Screen not responsive to touch at all

bad455tabad455ta United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭

Hello. I have a ZTE ZMAX Pro and I just need some help. I dropped my phone about 6 inches and the screen has not been damaged but is completely unresponsive to touch. The phone turns on, and responds to voice commands. I really just need to get some information off the phone such as text messages and photos. I have attempted to connect an optical mouse but it will not power on, and also tried to connect my phone to my computer but the "use as a power source" is the default setting on my phone when I plug it in so it's not working either since I cannot select the proper setting to transfer media.
I have also purchased an adapter to connect to HDMI but that doesnt seem to work either.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Answers

• bad455tabad455ta United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭

Thanks jimlloyd40...will a factory reset clear all my saved info? I'm trying to preserve the info on the phone. I'll take a look online to see how I can get into the recovery screen...Safe Mode doesnt work either.

Clearing the cache didn't work. Does anyone know how to get a mouse to work on this phone?

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,478 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The Blade Z max does not output any power from its USB-C port, thus it cannot power a mouse if connected to it.

On your device, did you ever enable USB debugging?

if so, you could try installing vysor https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.vysor

Then when connected to the PC via USB and running the desktop companion application, you may be able to get some control.

There may not be a reliable way to get data off of the device unless you saved important data to a micro SD card, as unpowered USB host mode does not seem to be on either.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@bad455ta said:
    Clearing the cache didn't work. Does anyone know how to get a mouse to work on this phone?

I don't know of any way to get a mouse to work. So did you get to the recovery screen?

Yes I did...I guess at this point I am going to see what it takes to remove the screen and see if it was disconnected unless you have any other ideas.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Thanks for the video...I ended up taking it to a phone repair shop and they said it has water corrosion on the display contacts so they are going to try and repair it. Who knows what will happen now...

Thanks for the input everyone!

• ahtmoseahtmose TexasPosts: 3 ✭✭

Is there a video for the ZTE Blade V8 Pro Z978 on removal, because my screen is unresponsive too

• ahtmoseahtmose TexasPosts: 3 ✭✭

Nevermind, I pulled it apart. My screen was disconnected