Now What Next ZTE....YOU HAVE TO ANSWER

teji007teji007 DrIndiaPosts: 60 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its been almost a month since we have heard that ZTE will pay fine and can restart its services through US Products.
But nothing has been done, since congress hold the President's decision. So, I Question ZTE should we hold on to your product and trust you ( Cause i am Die Hard FAN of my ZTE Axon 7 ) or should we leave ZTE?

Comments

  • alferalfer Posts: 124 ✭✭✭✭✭

    For the record, ZTE doesn't have to answer you.

    If you can't wait for the final decision and plan they may or may not have, please just move on.

  • jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    You don't have to leave. Regardless of what happens to ZTE, you are free to keep using your ZTE devices. However, if having a device with current software, bug fixes, security patches, etc is important to you, then you can move on. It's a personal choice you have to make yourself if you want to take your money and spend it on something else. ZTE has nothing to do with that part of the decision.

  • oceancatoceancat United StatesPosts: 12 ✭✭✭✭

    If you search for “ZTE news” with Google or any news source, you’ll find out what position they are in and when/if they will be back in business.

  • samwichsesamwichse Posts: 47 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @oceancat said:
    If you search for “ZTE news” with Google or any news source, you’ll find out what position they are in and when/if they will be back in business.

    https://news.google.com/search?q=zte&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

    Seems like they have gotten their Trump deal in place (paid the fine, replaced the board) and should have started reactivating update servers by now.

    If they want to stay in the US market, which they were fighting pretty hard to do, then they do kind of need to respond to teji007's question, or at least the spirit of it in general. Failing to do so means losing the hard-earned consumer trust they've been trying to build here.

  • vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

    ZTE is not in control in this situation.
    The US Congress is.

    Trump says yes to ZTE. He is apparently the only politician who doesn't care about national security. Or as all persons with a brain have already figured out, he is using ZTE as a tariff bargaining chip.

    ZTE 's fate lies in the hands of the US congress. Congressman on both sides of the aisle are convinced that ZTE is a security risk. Face the facts ZTE is doomed.

  • lllgurullllllgurulll Posts: 65 ✭✭✭✭✭

    has anyone checked to see if the update servers are active? I've seen a few articles stating security updates and the such will be available on their servers again.

  • jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    They have a temporary ban lift until August 1 to support existing devices. I think their Telecom business would be priority #1 since it brings in the most money and they need the revenue. They still can't source new parts or bring out new stuff. Just offer support for existing things in the Telecom and mobile space. But Telecom is probably where the first focus is. They have some pretty upset carriers around the world who paid a lot of money and haven't been getting support.

  • dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,288 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I will be sticking around to see what happens. I hope it all works out.

  • teji007teji007 Dr IndiaPosts: 60 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @samwichse said:

    @oceancat said:
    If you search for “ZTE news” with Google or any news source, you’ll find out what position they are in and when/if they will be back in business.

    https://news.google.com/search?q=zte&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

    Seems like they have gotten their Trump deal in place (paid the fine, replaced the board) and should have started reactivating update servers by now.

    If they want to stay in the US market, which they were fighting pretty hard to do, then they do kind of need to respond to teji007's question, or at least the spirit of it in general. Failing to do so means losing the hard-earned consumer trust they've been trying to build here.

    @samwichse Thanks..thats what i meant to say...I quoted all consumers in my question to ZTE, people just take it personally or they just want to make their name in ZTE.

  • acatrusacatrus Posts: 352 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I too would like a least a statement from ZTE. What the future holds for them, what kind of support, if we can expect any for the A7 (Oreo) while they can operate. Will they abandon USA for a time, will they go with the A9. Or will they continu under the Nubia brand.

    Of course ZTE owe us nothing, and we own them nothing. It's all about business and customer support.

  • teji007teji007 Dr IndiaPosts: 60 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @acatrus said:
    I too would like a least a statement from ZTE. What the future holds for them, what kind of support, if we can expect any for the A7 (Oreo) while they can operate. Will they abandon USA for a time, will they go with the A9. Or will they continu under the Nubia brand.

    Of course ZTE owe us nothing, and we own them nothing. It's all about business and customer support.

    Truely Said Sir

  • vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 4, 2018 6:52PM

    @acatrus said:

    Of course ZTE owe us nothing, and we own them nothing. It's all about business and customer support.

    They owe us to honor their warranty. Beyond that they owe us nothing.

  • lllgurullllllgurulll Posts: 65 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Has anyone verified if the update severs are actually active,?

  • blatidoblatido Posts: 43 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Patience is the name of the game. Fortunately, my Axon 7 is still working just fine and I will keep on using it. As for ZTE, I don't expect much from the company right now, since they're still in "survival mode". If it survives and comes back to the smartphone business in the US a few weeks from now, the Axon 7 stands a chance to receive Oreo update (supposedly it was almost ready to be shipped). That's my guess (or better said, my hope).

  • lllgurullllllgurulll Posts: 65 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @blatido said:
    Patience is the name of the game. Fortunately, my Axon 7 is still working just fine and I will keep on using it. As for ZTE, I don't expect much from the company right now, since they're still in "survival mode". If it survives and comes back to the smartphone business in the US a few weeks from now, the Axon 7 stands a chance to receive Oreo update (supposedly it was almost ready to be shipped). That's my guess (or better said, my hope).

    Is this the long way of saying the servers are not active? 😀

  • teji007teji007 Dr IndiaPosts: 60 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Guys Any Idea When will ZTE will be functional again?

  • jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 8, 2018 3:56PM

    @teji007 said:
    Guys Any Idea When will ZTE will be functional again?

    No. Current relief is only temporary until August 1. No news out of ZTE on what they will do during this time. My personal belief is they will focus on telecom equipment customers because that revenue source is much more important than mobile at this time.

    No long term relief has been announced beyond August 1st.

    They just replaced all of their executives in the last 4 days...they have to be given time to get a handle on the situation and start forming a gameplan for the future of the company. I doubt much of anything will happen before the August 1st deadline comes. We are looking at early fall before we see anything happening is my opinion. Everybody at the leadership level is new!

  • teji007teji007 Dr IndiaPosts: 60 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @jasonscarter said:

    @teji007 said:
    Guys Any Idea When will ZTE will be functional again?

    No. Current relief is only temporary until August 1. No news out of ZTE on what they will do during this time. My personal belief is they will focus on telecom equipment customers because that revenue source is much more important than mobile at this time.

    No long term relief has been announced beyond August 1st.

    They just replaced all of their executives in the last 4 days...they have to be given time to get a handle on the situation and start forming a gameplan for the future of the company. I doubt much of anything will happen before the August 1st deadline comes. We are looking at early fall before we see anything happening is my opinion. Everybody at the leadership level is new!

    Hmm Think So

Sign In or Register to comment.