Blade Z Max Update Now Available (B20)

Comments

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 3,590 admin

As stated in the original post... this update is pushed out in waves and will be completed by March 19.

• Blkkat13Blkkat13 UsaPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

It's strange cuz my ZYT and LG Stylo 2 plus are both METRO pcs & Got a update on LG but still waiting for ZYT😔

• Blkkat13Blkkat13 UsaPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks :) After reading your post helped reinsure that I didn't get left out...lol

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,694 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jcampos88 said:
    Guys, is already March 10 and I haven't received the B20 update yet.

What could be wrong? My sister and my dad have the same phone and we are in the same family plan with Metropcs and they already received the update. How come my phone is no getting the update? I called ZTE and they told me that the update goes by IMEI number and I just have to wait.

Is there any way to manually update my phone? Another user suggested me to hard reset my phone but I personally want to avoid this.

You could always try to change the date on your device to something in the future...... I would suggest about a week out.

• UtahFunkDeejayUtahFunkDeejay United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

After a full week of many, many hours of trying to fix issues with my cell...that update I am sure would have helped me tremendously! I still have not yet as well. The "being pushed out in waves" thing is no good if you aren't one of the early receivers of it.

• laecianlaecian TexasPosts: 16 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2018 4:40AM

@jcampos88

@UtahFunkDeejay said:
    After a full week of many, many hours of trying to fix issues with my cell...that update I am sure would have helped me tremendously! I still have not yet as well. The "being pushed out in waves" thing is no good if you aren't one of the early receivers of it.

If the update doesn't want to appear try clearing the data and force stopping "Google service framework". When you open apps hit the three dots then show system.

If that doesn't work you can try to clear the cache in Recovery Mode. Long press the power and click reset, immediately, after the screen is black and before the ZTE logo, press the volume up button and hold it firmly without letting go. Click the volume buttons to scroll and select "Clear cache partition" and then "Yes".

If that doesn't work them Google is blocking the update with it's shoddy framework and network updating. To fix this "block" you have to remove your Google account from the phone in the "Accounts" option in the settings. Click on the account and then the three dots, then click remove. If it won't let you, remove your lockscreen pin/password/pattern and then retry.

I only had success with receiving the update after removing my Google account. I installed the update and then added my account back on. Google ruined the update process this time around.

• RoverRover DallasPosts: 82 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2018 9:43PM

I got my B20 today. Metro PCS DFW.

IF you had previously filtered, or completely turned off all alerts, you'll need to go back in and re-select what you want turned off, because, with the B20 upgrade, the Alerts are set back to the default of all alerts on.

To change Alerts, tap your Messaging Icon (Green square with white smiley face) at the bottom of the phone display.

Tap the three dots at the top right.

Tap Settings.

Tap "Wireless Emergency Alerts"

Tap "Receive Emergency Alerts"

Deselect the Alerts you do not want to receive.

Your Options are:

Extreme Imminent Threat Alerts

Severe Imminent Threat Alerts

AMBER Alerts

• HouseCtHouseCt New Haven ConnecticutPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

@jcampos88 said:

@HouseCt said:
    How do I get it I'm still B14 and went to system update and it
    Says August 1st still.

Did you get the update yet? My phone is not getting the update.

Nope not yet

• StoneStone USAPosts: 3 ✭✭

Yes but the ' bugs' in this post are not explained. What "BUGS" were getting fixed? Current issues with this phone are.

1. Bluetooth can not stay on, it disconnects on it's own. I'd rather have the option to turn it off or on as I see fit. Having to go through resetting that feature each time your phone is not 'available' when you get in your car is time consuming.
    2. Rotating multiple pictures at once. I take 20 pics and the phone somehow turns them all to the right or left ON ITS OWN and I am not sure why. Instead of a 'multi select' option to where I can select them all and turn them to the left or right with a click of the feature I have to go and do it INDIVIDUALLY for each picture. I take a lot of photos and its just too time consuming.
    3. The screen blackout issue. Is ZTE taking care of the screen just randomly blacking out when Instagram is used? It also blacks out randomly on its own using apps. Yet happens the most with Instagram. You pull up Instagram and the screen will at times black out and then your phone will FREEZE up. I have already spoken or 'chatted' with customer service and they have no answer or confirmation of 'bug fix'.

