Track stolen phone

dmintovdmintov BulgariaPosts: 1

Hello,

My phone was stolen from my house last night and i was wondering if you can help me find a way to track it somehow?

Answers

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Google has a Find my device function where it will ID the location of the device. This is really meant for lost device and not stolen device but this will help you to at least ID the location of the phone. Just so you know, in order for this to work, the device needs to be online or it may not able to pinpoint the location.

There you would also have the ability to remote wipe the phone if you wish to so that data can be secured. Or lock the device if you did not have a lockscreen. (more info here)

• CecicliaGarciaCecicliaGarcia United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭

If you cannot find your mobile phone, the first thing you need to do is to ensure whether the device is really lost or just misplaced. You can simply confirm that by calling the device. Or you can use Android Device Manager to track the device. If you make sure that the device is truly gone, you need to take action right away.

• EmilyBakerEmilyBaker United StatesPosts: 12 ✭✭✭

Once you lose your phone, the most important thing is to change the passcodes of the accounts that you have signed in on the device. To achieve that, you can login to your accounts on computer and then go with the instructions on the screen to change the passwords. This would protect the security of your personal information and property.

After changing the passcodes, the next step you need to do is to contact your carrier and tell it that the phone is lost or stolen. Then the carrier will stop the service and start the process of getting your number transferred to a new device. Now the people who steal your phone will not be able to do anything on your phone so you do not need to worry that your families or friends would be cheated.