Updates For Blade V8 Pro

Webshooter38Webshooter38 United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have links or files for the updates for the Blade V8 Pro? I would like to get past Build 18.

Comments

• phonepainphonepain United StatesPosts: 16 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am also stuck on build Z978.1.0.0B18 on one of my Blade V8 Pro phones (I have two).

Ironically, my older Blade V8 Pro is already on Z978V1.0.0B20. It retrieved that update in January. B20 works great, just like a well-oiled machine! No significant problems at all.

Then the ban came... just before I ordered a second Blade V8 Pro. That's when I discovered the update servers were offline. D'oh!! The second phone is therefore stuck on B18, and it has, shall we say, "issues."

Apparently the ban was lifted today, though... so I sure hope ZTE gets those servers back up, ASAP! Hang in there Webshooter38.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't actually answer your question. I don't have the file, and have been searching anywhere I can think of. So far, no luck.

edited July 14, 2018 1:22AM

Well, that didn't take too long! The update servers seem to be back up.

Unless I'm mistaken, my phone (the one stuck on 0B18) appears to be downloading z978V1.0.0B20, as I type this. Wahoo!

EDIT: Well, the update completed in less than an hour from start to finish (77 apps needed to be 'optimized'). I've verified that my 0B18-related problems are resolved; all apps and the phone itself are performing splendidly on 0B20.

• DarskyDarsky MNPosts: 17 ✭✭✭✭✭

@phonepain said:

Unless I'm mistaken, my phone (the one stuck on 0B18) appears to be downloading z978V1.0.0B20, as I type this. Wahoo!

EDIT: Well, the update completed in less than an hour from start to finish (77 apps needed to be 'optimized'). I've verified that my 0B18-related problems are resolved; all apps and the phone itself are performing splendidly on 0B20.

If your phone is updating to B20, then it seems they've removed the problematic B22 update. Unfortunately, my phone (on B22) just says up to date, rather than down(up?)grading to B20. Hopefully they'll release another update to fix the B22 update now that the servers are back up.

@Darsky said:

@phonepain said:

If your phone is updating to B20, then it seems they've removed the problematic B22 update. Unfortunately, my phone (on B22) just says up to date, rather than down(up?)grading to B20. Hopefully they'll release another update to fix the B22 update now that the servers are back up.

Yes, that does seem to be the case -- B20 is active, B22 seems to have been pulled. At least, as of 7/13/18 at around 9pm CST. Given the problems with B22 that others reported, I'm grateful to be on B20 with both of my Z978s.

You're 100% correct IMHO, that anybody who already got upgraded to B22 should be offered a downgrade path. It would also be extremely nice if the actual upgrade files were available for download, so we could put 'em on an SD card, for local upgrading/downgrading. That would also let us retain a copy for any future "server unavailable" scenarios. It certainly would make life a lot easier.

• Webshooter38Webshooter38 United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

@phonepain said:

Have you tried installing Facebook? I'm scared to add it, because everything is running smooth right now, and I don't want to have to do another factory reset.

edited July 14, 2018 5:17PM

No, sorry, I have not. I avoid Facebook like it's a 675 pound vampire, with several STDs, recklessly driving a monster truck (that's on fire) through an elementary school playground.

I had some additional thoughts on using Safe Mode to remove a problematic app, allowing you to avoid a factory reset. But the forum appears to have eaten that post. I will try again in a moment, but do know there IS a safe mode on this phone, and it can get you out of some real jams.

Found it. Look for Bruno020717's post on this thread. Post time: September 29, 2017, at 2:07pm.
    https://community.zteusa.com/discussion/50152/phone-not-waking-up-lots-of-stock-android-has-stopped-working-home-button-wonky/p6

Sorry, I don't know how to direct link to a specific post.

I can tell you, this saved my bacon on 0B18, because installing the eBay app sent me directly into a death-spiral, boot-loop, rocket-ride-to-hell. Going into Safe Mode and uninstalling the misbehaving app ended the boot loop.

Caution: Using safe mode may reset your choice of launcher, and bugger any widgets you have set up (just recreate them).

• mingzdad1mingzdad1 United StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭✭✭

The update download is back online after ZTE paid another $1.4 billion ransom payment to the U. S. government. I got my update a couple days ago. Now my phone works great.

• Ock1Ock1 United StatesPosts: 39 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darsky said:

@phonepain said:

I made the mistake of updating one of my V8s to 22 which killed the WiFi battery life. Ended up selling it and keeping my other V8 which is on 20. I don't care if I stay on 20 forever cuz everything works perfect with incredible battery life!!!!!

@Ock1 said:

@Darsky said:

@phonepain said:

I made the mistake of updating one of my V8s to 22 which killed the WiFi battery life. Ended up selling it and keeping my other V8 which is on 20. I don't care if I stay on 20 forever cuz everything works perfect with incredible battery life!!!!!

I agree, I'll avoid update 22 entirely, if I can. I have automatic updates turned off, I just hope that 0B22 never gets forced upon us somehow.