Over Half a year since update? Little outdated

AnthonyTAnthonyT United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭

I bought this phone brand new and it's only ever had one update. And that was back in February of this year. I feel that it is very behind and there are way yo many glitches. Why haven't they had an update? I have way to many problems with this phone and I am wanting to get rid of it. It gets so hot that the metal frame begins to burn my hands. The screen will change to the back screen randomly. Even on lock screen. Phone refuses to lock until reset. And screen freezes every day and not even while using apps. Some factory apps won't even open any more. This phone is becoming a nightmare. And of course att will not allow me to trade in unless I pay off the remaining balance. This phone isn't worth that amount.

Comments

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@AnthonyT sorry to hear of your problems. Yes I agree the AxonM needs an update.
    But have you tried a factory reset? That has seemed to work for me. I too have used this device since the release.
    And welcome to the. Community @AnthonyT
    Please try a factory reset, that might solve some of your issues

• AngelDeathAngelDeath USAPosts: 20 ✭✭✭✭✭

They must have heard you, Update just hit my phone today, No Release notes other then "Firmware Update" which means garbage

• bigkulonebigkulone BransonPosts: 5 ✭✭

Same, would really like to know what the update actually consisted of. To me this was a good sign tho. Now that ZTE is back in business it looks like they may not completely disappoint after all with the M..? I'd still like to see the Oreo update as promised.

• schwartzasherschwartzasher United StatesPosts: 181 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

They had no update cuz of the whole gov issue

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

A couple of things, first ZTE was tied up in some legal matters with the US government and for all intents and purposes was shut down for the past few months. The second thing would be that the Axon M is a carrier device.

As such the carrier is responsible for any and all updates to this phone. It will be ZTE who makes the actual update but it is up to the carrier to decide whether or not they want one. Hopefully AT&T will ask for an update and we'll see something but for now, all we can do is wait.