• mgeinitzmgeinitz Encino, CAPosts: 169 ✭✭✭✭✭

That looks like great news!

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,694 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ya, it may be!!!

• AlpakaAlpaka United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭
    edited May 13, 2018 2:43PM

Maybe we'll Get an oreo update for the axon 7

• smh032395smh032395 Posts: 268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

As of right now it does seem like wonderful news but Trump has went back on his word before people! Lets not forget the made up phone call fiasco that went on... But if he really is helping out (which we all know it'll be to get something in return) it'll probably be to replace the ban with a huge **** fine! If he does do the fine ZTE can come back because they'll have access to our companies again (and the software) and it'll save a lot of employees their jobs and money! So please get this **** sorted out! Good luck!

• thephantomthephantom USAPosts: 55 ✭✭✭✭✭

The back of my Axon 7 just turned bright orange. Strange...

• clarktccclarktcc Vero Beach, FloridaPosts: 15 ✭✭✭✭✭

I read in Cnet that “ZTE spent $2.34 billion on more than 200 US suppliers last year, acquiring components and software for phones and networking gear, the person said. Its largest suppliers are Qualcomm, Broadcom, Intel, Xilinx, SanDisk and Acacia Communications -- ZTE paid each company at least $100 million.”

I wonder if some of these companies are behind the scenes putting pressure on Trump or he has friends in these companies. I could believe that more than he wants to help out China workers.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,338 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've always thought and still think there will be a way for ZTE to become active in the USA again.

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 416 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just saw this. Interesting that he'd want to help them. Curious to see how this unfolds but b/c they fouled up this stupidly I'm unsure if it'll be worth it.

• shaneeliballanceshaneeliballance Posts: 16 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't be **** people off now about talking about Trump... This is a phone site, not a political view one...

• marcwool1marcwool1 CanadaPosts: 117 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody is talking about Trump any more than to say he's issued a Twitter statement about getting ZTE back to work, and that he says a lot of things that he never follows through on, or reverses himself on.
    Ergo: cautious optimism with a wait and see attitude is warranted.

• webman1956webman1956 United StatesPosts: 38 ✭✭✭✭✭

@smh032395 said:
    As of right now it does seem like wonderful news but Trump has went back on his word before people! Lets not forget the made up phone call fiasco that went on... But if he really is helping out (which we all know it'll be to get something in return) it'll probably be to replace the ban with a huge **** fine! If he does do the fine ZTE can come back because they'll have access to our companies again (and the software) and it'll save a lot of employees their jobs and money! So please get this **** sorted out! Good luck!

It will get done but not for the reason of helping ZTE in general. I look at it as a Trump diversion tactic.

• gamerdad06gamerdad06 Posts: 12 ✭✭

I don't think this is a diversion. He's a business man first. I think if anything, he's going to hit the company with a big fine to make sure they realize it's not a game. They might not go out of business but their butts are sure gonna hurt from this.

• webman1956webman1956 United StatesPosts: 38 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gamerdad06 said:
    I don't think this is a diversion. He's a business man first. I think if anything, he's going to hit the company with a big fine to make sure they realize it's not a game. They might not go out of business but their butts are sure gonna hurt from this.

It might be used as leverage with China but doesn`t really matter to us ZTE buyers anyway. Ready for Oreo update and Axon 9.