ZTE Blade Spark Android Go chances?

gymnastboatmangymnastboatman United StatesPosts: 1

This phone would shine with Android Go.

But I can't get any answers out of anyone. When chatting with ZTE support, I was told that that was AT&T's job, not theirs. When then calling AT&T, they said ZTE had to give them the update to push out, which is how I thought it worked, and they couldn't do anything.

Is this phone ever gong to get updated, or are AT&T and ZTE going to punt responsibility until this phone dies a slow death?

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi,

I can be wrong but I do believe that carriers would have to decide if they would want to have any software updated to the newer version. Sometimes carrier actually comes to the manufacturer and telling them that they want a phone that has these specs and manufacturer like ZTE just build the phone based on the specs. While it is true that the software comes from ZTE (manufacturers), it's up to carrier to see if they would want to have it pushed to their device (since software development and testing also do take time and resource).

The good news is that Blade Spark is running on Nougat. And I doubt that it can be converted to Android One device since Android One is technically running on unmodified Google software meaning that it won't have carrier bloats, which I doubt any carrier would allow that.