Random Advertisements

NBuck25NBuck25 United StatesPosts: 2

Is anyone having a problem with Ads randomly popping up on their phone? Like you unlock it and there is an ad for a game or a flashlight app? If so, how do I stop this, it really annoying and it is the only negative thing I have about the Axon M so far!

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

no such issue here. I would double check the list of app you have downloaded and see what could potentially be causing such problem.

On axon M, ATT has pre-installed an app call "ATT App select" that will give you recommended apps and if you have configured or enabled, then you may see it gives you some recommendation. other than that, it must be other third party apps that is giving you the problem.

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,257 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

My AxonM doesn't pop ads up.
    Check out your launcher (nova etc)

• bigkulonebigkulone BransonPosts: 5 ✭✭

Yes mine is doing this as well. Stock launcher and I've gone through my apps and don't have anything suspicious or out of the ordinary that might cause this that I can tell.

@bigkulone said:
    Yes mine is doing this as well. Stock launcher and I've gone through my apps and don't have anything suspicious or out of the ordinary that might cause this that I can tell.

Wow!
    Have you thought about doing a factory reset?

• razor512razor512 United States Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Keep in mind that most malicious apps that do popup ads, will not have a clear name that will hint at being adware, instead they will try to take on the name of something that looks safe.

Some previously good apps can also turn bad, for example, the issue you are describing was one I faced with a free IP camera viewer app, the devs pushed out an update that started loading ads even when not actively using the app.

In cases like this, your only option is to do trial and error to track down which app is causing the issue.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bigkulone said:

Could be something like a game that is doing this. Any games installed?

• illumi241illumi241 GermanyPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

Do you have TouchPal installed / activated? If so try disabling it.

@illumi241 said:
    Do you have TouchPal installed / activated? If so try disabling it.

Yes I have touchpal installed, and I have no ads.
    I actually really like touch pal

• illumi241illumi241 GermanyPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

The current version of TouchPal could spam ads, but doesn't happen for everyone...

• BirdzillaBirdzilla United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭✭✭

I have the same problem with the raondom ads. It's frustrating because for me it pops up while I'm watching YouTube or other activities... Kinda driving me away from Android operating software... Would any anit-virus/malware software be able to fix this?

• MSTKMSTK USAPosts: 60 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is an app from at&t on the phone that does it. I forgot what it was. I either disabled or uninstalled it. It tells you app you might like to try.

@MSTK said:
    There is an app from at&t on the phone that does it. I forgot what it was. I either disabled or uninstalled it. It tells you app you might like to try.

That makes sense!
    I have most of at&t apps disabled.
    And the pro golf app.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Carriers and their bloatware. Only thing from a carrier I will install is their visual voicemail app.

• MSTKMSTK USAPosts: 60 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s the AT&T select app.