Software says it's never been updated, but won't update - what do I do? Also no certificates on it!

JRDHieronymusJRDHieronymus Sales AgentUnited StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

Says it's never been updated:

Sits here & does this for forever:

Am I supposed to have to do this?:

Best Answers

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,818 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

ZTE cannot provide software updates during their export ban. Their update servers were taken offline back in April and are still off. No updates for anyone. Nothing you can do but wait and hope it gets lifted and the update servers put back online.

• johnny3ddjohnny3dd United StatesPosts: 59 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Being that ZTE ban is not getting lifted, you might as well disable that system update app. It's going to keep trying to connect and run your battery downuch faster. I disabled mine a while back and battery life is a little better, but not much. This entire ban is really taken a toll on all ZTE devices, with no update access or any kind of support were pretty much dead in the water. Now is a good time to start looking at a new device, I just ordered an LG V30 yesterday after waiting patiently to see if the ban would be reversed, and it is not happening so onward and upward. ZTE has had a good run and had some loyal customers like myself, one must come to the realization that this seems to be the end of the road for them. It's time to move on to something new and improved, that's what I've decided after giving this 3 months to turn around with no such luck in sight.

Answers