LOS 14/15

5tevej5tevej MrUnited Kingdom of GB NIPosts: 17 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm considering giving LOS 14.1 a go, as I can't see this Oreo update coming anytime soon

Now I've used CM on Nexus devices, but never anything other

Couple of questions:

• If I load 14.1, will I be able to update to 15.x through the OS, or a simple 'dirty flash'?

• I've read lots of forums, in many different places with regards to unlocking the bootloader. Now there's the @DrakenFX method, which only makes reference upto B32 (I think), I'm on B35 and it seems a little (overly?) complicated. The other method is via the Toolkit posted on XDA - so I'm not sure which route to take shrugs

Any advice/suggestions/answers on the above would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance :smile:

Answers

• chavochavo D/FWPosts: 85 ✭✭✭✭✭

i have these same questions as well.

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,007 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If I load 14.1, will I be able to update to 15.x through the OS, or a simple 'dirty flash'?

you'll have to full wipe before updating to LOS 15.1 and by that i mean using Format Data option.

I've read lots of forums, in many different places with regards to unlocking the bootloader. Now there's the @DrakenFX method, which only makes reference upto B32 (I think), I'm on B35 and it seems a little (overly?) complicated. The other method is via the Toolkit posted on XDA - so I'm not sure which route to take shrugs

use the ToolKit from XDA, that help you get the unlock bootloader, with the unlock B19 from the MiFlash tool.

• 5tevej5tevej Mr United Kingdom of GB NIPosts: 17 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DrakenFX said:

If I load 14.1, will I be able to update to 15.x through the OS, or a simple 'dirty flash'?

you'll have to full wipe before updating to LOS 15.1 and by that i mean using Format Data option.

I've read lots of forums, in many different places with regards to unlocking the bootloader. Now there's the @DrakenFX method, which only makes reference upto B32 (I think), I'm on B35 and it seems a little (overly?) complicated. The other method is via the Toolkit posted on XDA - so I'm not sure which route to take shrugs

use the ToolKit from XDA, that help you get the unlock bootloader, with the unlock B19 from the MiFlash tool.

Could you please PLEASE post a definitive guide, for those of us on B35 - I've never encountered such a number of differing guides, for the same purpose!