February Security Patch Hits Blade V8 Pro

Comments

• digiduck_2582digiduck_2582 United StatesPosts: 38 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 5, 2018 9:42PM

@westside80 said:

@tinsleyl said:

@BoyHitsCar said:
    Yep, as soon as the update installed I get "SIM1: error or missing" and at the top of the screen it says "No SIM card".

Same problem. Cricket. New sim doesn't work. Factory reset doesn't work. Happened immediately after update that I didn't even know was happening. Never clicked on update. How can I reach zte for warranty support

They will fix it with a software update. All you can do is wait.

Meanwhile, some people are left without a phone, and others have a phone that works only half the time.

• chrispychrispy United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭

I believe the wifi issues I'm having are related to a bug in the KRACK patch implementation. This only seems to effect mesh networks like Google WiFi. Can we have the R&D team look into this?

• aofjax2002aofjax2002 TexasPosts: 9 ✭✭✭✭

Updates from a variety of both major and smaller phone manufacturers have been known to cause issues afterwards. It sucks, but it happens and at least the R&D are aware of some of the issues people are having.

For now, if you have wifi but no Sim errors and don't have a spare phone you can use a Google Hangout number to make/receive texts and phone calls while they work on an update. And on a side note, I too bought my v8 pro on Newegg 2 months ago and used a new SIM card for TMobile service prepaid and later postpaid with no issues before and after the new update if that helps anyone.

• JetlagJetlag United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

Add me to the list. NO SIM / Baseband: Unknown

The messed up part is I didn't even accept this update. It just started automatically.

• HB91215HB91215 United StatesPosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any updates or heard from tech support on this?

• symsym Posts: 6 ✭✭✭✭

@HB91215 said:
    Anyone have any updates or heard from tech support on this?

I spoke to support this morning they are working issue

• d4bn3yd4bn3y United StatesPosts: 12 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2018 7:43PM

Same issue. Baseband unknown. Factory reset did nothing. Visually inspected sim+tray. Tried both slots. No go. Wi-Fi works. No cellular connection, both sim icons are displayed and empty. Update happened overnight. Woke up and phone was rendered unusable.

GPS and location services are also affected.

• adrianmicj1adrianmicj1 Guayaquil EcuadorPosts: 22 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW!
    I am really sorry for all of you guys having issues with your phone after this update.
    Hope ZTE fix this on the next update.

• proforms_incproforms_inc United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody else having excesive battery drainage issues after this update. I usually got 2 - 2 1/2 days of usage on a full charge. That drastically when down to 25-28 hours.

• digiduck_2582digiduck_2582 United StatesPosts: 38 ✭✭✭✭✭

@proforms_inc said:
    Anybody else having excesive battery drainage issues after this update. I usually got 2 - 2 1/2 days of usage on a full charge. That drastically when down to 25-28 hours.

Yes my battery is draining much quicker. Screen casting would barely drain my battery. However since the update when I screen cast battery life has been moderately affected.

• sam25sam25 United StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭✭✭

Yes - after the update, the battery is draining a lot faster, the GPS is not working, the No Sim Card Error Remains, and the phone is absolutely worthless. I think it's time to throw this phone in the garbage can. This is really frustrating.

• easedeleasedel Posts: 75 ✭✭✭✭✭

@proforms_inc said:

Thought it was just me. I am waking up at 0-5% battery now.

• adrianmicj1adrianmicj1 Guayaquil EcuadorPosts: 22 ✭✭✭✭✭

i am having battery drainage too, maybe a FR could work.

• proforms_incproforms_inc United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@adrianmicj1 said:
    i am having battery drainage too, maybe a FR could work.

@adrianmicj1 that's always a good idea after a system update along with wiping the cache partition in recovery.

Just did a factory reset and cleared cache in recovery and installed apps again. Will give an update in a day or two as to if rapid battery draining issue is resolved.

Just spoke to customer support again, and they still have no fix and no estimated timeframe. Not only do I have the SIM issue, but also excessive battery drainage, despite my usage being decreased greatly. Wiping the cache partition did not help in my case.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@HB91215 said:
    Just spoke to customer support again, and they still have no fix and no estimated timeframe. Not only do I have the SIM issue, but also excessive battery drainage, despite my usage being decreased greatly. Wiping the cache partition did not help in my case.

Did you do a factory reset @HB91215?

I did. No luck with that, either.

• soloruben@gmail.com[email protected] Dominican RepublicPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

A Shame

I am not waiting this update type even it is a good one, i'm want to move on to a new Android version like N.

• Ock1Ock1 United StatesPosts: 39 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 9, 2018 12:01PM

Not happy about this update killing battery life since it was one of the best features of the V8!!! It's really affected standby battey life the most. Mine now goes from 100% to 84% over night with zero use. Any chance this gets fixed??? I've got another V8 that's brand new that I might fire-up and not let it update. Is there any possible way to get rid of this latest update?

• symsym Posts: 6 ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately I cannot be without a phone. I can live without internet but being unable to make and receive calls is a no go. Couple that with no idea on when the issue will be fixed I had to purchase a new phone. I loved my blade and hope to be able to use it again but picked up a S9 from my carrier because I needed a phone asap.