If you have information that 'bugs' were taken care of then which ones??

• mbroman12mbroman12 Posts: 7 ✭✭✭

If I unlocked the phone and switched to Tmobile I will not get the updates I was told by ZTE. When I bought the phone I was told it takes 90 days to be able to unlock it. I did the time and unlocked it only to find out that I cannot update due to it being unavailable on carriers other than MetroPcs. What a scam!!!!!

@jcampos88 said:

@HouseCt said:
    How do I get it I'm still B14 and went to system update and it
    Says August 1st still.

Did you get the update yet? My phone is not getting the update.

@jcampos88 the update is being pushed out in waves..... but it should be all pushed out by "March 19th"

still no update, as of 17th PM.....

• jayjayjayjayjayjay United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

Metro PCS service. Updated phone this morning. Touchscreen doesn't work. Help.

@jayjayjay said:
    Metro PCS service. Updated phone this morning. Touchscreen doesn't work. Help.

@jayjayjay Do you mind starting a new thread with your issue so that we can ensure that it is resolved.

The update should not of caused your device touch screen to stop working, have you tired to wipe your device cache to see if that would help correct the issue?

• BlackBearBlackBear Sacramento, CaliPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

Have you used 6.0 ? It's ratchet compared to the newer UI's.. that said, it's time my Blade zMax v8 pro got an up date.. even nugat would be helpful. I found a copy of the nugat update but dont have a laptop to root, and the alternative apps king, kango.. and others have all failed to make Any progress

no update yet....

• BladeUserBladeUser United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

Finally the update.but what exactly?

@mbroman12 said:
    no update yet....

Did you receive the update yet?

@BladeUser said:
    Finally the update.but what exactly?

What do you mean? Are you wondering what changes the update includes? Or do you have a question about something?

• niameyniamey United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

I just got my ZTE Blade ZMax last Saturday... And when I updated it on March 21st, the camera app stopped working. I try and open it and all it says is "camera stopped working" then it closes me out of the app. then it tries to reopen the app then forces itself closed again. Everything else works perfectly fine save for the camera app. 🙁 I already factory reset the phone and booted it in safe mode but it still doesn't work. All I know is that I'm not buying a ZTE ever again. I'm gonna use this phone till it quits but it will be my first and last ZTE.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@niamey said:
    I just got my ZTE Blade ZMax last Saturday... And when I updated it on March 21st, the camera app stopped working. I try and open it and all it says is "camera stopped working" then it closes me out of the app. then it tries to reopen the app then forces itself closed again. Everything else works perfectly fine save for the camera app. 🙁 I already factory reset the phone and booted it in safe mode but it still doesn't work. All I know is that I'm not buying a ZTE ever again. I'm gonna use this phone till it quits but it will be my first and last ZTE.

@niamey, can you verify which build you are using for us, also is it the stock camera app you are trying to use or is it a third party app?

• Janise1984Janise1984 United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭

My phone freezes up alot lately

• Janise1984Janise1984 United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭

How can I fix my frozen phone

• DianDian United StatesPosts: 9 ✭✭✭✭

I have the ZTE Blade max and I have yet to get the update for my phone it's already June 1st when will it be out for me I've been waiting and have yet to get anything

• cyberfixer337cyberfixer337 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

Update it's about time

• Dawsontiyler10Dawsontiyler10 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭✭

@sshasan said:
    If you own a Blade Z Max, we have great news!

A new update (B20) is now available for your device.

B20 Release Notes:
    1.) Battery life improvements
    2.) Improvements to VoLTE
    3.) Google Security Patch February 5, 2018
    4.) KRACK / Blueborne Vulnerabilities Patched
    5.) Other bug fixes

This update will be pushed out in waves and will be completed by March 19, 2018

Will there be a update soon?

• playful316playful316 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

i have a zte z982 and i have yet to recieve an update, whats goin on? will they update it in the store or how do i get an update

• DianDian United StatesPosts: 9 ✭✭✭✭

I got 1 update when I first got my ZTE BLADE Z MAX Z982 in March and I've been waiting on the newest update and here it is July and still nothing anyone knows when I will get the newest update

• Pnva88Pnva88 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

I don't have any update for my phone

• Virgil2018Virgil2018 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

My ZTE Blade Z Max came with B20