Memory for ZTE maven

andinshawnandinshawn West VirginiaPosts: 2 ✭✭

Why is it that the ZTE maven advertises 8GB of memory and then takes 4.78GB for system memory. And WHY do you not allow most apps to be moved to an SD card and why does my maven prevent me from downloading apps when I have 500mg left (before you say something dumb yes, these are apps with less than 100mg. Please explain what I should do or I'd like my money back.

Comments

• jasonejasone United States Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, every phone company does this and advertises the amount of storage installed not the amount of storage free. On low end phones such as this with low storage, they do often leave adoptable storage enabled but not always. You can try checking in the storage settings if you can format an SD card as internal storage. If so then you can install more apps.

• ConflusteredConflustered USPosts: 24 ✭✭✭✭

@andinshawn said:
    Why is it that the ZTE maven advertises 8GB of memory and then takes 4.78GB for system memory. And WHY do you not allow most apps to be moved to an SD card and why does my maven prevent me from downloading apps when I have 500mg left (before you say something dumb yes, these are apps with less than 100mg. Please explain what I should do or I'd like my money back.

It's called deceptive marketing. They make it sound better than it is. They also claim you can mount an SD card as 'internal storage', which by all common sense should expand the 8G internal storage. It doesn't work that way however. You're still limited to that 8G for most purposes.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,665 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think some of the carrier store sales people need to do a better job of explaining the capabilities of a phone to people that may not know these things. Some may call it up selling, but when it comes to a phone, there is a big difference in a $50 phone compared to a $150 even when it comes to just storage. (8GB vs 16GB at those prices, sometimes you can even get 32GB) Bad thing is with pre-paid, most carrier reps don't care, or people are just picking up a phone at Walmart and the packaging doesn't really explain this. On some phones, it will in list with an asterisk next to storage what the usable is, but that isn't the norm sadly with a lot of these cheaper devices.