launcher problem with mini

wintawinta bellaire, texasPosts: 46 ✭✭✭✭

Axon 7 mini: I started getting a message that there is something wrong with the launcher. I don't even know what program that is. It gives me a choice either to cancel or clear. If I clear, the phone rearranges all the apps. Not very convenient. It continues to occur. Can't figure out what prompts the problem. I appreciate any help you offer.
Thanks for your consideration for this dinosaur.

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

is this with stock launcher? If so, maybe try to clear the app cache and data to see if that would resolve the issue.

If it is custom launcher, then maybe try to uninstall (clear the app data first) then and reinstall to see if that would help.

If this happens recently, maybe it is one of the app that you have recently installed or updated. Think about what you may have installed or update recently and uninstall them to see if that helps too.

• wintawinta bellaire, texasPosts: 46 ✭✭✭✭

To samsamha. I don't know what the launcher is. Al I know is that the phone starts and lately this problem started. I barely understand how to work the phone other than phone calls, taking pictures and occasionally using Whats App.

actual launcher statement::

"Sorry. the launcher has encountered the problem for three times. To solve the problem, please tap Clear. Doing this will restore default desktop layout and delete backup files."

Below the statement are two words: Clear Cancel

I tapped Clear several times. The phone then rearranges all the icons, but the message repeatedly appears. I tried Cancel, several times and it removes the launcher message, without rearranging the icons. Shortly the message reappears.

So. what is happening? What is that problem? If there is a problem, how do I correct it?

• cf07cf07 CanadaPosts: 149 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you barely knows howto work the phone, best is to take it to a store...It is very hard to solve any issues without given more background, nor pics. what kind of apps in your phone. Model etc.Asian.India,NA or EU model

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

sounds to me it's software problem. It is hard to really say which app is causing it. Maybe quick factory reset is the easiest way.

Solved **************I deleted an app named "stock launcher." ************ I thought it was related to the stock market. Apparently that is when the problems started. When I added that app back in, the problem was solved. Do I really know what I did? **No!