dig81 said:
    Still no unlocked bootloader, still no switching apps without the original app being killed off prematurely.... Keep trying. Love the phone otherwise but honestly probably going back to Asus.

    It's up to the carrier to allow you to unlock the bootloader. As far as switching between apps, I find it much improved over the last build. Not 100% clean every time but much better.

    I get what you are saying but I am not referring to sim or network unlock(which allows you to switch carriers), I am referring to bootloader unlock, which allows you to install custom roms, root, etc. That is 100% on ZTE in this case. There are 100s(if not 1000s) of posts about this on other websites.

  • hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @dig81 said:

    @hollap said:

    @dig81 said:
    Still no unlocked bootloader, still no switching apps without the original app being killed off prematurely.... Keep trying. Love the phone otherwise but honestly probably going back to Asus.

    It's up to the carrier to allow you to unlock the bootloader. As far as switching between apps, I find it much improved over the last build. Not 100% clean every time but much better.

    I get what you are saying but I am not referring to sim or network unlock(which allows you to switch carriers), I am referring to bootloader unlock, which allows you to install custom roms, root, etc. That is 100% on ZTE in this case. There are 100s(if not 1000s) of posts about this on other websites.

    Well my opinion is it's up to the carrier 100% to allow ZTE to do it. If I were a carrier I wouldn't allow it becuase then my bloatware would be able to be uninstalled. We aren't privy to the contracts that OEMs and Carriers have in lace so I could go either way.

  • Phoneaddict76Phoneaddict76 United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

    @texasmade1 said:
    Just another sign that #ZTE is listening 🙉👂P.S. The ear emojis are awful..

    I know right ... I think the ears should move lol.
    I wanted to know if there was a chance for rooting cause man I need root .

  • Phoneaddict76Phoneaddict76 United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

    @chuckbort said:
    Is my phone waterproof now?

    I think so Mr.Chuck and press the power button twice for gogo gadjet arms.

  • cjbrown_lvcjbrown_lv Las VegasPosts: 13 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I just got this Software Update downloaded yesterday (March 5, 2018) and I'm with MetroPCS (T-Mobile) here in Las Vegas !

  • coldheat06coldheat06 Fort Worth, TexasPosts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Yep the B20 Build is really good!!!

  • jcampos88jcampos88 United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

    Guys, is already March 10 and I haven't received the B20 update yet.

    What could be wrong? My sister and my dad have the same phone and we are in the same family plan with Metropcs and they already received the update. How come my phone is no getting the update? I called ZTE and they told me that the update goes by IMEI number and I just have to wait.

    Is there any way to manually update my phone? Another user suggested me to hard reset my phone but I personally want to avoid this.

  • jcampos88jcampos88 United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

    @HouseCt said:
    How do I get it I'm still B14 and went to system update and it
    Says August 1st still.

    Did you get the update yet? My phone is not getting the update.

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.