Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
[POLL]Wireless Charging - You Knew This Was Coming!
[POLL]How Do You Search Within Text?

Wireless Charging - You Knew This Was Coming!

13»

Comments

• mike2456mike2456 China Peoples RepublicPosts: 10 ✭✭✭

introduce you guys a cell phone with the wireless charging too-vkworld vk7000,a good phone too.

• ethanscottethanscott United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

@DoppelgangerD said:
    Hmm, interesting concepts.
    The wireless charging case sounds good at first, but I think it might add too much weight to the device (?).

I'd say my first choice would be the wireless charging power bank.

All the choices are of value to anyone though, depending on your personal needs.

1) Power bank with wireless charging.
    2) Wireless speaker with wireless power bank. (sounds intriguing)
    3) Wireless charging case

I agree. Wireless charging will add unnecessary weight to the device.

• rasalonrasalon Atlanta, GA., USAPosts: 40 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only thing I can add to the wireless charging debate is this. Wireless Charging is in allot of phones, unfortunately to add it, the phone has to be all glass as of current. From a general design standpoint, I don't care if a cell phone is Glass, Metal or some other material. as long as the phone has a good IPX rating looks good, resists fingerprints/smudges without a case and functions. Problem with glass, no matter what kind of glass or how you enforce it, at the end of the day, it is still glass, and even though there are very strong glass available today, no glass currently will never under any circumstances not break or at least chip. Point is, you just need to be careful. As far as wireless charging itself, it will never be as fast as wired. Those so called "Wireless Fast Chargers" do work but wired is always better. 1st of all there is no one standard even though one is more popular and widely used than another type. Like as an analogy most people would say Wired Headphones sound better than Bluetooth ones, But Bluetooth has come along way. As wireless charging tech gets better over time, maybe it will be close to wired as far as charging speed. Maybe they'll even figure out a way to have a wireless charging radio if you will be powerful enough to go through other materials. Not just Glass. Lastly, there are a few all glass phones who do not have wireless charging in them. Case in point the new OnePlus 6. OnePlus said that they like the all glass look, but that they don't think that the technology has matured enough to be included in their phones. OnePlus uses a proprietary fast charging technology called "Dash Charging" despite using a regular Qualcomm processor that is cable of Qualcomm Quick Charging. Same Idea and just as fast, Just their own implementation of it. If OnePlus makes a model 6T phone later this year and includes wireless charging in it, it would be interesting to watch how they implement it assuming they do, what standard they use, and how it compares to dash charging/quick charging.

I know all ZTE stuff iis in Limbo instead of dead, but if the next Flagship sold in the USA (I assume Axon 9) has wireless charging (I assume that is why this official poll is here in the 1st place)  as fast as it is, even if it is not as fast as wired, as long as it is fast enough and ZTE uses the most popular standard that most wireless chargers use, no matter who makes it, how it looks, or whatever the price point is, whether it be for the home/office, car, or even a portable one when they invent those, it will be a useful option for charging that phone, and if not for whatever reason technical or whatever, then the next iteration of that phone perhaps?

• GamersGamers United StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭✭

@DoppelgangerD said:
    Hmm, interesting concepts.
    The wireless charging case sounds good at first, but I think it might add too much weight to the device (?).

I'd say my first choice would be the wireless charging power bank.

All the choices are of value to anyone though, depending on your personal needs.

1) Power bank with wireless charging.
    2) Wireless speaker with wireless power bank. (sounds intriguing)
    3) Wireless charging case

I do feel as though a case would too add weight if there could be a way to make a light case so it's not so heavy and I also like the the stand and tilt idea

13»