RAM issues

adrianmicj1adrianmicj1 Guayaquil EcuadorPosts: 22 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are some RAM Issues in this phone, opening apps, changing between them, closing them, background downloads, etc...
We hope so on getting Nougat on this phone since it´s proccesor is totally capable, since Blade V8 Mini has that Android version and since bugs that are presented on this Build Versión.

Comments

• razor512razor512 New YorkPosts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just to confirm, are you using the Blade V8 pro?

Also which ROM build are you on?

• adrianmicj1adrianmicj1 Guayaquil EcuadorPosts: 22 ✭✭✭✭✭

@razor512 said:
    Just to confirm, are you using the Blade V8 pro?

Also which ROM build are you on?

Hey, yes, I'm using the Blade V8 Pro
    I'm on Build 22

How many apps do you typically have in the recent apps menu before some start to get unloaded?

Also, is it a specific set of apps that do not background well (e.g., WPS office will unload even on devices with 8GB of RAM if you do something like switch from it to chrome for a few minutes.

Another thing to check is how many apps are loading at startup.
    Install 3c toolbox https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ccc71.at.free

Check the task manager (be sure to grant it the requested permissions so that it can see the processes running.

Then restart the phone, and check it again to see if you notice some 3rd party apps that were installed, to see which ones are running at startup.

To many apps that want to add startup entries can cause many of the issues you described.

When you end up with apps unloading, also check the task manager's memory readout to see how much available RAM you have. While android will unload apps to free up some RAM, if there is ample RAM available and a specific app keeps unloading when you switch away from it, then it could be that the specific app that is the issue.

@razor512 said:
    How many apps do you typically have in the recent apps menu before some start to get unloaded?

Also, is it a specific set of apps that do not background well (e.g., WPS office will unload even on devices with 8GB of RAM if you do something like switch from it to chrome for a few minutes.

Another thing to check is how many apps are loading at startup.
    Install 3c toolbox https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ccc71.at.free

Check the task manager (be sure to grant it the requested permissions so that it can see the processes running.

Then restart the phone, and check it again to see if you notice some 3rd party apps that were installed, to see which ones are running at startup.

To many apps that want to add startup entries can cause many of the issues you described.

When you end up with apps unloading, also check the task manager's memory readout to see how much available RAM you have. While android will unload apps to free up some RAM, if there is ample RAM available and a specific app keeps unloading when you switch away from it, then it could be that the specific app that is the issue.

I have like 3-5 "little" apps (Instagram, Google Keep, Whatasapp, Telegram, Calculator) opened at the same time but that issue of ram managenment still happening if i use 2 apps (Chrome, Whatsapp) at the same time so i have always to restart my phone to get it "normally back" but it is also happening within minutes of system startup.

Maybe some Nova Launcher services i have intalled on my phone?? (Sesame shortcuts and TeslaUnread) It is supposed that that apps will load at system startup and alwasy running in background...

Services as Facebook or Messenger??

I had a Galaxy J5 two years ago and i am not able to remember isues like this one and that phone has only 1.5 GB of RAM so i think that it is a software issue, also, it was not happening on the first and second build, it started since the FACBOOK APP FIX update...

I should Factory Reset my phone hoping that, with this new build, it should works better.

edited April 12, 2018 1:51PM

Factory reset works as a last resort, especially in cases in which an application messes up in some way to cause excessive memory usage.

Though in cases of apps in general just becoming bloated an inefficient be adding them self to the system startup (so that the app developer can send push notifications when you are not actively using the app, or simply to advertise to you. In cases like that, depending on the number of apps you have installed, you can end up with dozens of applications, each trying to part of them self into RAM at startup, thus causing the device to be stuck in an out of memory state all of the time.

If you feel like doing a factory reset, then be sure to back up your data first. and also be sure that if you used something like google authenticator or any other second factor authentication, with the device, that you have a backup of the QR code, or disable the second factor before resetting, as some services (especially financial one, do not offer a way to bypass the second factor unless they provided you with emergency second factor codes.

PS if doing a factory reset to fix an issue, do not restore the google backup, instead,set it up as a new device, or the google backup may restore the issue you were trying to fix in the first place.

@razor512 said:
    Factory reset works as a last resort, especially in cases in which an application messes up in some way to cause excessive memory usage.

Though in cases of apps in general just becoming bloated an inefficient be adding them self to the system startup (so that the app developer can send push notifications when you are not actively using the app, or simply to advertise to you. In cases like that, depending on the number of apps you have installed, you can end up with dozens of applications, each trying to part of them self into RAM at startup, thus causing the device to be stuck in an out of memory state all of the time.

If you feel like doing a factory reset, then be sure to back up your data first. and also be sure that if you used something like google authenticator or any other second factor authentication, with the device, that you have a backup of the QR code, or disable the second factor before resetting, as some services (especially financial one, do not offer a way to bypass the second factor unless they provided you with emergency second factor codes.

PS if doing a factory reset to fix an issue, do not restore the google backup, instead,set it up as a new device, or the google backup may restore the issue you were trying to fix in the first place.

Yup, you are right.

I already performed factory reset to my phone now i will reset cache from recovery and check if there is an improvement with this issue.

Thank you.

Greetings from Ecuador.

It was working very well after Factory Reset but after a few hours, issues came back.

When you did the reset, did you restore a Google backup, or was it a fresh setup?

Also can you recall the last few apps installed before the issues came back?

Also if a large number of apps in one session, it is best to restart the device.

@razor512 said:
    When you did the reset, did you restore a Google backup, or was it a fresh setup?

Also can you recall the last few apps installed before the issues came back?

Also if a large number of apps in one session, it is best to restart the device.

It was a fresh setup.

Facebook, Messenger, Snapchat, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, YouTube, Spotify, Google Keep, Eventbrite. No games installed before this issues came back.

Yup, that should work