Remove and change google account

yann360yann360 FrancePosts: 6 ✭✭✭

Hello,
I want to remove my google account from my ZTE Axon 7 but it doesn't work. I go to setting -> account -. google -> remove account and say 'isn't allowed by admibnistrator'.

Then I tried common solution to try removing the lock screen -> set it to none in settings but I don't have this option. Only i can change to swipe, pattern, complex passwords.

How can I remove this account without being blocked? I don't want to do a hard factory reset

Thanks !

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you log into your device with the primary (admin) account? I wonder if you could possibly be using the guest mode and hence you will not able to delete the google account. Try to log into the admin account and see if you can remove the other google account that you wish to delete.

If all fails, factory reset maybe the easiest way.

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@yann360 said:
    Hello,
    I want to remove my google account from my ZTE Axon 7 but it doesn't work. I go to setting -> account -. google -> remove account and say 'isn't allowed by admibnistrator'.

Then I tried common solution to try removing the lock screen -> set it to none in settings but I don't have this option. Only i can change to swipe, pattern, complex passwords.

How can I remove this account without being blocked? I don't want to do a hard factory reset

Thanks !

@yann360 what build number are you on with your A7? The option for "none" for the lockscreen should be there. That was removed once a long time ago but was subsequently reinstated on the next update. That was over a year and a half ago though. Would someone else please confirm that the option for "none" for the lockscreen is still there in build B35 the most recent build. @westside80 please check your A7 and see if "none" for the lockscreen is still there.

I have the option in B35 to select "none".

• yann360yann360 FrancePosts: 6 ✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2018 9:14PM

@jimlloyd40 said:

@yann360 said:
    Hello,

Thanks !

@yann360 what build number are you on with your A7? The option for "none" for the lockscreen should be there. That was removed once a long time ago but was subsequently reinstated on the next update. That was over a year and a half ago though. Would someone else please confirm that the option for "none" for the lockscreen is still there in build B35 the most recent build. @westside80 please check your A7 and see if "none" for the lockscreen is still there.

@jimlloyd40 I'm on build number ZTE A2017GV1.0.0B11, MIFavor UI 4.0, Android 6.0.1, Kernel 3.18.20. It's supposed to be a recent phone so the build should be recent too unless they let an old version... well as said in security when i click screen lock I have only swipe, pattern, PIN and complex password but no option for 'none'...

I tried to add another google account in the setting, I write the email/pwd and then saying 'cant communicate with google servers'. I doesnt add the account... don't know if its coming from the ZTE MUI overlayer but interface is pretty annoying seems to limit everything

@samsamha said:
    Are you log into your device with the primary (admin) account? I wonder if you could possibly be using the guest mode and hence you will not able to delete the google account. Try to log into the admin account and see if you can remove the other google account that you wish to delete.

actually the initial google account (my main account) I setup when I started the phone doesnt work properly and cant seem to connect so it's possible I am on a guest account. How can I logon to the admin account? does it mean the google account? then how do I set back the connection? I guess its missing the pwd somewhere

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@yann360 said:

@samsamha said:

actually the initial google account (my main account) I setup when I started the phone doesnt work properly and cant seem to connect so it's possible I am on a guest account. How can I logon to the admin account? does it mean the google account? then how do I set back the connection? I guess its missing the pwd somewhere

Yes the initial google account that you use when you setup the phone is your primary account. If you want to just delete the guest account, you could try to follow up the guide here from google: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6115141?hl=en

@yann360 you have the European model and evidently the European model doesn't allow using "none" for the lockscreen. When you tried to add another Google account there must have been a connection problem. I would try to add a new Google account again and if successful then try to remove the original Google account. You should be able to remove the guest account by clicking on it and then clicking the three dots in the upper right hand corner and then click "remove account". If you still can't add another Google account or if you can add another Google account but it still won't allow you to remove the original Google account then I don't know of another way to accomplish it without doing a factory reset.

is there any way I can upgrade to B35 easily ? it doesn't allow me telling me 'software is up to date' but its pretty old. Other thing I don't see a guest account so I guess I am still on the primary account but it doesnt connect properly and I dont see a way to input pwd again. The second account I am trying to add doesnt appear either even though I am conencted to internet. It is really a pain with this version

thank you !

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@yann360 said:

@yann360 you have the European model and evidently the European model doesn't allow using "none" for the lockscreen. When you tried to add another Google account there must have been a connection problem. I would try to add a new Google account again and if successful then try to remove the original Google account. You should be able to remove the guest account by clicking on it and then clicking the three dots in the upper right hand corner and then click "remove account". If you still can't add another Google account or if you can add another Google account but it still won't allow you to remove the original Google account then I don't know of another way to accomplish it without doing a factory reset.

is there any way I can upgrade to B35 easily ? it doesn't allow me telling me 'software is up to date' but its pretty old. Other thing I don't see a guest account so I guess I am still on the primary account but it doesnt connect properly and I dont see a way to input pwd again. The second account I am trying to add doesnt appear either even though I am conencted to internet. It is really a pain with this version

thank you !

B35 is a US version of software but you have a European version of the Axon 7. So there is no EASY way to update to B35 for you. Not impossible, but not easy. If I were you I'd wait for ZTE Europe to release Oreo for the Axon 7.

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can upgrade to Android 7.1.1 firmware A2017GV1.2.0B05 from ZTE Support global

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

To remove the Google account from the phone, go first to settings, search for Device Administrators.
    In Device Administrators uncheck the boxes for all the applications that appear in the list.

@adrb said:
    To remove the Google account from the phone, go first to settings, search for Device Administrators.
    In Device Administrators uncheck the boxes for all the applications that appear in the list.

tried this I have only a Find My Device item in the list, its unchecked

• evilspeaksevilspeaks Posts: 7 ✭✭✭✭

Under Device admins I have email, find my device and where's my Droid none are checked. Under Accounts I don't have the option to remove Google. My Build number is A2017UV1.10B35. I just want to try to upgrade to Oreo.