All the way to bottom "about device"
    Go to bottom look at build number
    The last number B20 is the most recent.

• DianDian United StatesPosts: 9 ✭✭✭✭

@Gandolf said:
    How can I tell if I got the B20? It only shows I have Android 7.1.1

I don't have it either it really makes me mad hope we get it sion

When is the update going to come to my phone I have not gotten any updates where I can get the update 8.1.1 it's not Fair that everyone else has it and we don't I've had this phone for 6 months waiting on the new update and so far I'm not getting it really not happy

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Dian said:
    When is the update going to come to my phone I have not gotten any updates where I can get the update 8.1.1 it's not Fair that everyone else has it and we don't I've had this phone for 6 months waiting on the new update and so far I'm not getting it really not happy

hi, Dian

This update is security update and not platform update. If you go to setting-->About Phone-->Build number, you will see what is your current build. If you are running the latest build, you can also go under Setting-->Software update to check if there is newer update available. Blade Z Max is currently still running Android 7.1.1 and so far there is no information regarding Oreo update. As always, carrier branded device depends on the carrier for the update.

Thanks so much keep me updated on this update thanks

Tired of all this with the phones

• Bladereap3rBladereap3r 94110Posts: 6 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had hoped the ZTE Blade Max might get the Oreo OS Update, some users are saying its not going to happen on these under $200usd on metropcs carrier. shame that, im sure they would rather sell me a flagship fone with Oreo or the newer Pie OS :( - well metropcs if i cant get  the Oreo OS update over the air installed Im not buying a flagship fone to get the better OS be it Oreo or Pie :( #LuvMyBladeZMax #MostBangForTheBuck
  • terri72terri72 United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭
    samsamha said:

@HouseCt said:
    How do I get it I'm still B14 and went to system update and it
    Says August 1st still.

hi, @HouseCt , since this is a staged rolled out, it may take a bit time to hit your device. You could try to clear the cache and do a manual check to see if possibly you can trigger the update.

I have been going to mine and checking frequently but nothing here either 😏
  • terri72terri72 United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭
    jcampos88 said:

@HouseCt said:
    How do I get it I'm still B14 and went to system update and it
    Says August 1st still.

Did you get the update yet? My phone is not getting the update.

I'm not getting any updates for my phone 😏
  • sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,735 admin
    @terri72 What build are you currently on. B25 is the most current. 
  • Lefty45Lefty45 United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭
    Can I get the latest update?  Right now I'm running version 7.1.1 and would love to update it....

What build of 7.1.1 are you currently running? B25 is the latest.
    Ok, I'm running that but I thought there was an 8 version?
    @Lefty45

Oreo is not available for the 982. At this time there is no further development for the device. 
    Will ZTE let us know if the updates have ended?
  • samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Lefty45 said:
    Will ZTE let us know if the updates have ended?
    HI, @Lefty45, the Blade Z max will not get Oreo as you can see from this thread
  • UtahFunkDeejayUtahFunkDeejay United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭

I really don't like Oreos much anyway. I am more of a Chips Deluxe type. 😎

BTW, again I will say that with ZTE, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A REAL WARRANTY! Within a week(I have it all documented) of getting my phone, I called ZTE Customer Service. I was told that I would have to send cell and wait up to 2-3 weeks to get it back! What?

Here it is over a year later and my cell🔋starts draining at an insane rate and rebooting whenever it feels like it! This is the same problem I had when I first got the phone and somewhat fixed it then on my own(after days of working on it).

After 19 years with Cricket, I wonder if I will EVER be shown even an ounce of respect(this goes out to you, ZTE and Cricket).

ZTE dropped the ball and we have to pay the price? IT'S A BAD DAY IN AMERICA.

13»