How to get message notification to sound on lock screen?

I cannot get incoming message notification to alert "sound" while screen is locked. Any recommendations out there in the ZTE Blade X world?

Answers

• I went under notification settings, and I have selected "On the Lock Screen" "Show all notification content". I even rebooted the phone, still nothing.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@BassFisher1, when you go to settings->sound and scroll to Notification Volume, what is that currently set at? Also if you scroll to Notification Mode, what is the setting there?

Also, is this for just 1 certain app? Text Messaging, or email or ???

Thanks!

• Notification volume is set all the way to max volume. Notification Mode is set on "Ring" It is set for Text Messaging and Email.

• Fixed It.... It looks like the Messenger App that was installed on my phone from Cricket Wireless is not fully compatible with the ZTE Blade X. I went ahead and down loaded Google Messenger App for Android, and voila! Works like a charm. I made it my default messenger App. Thanks for everyone's help. All your suggestions helped narrow it down to the App giving me the problem. Thanks again.