Ridiculous lack of warranty service from dfcomputer for Canadian warranty

13»

Comments

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sameer said:
    Hello All,

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sameer and I work at ZTE Canada, and going forward, I along with some others from our team, will try to respond to Canadian issues that might come up in the Z-Community.

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles some of you have been having with warranty service for your Axon 7 units.

Rest assured, barring any delays with Canada customs, DF Computers will have additional advanced-exchange units by the end of next week. Going forward, there should not be any more disruptions to the advanced exchange program for the Axon 7.

Also note, the repair option is also available and sufficient parts are available for immediate repairs. So if you would prefer to not use the advanced exchange, there should be no delay in getting your unit repaired.

We look forward to being more active members of the Z-Community forum going forward.

Thanks,

Sameer

This is good news for Canadian customers that they have somebody to help them with issues here. Hopefully those who had issues weren't turned off by the whole support debacle that happened with their A7s.

• 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sameer said:
    Hello All,

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sameer and I work at ZTE Canada, and going forward, I along with some others from our team, will try to respond to Canadian issues that might come up in the Z-Community.

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles some of you have been having with warranty service for your Axon 7 units.

Rest assured, barring any delays with Canada customs, DF Computers will have additional advanced-exchange units by the end of next week. Going forward, there should not be any more disruptions to the advanced exchange program for the Axon 7.

Also note, the repair option is also available and sufficient parts are available for immediate repairs. So if you would prefer to not use the advanced exchange, there should be no delay in getting your unit repaired.

We look forward to being more active members of the Z-Community forum going forward.

Thanks,

Sameer

It's nice to finally have someone from ZTE Canada actually come here and talk to us. Not only will ZTE be able to see what it's Canadian consumers are worried about and being bothered by, Canadian consumers will also get the chance to get help and have questions by an official. This is probably also going to be much better then having to DM ZTE Canada's Twitter, which was a bit slow and not 100% reliable (better then e-mail or phone by far though). Anyways, it's nice to have you aboard Sameer :smiley:

• bluenotebluenote United StatesPosts: 42 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sameer said:
    Hello All,

Thanks,

Sameer

Cheers Sameer. I hope this will be the communications channel that actually works. Email and phone were a horrible failure.

• marcwool1marcwool1 CanadaPosts: 117 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is great news! I have not needed to use the warranty service because my Axon 7 has been excellent, but it's nice to know that if the day ever comes, ZTE will be there.

(This also leads me to re-evaluate my decision to try another brand, as the upcoming Axon 9 is the phone I want to buy.)

• marcwool1marcwool1 CanadaPosts: 117 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@marcwool1 said:

@Sphexi said:
    Just popped in as I just got my replacement A2017U from df today. Second replacement in the last few months (first one sent out had a malfunctioning USB C port), had the same experience. Said they were out of stock, not sure when it would come in, but were a little bit nicer about it.

I DM'd the ZTE Canada account on Twitter and they checked and within a day told me that DF would be reaching out (they did) and they had parts available. I sent it in, gave them a little over a week (site says 5 business days, gave them 7) before bugging them, and within a short amount of time responded that they'd be replacing it after trying to "repair" it.

TBH I don't think df does any sort of repairs, I think they're a small chain of computer shops that won some contract to handle the Canadian warranty from ZTE, and just swap things out as they can. I also think English is not their primary language (at least whoever is handling their email account) so there could just be some misunderstanding as to what they're sending out. It took some time but I did get a replacement phone that appears to be fully functional.

That being said, no point in a 2 year warranty that can barely be honored, and the service is just horrific. Has completely turned me off of ZTE as a brand, unfortunate because for the most part I like the phone, and I'm looking forward to the Oreo update. But if that isn't all that and a bag of chips I may sell the phone second hand and get a Oneplus 6 or something else to replace it.

That's my plan. I really wanted to buy the Axon 9 but this ridiculous, barely existing warranty, from some computer store I have NEVER heard of, tells me it's time to give OnePlus a try.
    Once I've bought the OnePlus 6 I'll never be back on this forum or as a ZTE customer again.
    (
    The forum was great, but no reason to be here if I won't be a ZTE customer)

@marcwool1 you can still continue to be a member of the Community. You've been a good contributor and there's plenty of threads that pertain to all phones.

Thanks, Jim.
    With ZTE representatives now taking an active hand in resolving warranty issues, that means I'll probably become an Axon 9 owner and stick around.

• sameersameer Canada Posts: 2 ✭✭✭✭✭

@14blank40 said:

@sameer said:
    Hello All,

Thanks,

Sameer

It's nice to finally have someone from ZTE Canada actually come here and talk to us. Not only will ZTE be able to see what it's Canadian consumers are worried about and being bothered by, Canadian consumers will also get the chance to get help and have questions by an official. This is probably also going to be much better then having to DM ZTE Canada's Twitter, which was a bit slow and not 100% reliable (better then e-mail or phone by far though). Anyways, it's nice to have you aboard Sameer :smiley:

Thanks. Ple> @bluenote said:

@sameer said:
    Hello All,

Thanks,

Sameer

Cheers Sameer. I hope this will be the communications channel that actually works. Email and phone were a horrible failure.

We're sorry to hear that your experience with those support avenues was less than ideal. We will continue to try to improve all support channels going forward.

sameer said:

Hello All,

Thanks,

Sameer

Hello @sameer

DF Computer your warranty provider in Canada is again refusing to do advanced exchanges, saying that they have no phones.  The warranty service is something that was defined by ZTE when I bought the phone.  You need to communicate to them that you want to live up to those terms.   Please get them a shipment and acknowledge that this has been clarified with them.

thanks
    And, cannot get any one at ZTE to acknowledge this
  • sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,920 admin
    bluenote said:
    Please reach out to CS via phone. The representative from Canada is unavailable at this time.
    sshasan said:
    bluenote said:
    Please reach out to CS via phone. The representative from Canada is unavailable at this time.
    I've been through this once before with the same issue - the Canada warranty service provider was refusing to do advanced exchanges.  I called ZTE canada and it just goes to a voicemail that is never responded to.

So then I pursued emailing zte canada.  They just immediately forwarded me on to zte china, who in the end responded with this:

"

[email protected]

Mar 19, 2018, 7:56 PM
    to me

Dear valued ZTE customer 

Thanks for contacting us, 

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. 

We are sorry to inform you that,  ZTE doesn't provide  refund/replacement for the device. 

However the device can be repaired to resolve the issue. 

Being the manufacturer's we will be glad to fix your phone for free under warranty condition. 

ZTE provides one year manufactures warranty from the date of purchase. 

We would like to know are you ready to mail this device to get it fixed? 

Should there be further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Best Regards 

"

So if you've got a suggestion for an avenue that isn't a complete waste of time (the above was the culmination of a probably 10 email chain) then I'd really like to be informed.  Thanks

@bluenote Looking into other avenues as we speak. I will hopefully have an answer no later than tomorrow.
    sshasan said:
    @bluenote Looking into other avenues as we speak. I will hopefully have an answer no later than tomorrow.
    Much appreciated.

@bluenote Please send me a DM with your contact information.