Good news for all ZTE Phone owners. ZTE allowed to continue to run business with USA

Axon_toeAxon_toe Posts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

The US Commerce Department granted the Chinese telecom giant a temporary license to resume business activities while it considers ending a seven-year ban.

Comments

• lllgurullllllgurulll Posts: 65 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just wish they would turn on the servers so I can get off of B32 and on B35.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

With the mess they are in in terms of lost revenue since April, I would think the telecom business would be priority #1 on providing support and fixes for those customers with multi million dollar purchases who have gone without support for 2.5 months. Who knows what the new leadership's immediate plans are for mobile. Since this is just a temporary ban lift until August 1st, I am not sure much will change as far as mobile software updates.

• DrakenFXDrakenFX United StatesPosts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@lllgurulll
    If that's what you want here goes....

This is the official B32 to B35 Ota , just only need to move it , to the root of your sdcard and enable OEM unlock under developer option before heading to recovery mode.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wOz_t6SvBK1twgmXuW24d3N9H4zXJ74X/view?usp=drivesdk

@DrakenFX said:
    @lllgurulll
    If that's what you want here goes....

This is the official B32 to B35 Ota , just only need to move it , to the root of your sdcard and enable OEM unlock under developer option before heading to recovery mode.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wOz_t6SvBK1twgmXuW24d3N9H4zXJ74X/view?usp=drivesdk

Is this the official update file? Not the file that requires TWRP.

@lllgurulll
    Is the official OTA, just requires what I mentioned before , then head over stock recovery and "update via sdcard"

• platypusplatypus Vancouver, BCPosts: 23 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DrakenFX Is this one of the betas?
    Thanks!

@platypus said:
    @DrakenFX Is this one of the betas?
    Thanks!

No, it is not.

• scottlescottle Cincinnati, OhioPosts: 34 ✭✭✭✭

Found this regarding the details above:
    "Today's Commerce order not only limits ZTE in the scope of what it can do (it can't make and sell new smartphones, for example), but it also expires on August 1. That gives ZTE less than a month to fix and update software on existing equipment."

Source: https://www.techradar.com/news/zte-ban-lifted-july-2018

edited August 16, 2018 1:16AM

@DrakenFX said:
    @lllgurulll
    Is the official OTA, just requires what I mentioned before , then head over stock recovery and "update via sdcard"

OK finally decided to go all the way back and start over. I'm on b32 trying to apply this file and when I drop it to the sdcard and go to recovery, it tells me Sorry, you can't sdcard upgrade. How do I get around this?

EDIT

AFter doing some adjusting, I've gotten around the Sorry error. Now when I try to run the file you linked me to, I get an error stating EMMC blah blah blah, has unexpected contents.
    E:Error in /sideloadpackage.zip
    (status 8)