No sim card detected error issues?

MistergouMistergou Chattanooga, TnPosts: 23 ✭✭✭✭✭

This just started a couple days ago, randomly my ZTE Axon M will no longer detect the SIM card... I restart my phone and then it will work from anywhere to 1 hour to 1 day before it has the same issue. I can restart my phone and will pick up the SIM card again... BUT is this a phone issue or a bad SIM card?

Just seeing if anyone else had a similar issue.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

This could be either hardware or software. If you got in 2017, then it is fairly new.

Try this first.

Power the phone down. Take the sim card out and clean it. Sometimes people use eraser to but you can just blow on it and wipe it clean. Then reinsert it back and see if that helps the issue. (if not, it's certainly worth to see if ATT can just give you a sim card (most of the time it should be free if you just go into the store)).

Do check make sure the software is up to date. And if this happens again, try to maybe toggle airplane on for like a minute then turn it off to see if the phone reconnect to the network.

Factory reset is an option if you don't mind doing it just in case it is a software issue.

Answers

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

did it say that sim card not detected? Or that you just cannot make calls or getting any data? If this is an older sim, I would say take it to ATT store to see if they can replace it with a new one for you to test. Do you have other ATT phone that you can test the sim with or check to see if the issue could also be network related?

• MistergouMistergou Chattanooga, TnPosts: 23 ✭✭✭✭✭

@samsamha said:
    did it say that sim card not detected? Or that you just cannot make calls or getting any data? If this is an older sim, I would say take it to ATT store to see if they can replace it with a new one for you to test. Do you have other ATT phone that you can test the sim with or check to see if the issue could also be network related?

correct it says SIM card not detected and the 4GLTE icon is replaced with a SIM card icon with a line through it can not make calls/txt/data only wifi only things. The SIM card is as old as the phone so Nov 2017. I only have the one phone... sold my other when I go this one.

• techman_hou_Axon_Mtechman_hou_Axon_M United StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭

I noticed this started happening after the August 2018 ATT update a week or so back. If it is not the ATT update, then I suspect that the SIM Card got jarred loose when dropped.

But since that ATT Update the phone Camera turn on (various modes) will cause phone to reboot. Very annoying!! <---Will create a new post on that. Could be an App causing this though.