Case Casualty

AngelDeathAngelDeath USAPosts: 20 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welp my case just became a casualty of over use, the bottom hinge just broke. Guess it wasnt tested thoroughly for stress usage of opening and closing. Cant glue cause i dont think it will hold, and if it did it wouldn't be for long. not happy.!

Comments

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

What is the warranty on the case?

• MistergouMistergou Chattanooga, TnPosts: 23 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes the only case currently available is not that great... I broke one a couple months ago, I bought another but currently just using screen protectors... I wish someone else would make a less bulky case that lasts longer than a couple months.

• AngelDeathAngelDeath USAPosts: 20 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dont know this was the free case ZTE offered a couple of months back, so that would be a question for them as I dont have a clue. But this shouldn't break like this from opening and closing.

• SKOLSKOL WashingtonPosts: 37 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine did the same thing

• MSTKMSTK USAPosts: 60 ✭✭✭✭✭

My case broke also long ago. I still used it for a while broken but now it is off now. The best option is probably a real good screen protector that covers the whole screen and a skin around the edges.

• AngelDeathAngelDeath USAPosts: 20 ✭✭✭✭✭

well now the top portion is broken, the only thing holding this in place is the tacky tape around the screen, which will be a matter of time before that gets dirty and falls off.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,550 mod

I'm on my second one now. I do wish there were a few more options out to choose from, but overall the case in my situation took a beating. I'm always tossing my phone over the back of the couch(blind faith that nothing/no one is sitting there,) or on the table, into the car, my purse... it's actually surprising to me it held up as long as it did..lol

• techman_hou_Axon_Mtechman_hou_Axon_M United StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭

My surround plastic case is about 3 mo old, got phone in Dec 2017. I dropped it with case on 3-4 times. Last time a partial break on cylinder of top hinge, but case still functioning.

The leatherette belt case was purchased at the same time. It ripped like paper at the belt clip/hoops after two months. will be checking for warranty on that.