Best firmware for Zmax pro

jowjowjowjow United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

Got a Zmax pro on Metropcs a while now and it's on B12 firmware. It seems to be running OK but keeps telling me that new update B14 is available. I'm getting sick of it popping up every day. Is that B14 update going to break anything?

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi, @jowjow

It should not break anything. The B14 update includes B13 and B14 update and as you can see from the update information based on T-mobile's website, it adds minor bug fixes and google security update. So I don't think you have to worry too much.

• jowjowjowjow United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

@samsamha said:
    hi, @jowjow

It should not break anything. The B14 update includes B13 and B14 update and as you can see from the update information based on T-mobile's website, it adds minor bug fixes and google security update. So I don't think you have to worry too much.

I'm on MetroPcs. Wouldn't the updates be different?

@jimlloyd40 said:
    I would definitely update it @jowjow to get a more up to date security patch.

Actually, I have been reading here and some people mentioned that they pulled the B14 update because of problems. Then I saw that there was a B20 update. If there is a newer update why is my phone telling me to update to B14? Do I have to update each patch seperately in sequential order? Or can I go straight from B12 to B20?

To anyone that has updated their Zmax Pro, I would like your opinions on the pros and cons of the different updates before I do it.

@samsamha said:
    hi, @jowjow

I'm on MetroPcs. Wouldn't the updates be different?

@jimlloyd40 said:
    I would definitely update it @jowjow to get a more up to date security patch.

Actually, I have been reading here and some people mentioned that they pulled the B14 update because of problems. Then I saw that there was a B20/B21 update. If there is a newer update why is my phone telling me to update to B14? Do I have to update each patch seperately in sequential order? Or can I go straight from B12 to B20/B21?

To anyone that has updated their Zmax Pro, I would like your opinions on the pros and cons of the different updates before I do it.

@jimlloyd40 said:
    @jowjow I would think that the only difference would be possibly a few different carrier apps even though MetroPCS is owned by T-Mobile.

Oh, I wasn't sure because the latest update for Tmobile was 14 and Metro was 20/21.