February Security Patch Hits Blade V8 Pro

sshasansshasan Z-Community ModeratorNew YorkPosts: 3,412 admin

A New Security Patch Is Now Available For The Blade V8 Pro

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,618 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is great news.

• aofjax2002aofjax2002 TexasPosts: 9 ✭✭✭✭

Definitely great to get a security update. I know some users were wanting more recent ones from October 2017 for work. Got my update while at the gym lol.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,653 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

This Spectacular News!!

Thank you ZTE for hearing us!!!

• telyxtelyx Posts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭

Odd that I can't find an option to download this over a data connection... WiFi only?!

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New YorkPosts: 3,412 admin

@telyx said:
    Odd that I can't find an option to download this over a data connection... WiFi only?!

Yes, wifi only.

There are apps in the Play Store bigger than this update. I guess I'll put my SIM in one of my old phones and use it as a WiFi hotspot for this... or park next to a Burger King or something and use their WiFi.

• digiduck_2582digiduck_2582 United StatesPosts: 28 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone had issues with this update? Since the update, I've been having issues making and receiving calls. When I try to call someone it says "can't call" when people call me they get sent to voicemail I reset my phone. I can then make a call and receive calls For a short while before the problem pops up again. Anyone else had this problem?

• BoyHitsCarBoyHitsCar United StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭✭

Yep, as soon as the update installed I get "SIM1: error or missing" and at the top of the screen it says "No SIM card".

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll MainePosts: 4,527 mod
    edited April 5, 2018 12:33AM

@digiduck_2582 @BoyHitsCar Can you tell me what carrier your using? Also can you check that your APN is still correct, and selected. Settings>Dual Sim Settings>Mobile Network Settings>Access Point Names. Also you can try resetting the Network and clearing cache. Settings>Backup & Reset>Network Settings Reset

T-Mobile, and all options under Dual SIM and Mobile network are greyed out and inaccessible which means I can't get to the APN settings.

• snowcatsnowcat Posts: 21 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the exactly same problem. After forced update I get "No SIM card" in top bar. I too am on T-Mobile.

@snowcat said:
    I have the exactly same problem. After forced update I get "No SIM card" in top bar. I too am on T-Mobile.

All settings under "Dual SIM" are grayed out.
    Doing the "Settings>Backup & Reset>Network Settings Reset" I get the following:

However, it did forget the WiFi network, so maybe it also did reset the other network settings? Anyhow, still get the "No SIM card".

edited April 5, 2018 12:55AM

FYI, wiping partition and reseting to factory didn't help, save yourselves the headache.

Bought a new Motorola and the SIM card works, so definitely software problem.

@BoyHitsCar said:
    FYI, wiping partition and reseting to factory didn't help, save yourselves the headache.

how old is your SIM card? Mine has been moved from phone to phone for some time... any chance that older SIM cards have an issue with the new SW patch (or vice-versa)?

@snowcat said:

@BoyHitsCar said:

how old is your SIM card? Mine has been moved from phone to phone for some time... any chance that older SIM cards have an issue with the new SW patch (or vice-versa)?

Got the SIM brand new in January of this year, so only 3 months old.

@BoyHitsCar said:

@snowcat said:

@BoyHitsCar said:

Got the SIM brand new in January of this year, so only 3 months old.

Thanks, no point running to the T-Mobile store tomorrow then...
    I hope ZTE fixes this issue ASAP, I need my phone (who doesn't)!

• chrispychrispy United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭

I'm having a major problem with phone's wifi connection since this update. I'll be connected to my router but seemingly no data will come through. No other devices on my network are having issues. I've tried forgetting my network and reconnecting which temporarily resolves the issue but it starts all over again soon after. Started immediately after update, never saw anything like this before that.

• HB91215HB91215 United StatesPosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭

Same issue here, can't connect to SIM card and the settings are grayed out. I went to the AT&T store for service, and even a brand new SIM card will not work. It must be a software issue with this new update. So frustrating to have a phone that can't be used!

Can I have someone that has this issue toggle airplane mode and let me know if anything changes?

• HB91215HB91215 United StatesPosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭

Toggling airplane mode did not help. I tried it yesterday and again just now, and no luck.

@HB91215 would you be willing to try a factory reset if you haven’t already. I’m out of ideas on this one.

I have reached out to R&D last night as soon as we had 3 reports but it will take some time for them to get back to us.

I personally have the Blade V8 Pro and was able to update without having this issue. I have a T-Mobile SIM in the device and its working as it should.

• tthompson1615tthompson1615 United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

I have tried toggling the airplane mode, it had no effect. I've also noticed that in addition to the SIM error issue, the GPS is no longer working on Google Maps and a driving app that I use every day.
    Service: Straight Talk (AT&T network)
    Device specs:
    Model Z978
    Android Ver: 6.0.1
    Patch Level: Feb 5, 2018
    Baseband Ver: Unknown
    Kernel Version: 3.18.24
    Build number: Z978V1.0.0B22
    Build time: Fri Mar 2 03:18:51 CST 2018

edited April 5, 2018 9:45AM

@HB91215 would you be willing to try a factory reset if you haven’t already. I’m out of ideas on this one.

I have reached out to R&D last night as soon as we had 3 reports but it will take some time for them to get back to us.

I personally have the Blade V8 Pro and was able to update without having this issue. I have a T-Mobile SIM in the device and its working as it should.

Factory reset did not work for me

That's weird (and not in a good way.) I haven't had any issues but because of the way I had to do the update (using an old phone as a WiFi hotspot), I didn't have my SIM in the phone.

Still having the "No SIM" issue. This morning I noticed that the battery level is much lower than usual, obviously the phone is busy doing something.
    More details of the phone, can I provide any other diagnostics?

@snowcat said:
    Still having the "No SIM" issue. This morning I noticed that the battery level is much lower than usual, obviously the phone is busy doing something.
    More details of the phone, can I provide any other diagnostics?

@tthompson1615 said:
    I have tried toggling the airplane mode, it had no effect. I've also noticed that in addition to the SIM error issue, the GPS is no longer working on Google Maps and a driving app that I use every day.
    Service: Straight Talk (AT&T network)
    Device specs:
    Model Z978
    Android Ver: 6.0.1
    Patch Level: Feb 5, 2018
    Baseband Ver: Unknown
    Kernel Version: 3.18.24
    Build number: Z978V1.0.0B22
    Build time: Fri Mar 2 03:18:51 CST 2018

GPS works for me. That seems to be a separate issue.

@sshasan said:
    Can I have someone that has this issue toggle airplane mode and let me know if anything changes?

Nope, toggling Airplane Mode did not help.

edited April 5, 2018 10:29AM

FYI, I have a SD card in the secondary slot. I just tried removing it, to see if that is the problem. No luck, also without SD card in secondary slot I get the same "No SIM" error.

Is there a way to update my voice mail greeting (without my phone), so I can let people know that my phone is dead? I don't have a backup phone that can take the nano-SIM.

@snowcat If you set up a passcode on VM you should be able to call your phone number, press # (I believe) to get into your VM and then make the necessary changes.