ZTE Update Question

JesseJames69JesseJames69 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

Since the ban on ZTE has been lifted yesterday. Does that mean ZTE phones like the Blade zmax will finally start getting security updates and updates in general?

Best Answers

• acatrusacatrus Posts: 352 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

In theory yes, but in real, no onw knows. Maybe they will end support and move on to next project. But I do hope the Axon7 will get it's last update to Oreo

• imaginghimagingh Dave United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

OTA update servers appear to be back online, no updates available for my Axon 7, but I no longer get the network unavailable error.

Answers

• lostcowboylostcowboy USAPosts: 12 ✭✭✭✭

Got a security update today on z982, B25.

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes B25 is now the latest build for the BZM!

• nburgos74nburgos74 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭
    I don't get any update I still have 7.1.1 is there any update zte blade max?
  • sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,897 admin
    edited January 30, 2019 3:47PM
    nburgos74 said:
    I don't get any update I still have 7.1.1 is there any update zte blade max?
    7.1.1 is the latest update. Are you currently on the B25 build?
  • Bladereap3rBladereap3r 94110Posts: 6 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2019 8:54PM
    I've got the B25 update.  Will there ever be an Oreo 8 Update for the ZTE Blade Max (Z982)? - My carrier is MetroPCS which also happens to be their corporate HQ for my area and when I've asked them on several occasions including their  manager I get a blank stare back and tell me they don't have that information. (Ugh!)
    So depending on your answer here, if it was a NO...would it be possible to Root my fone and DL and install Oreo 8 on it. I've never done a root ever on any of my smart fones. If ZTE/MetroPCS is planing to let out the Oreo 8 as an upgrade do you know when? that might be for my fone? Thank you, in advance.  #justcurious
  • sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,897 admin
    @Bladereap3r There will be no further updates to the Blade Z Max. There is currently no official method to root the device.
  • Bladereap3rBladereap3r 94110Posts: 6 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2019 5:11PM
    sshasan said:
    @Bladereap3r There will be no further updates to the Blade Z Max. There is currently no official method to root the device.
    ...thanks kindly for the reply. I was just hoping for Oreo 8 as I like everything about the update and what it gives. Sadly it wont happen for my device then and Im happy with what my Blade Z Max can do for me, defo not into spending large amounts of $$ for a flagship fone of any company. have a gr8 day! ;)