block texts?

wintawinta bellaire, texasPosts: 34 ✭✭✭✭

Axon 7 mini. Is there a method to block spam texts?

Thanks for your consideration.

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

i do not believe this is built into the default messaging app but you can always try third party text app or use use app to block spam text.

• wintawinta bellaire, texasPosts: 34 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks. any idea which app will block spam text?

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

i have not used these apps so you may have to try them to see how you like/use them.

If you use hangout as your primary sms app, you have the option to block contacts where any incoming text will be archived.

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 425 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Textra works great. I have used it for years. And you can block texts.

• MyhrddinMyhrddin United StatesPosts: 15 ✭✭✭✭✭

One way to cut down on those texts.. a little extreme but, I changed my number and then only gave out my google voice number so it could filter through the incoming and keep a bunch from ever getting to the phone. And, then be very careful about who you give any of your numbers to.. nothing's a sure-fire way but, that has really helped limit that sort of thing for me. And, you can go through and banish stuff that does come in as spam for any future instances. If you get a lot it could be something to consider. Hope that helps, or gives you an idea of some other way to keep it under control.

• cf07cf07 CanadaPosts: 111 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found in Canada that the servers of phone company are not secured. Itravelled to a different city. Spam sms came out. Basically someone 8nside the company is wstching the roaming numbers. And either sell them or use them for 5heir own purposes. You can forward these spam sms back to the company to check. Just call your phone c9mpany to find out the spamm reporting centre number.

We are very careful with our number....

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 7,980 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ram1220 said:
    Textra works great. I have used it for years. And you can block texts.

Second vote for Textra.