Can I replace a cracked screen on a ZTE Blade X Max?

ValkyrieValkyrie United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

Hello, A few weeks ago, I had an incident where my phone dropped on the floor and the screen cracked. I've been scouring the internet in an attempt to find a way to repair the screen. All that came up were listings to buy new screens or videos showing how to fix other zte phones. As of now, I've bought a new screen, but it doesn't come with instructions on how to replace the screen. I would be grateful if anyone can tell me how to replace the screen or at least why no one has attempted to replace the screen.

(Yes, I know it'd be best to send it to a repair store, but I haven't found any stores that repairs this phone. If you could also list some stores that repairs this phone, I would be grateful as well.)

Answers

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

have you check with the carrier or ZTE support to see if the phone carries any warranty? Often broken screen may not be covered under warranty but they often may still repair or replace it for you for a fee.

• ValkyrieValkyrie United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

@samsamha When I purchased the phone, I did not buy a warranty from Cricket. The product safety and warranty information booklet does mention that ZTE offers a 12 month warranty, but does not cover "damages from accident".

I have not contacted my retailer or ZTE support yet. I will see if the warranty can cover the damage.

Thank you for your reply.

• ValkyrieValkyrie United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 That's what I was afraid of. I didn't want to spend the same amount of money as buying a new phone, but if it is the only option, I might as well just buy a new phone.

The screen I ordered did come with the digitizer attached.

Thank you for your reply.